FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake Ontario 4th of July + the week after  (Read 11413 times)

longbeardking

Lake Ontario 4th of July + the week after
« on: Jul 14, 2008, 08:52 AM »
Nan and I spent the week on the lake. Fishing was very slow. Temp way down. Fished 100'/150' down to get temps of 52/56 degrees. We managed some nice fish in spite of it all. We even invited a man from Utah, working at the nuke plant to come along. He works right on the lake and has neer been fishing on it. We were set up less than 20 minutes when he landed his first fish. A beautiful 13 and 1/2 pound steelhead.

My wife did an excellent job of driving the boat, fighting her own fish, AND some superb netting .

One of the riggers fired and I was able to get to the rod and hook into this monster. 25 pounds and then some. I actually had to shed a tear to convince my wife to let me catch this one.

The story wouldn't be complete without a picture of the fishing machine.

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
Re: Lake Ontario 4th of July + the week after
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14, 2008, 08:55 AM »
great pics guys!!! it's about time you got a new picture of the boat! ::) :laugh: those are some pigs! too bad you had to beg for that fish.  :rotflol:

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

Duck Doctor

• Throbbin' rods and smokin' drags!
« Reply #2 on: Jul 14, 2008, 10:05 AM »
You know guys........when I talked to my father on the phone, he told me they caught a king that was between 18-22lbs. Turns out, it was a 13.5 pound steelie!  Guess we know who tells fish stories here!

BTW Dad: I told Laine just this weekend, I could not wait to see the condition of the boat. I can see I have some cleaning to do! 
Personal Best NH fish: Rainbow Trout  5lbs 8oz  Brown Trout 6lbs 3oz Lake Trout 10lbs 6oz

longbeardking

« Reply #3 on: Jul 14, 2008, 10:19 AM »
BTW Dad: I told Laine just this weekend, I could not wait to see the condition of the boat. I can see I have some cleaning to do! 

SURE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you can clean MY boat ANYTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

Duck Doctor

« Reply #4 on: Jul 14, 2008, 10:20 AM »
SURE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you can clean MY boat ANYTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

I guess if I were to clean it, then you would know POOLEY, Laine, and I would have stolen it!
Personal Best NH fish: Rainbow Trout  5lbs 8oz  Brown Trout 6lbs 3oz Lake Trout 10lbs 6oz

longbeardking

« Reply #5 on: Jul 14, 2008, 10:23 AM »
I guess if I were to clean it, then you would know POOLEY, Laine, and I would have stolen it!

You can't outrun a Motorola!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CSpike

« Reply #6 on: Jul 14, 2008, 11:12 AM »
I'm heading out that way in the next month. Where do you fish out of? Mexico bay or Oswago? Assuming the proximity to the nuke plant. Where do you stay? any reccomendations where you can leave the boat in the water without launching everyday?

Spike

Duck Doctor

« Reply #7 on: Jul 14, 2008, 11:15 AM »
There are a bunch of hotels in the Oswego area but we launch/dock at Wright's Landing in Oswego. It is a 9 mile run to 9 Mile Point. (Nuke Plant) However, the better fishing is right out front in Oswego when the salmon are coming in!

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
« Reply #8 on: Jul 14, 2008, 11:23 AM »

i'm out of work at the moment, so where do you keep that boat??? :evil:

Duck Doctor

« Reply #9 on: Jul 14, 2008, 11:25 AM »
i'm out of work at the moment, so where do you keep that boat??? :evil:

what do you drive and do you have a 2 7/8 ball?  I have a key to the place the boat keys get locked up in!

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
« Reply #10 on: Jul 14, 2008, 11:27 AM »
i have a dakota with a v6, but i have 3 brothers with full size trucks. i guess we could trade for a couple of days. ;D

Duck Doctor

« Reply #11 on: Jul 14, 2008, 11:28 AM »
i have a dakota with a v6, but i have 3 brothers with full size trucks. i guess we could trade for a couple of days. ;D

I get out of work at 8pm.......see you in oswego at sun up? 

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
« Reply #12 on: Jul 14, 2008, 11:30 AM »
 :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

longbeardking

« Reply #13 on: Jul 14, 2008, 11:39 AM »
I'm heading out that way in the next month. Where do you fish out of? Mexico bay or Oswago? Assuming the proximity to the nuke plant. Where do you stay? any reccomendations where you can leave the boat in the water without launching everyday?

Spike

Spike,

I fish out of Oswego. IMO, it's the best launch for 2 reasons. Safety/shelter and it's geographical location. I have a camper set up at K&G Twin Pines out in Scriba on County Route #1. It is a great place to stay with lots of fishermen to shoot the bull with. You can launch your boat at Wright's Landing and they have transient dockage for $1.50 a foot. Launch is $8.25. There are aany number of hotels and motels in the area and many places to find good food at. I will be out there again on the 23rd of this month for 4 or 5 days for what they call harborfest. It's a GREAT time to stay away if you want to fish.  I will definately be back there the last week in August. By then the salmon should be in the staging mode off the Oswego River.

longbeardking

« Reply #14 on: Jul 14, 2008, 11:42 AM »
You other 2 guys,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,eder o' yous toucha my boat,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I breaka youse face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then I'll be  :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.