FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: BIP Gang- Ponds and Lake Adventures  (Read 151731 times)

Dispy

BIP Gang- Ponds and Lake Adventures
« on: Apr 07, 2011, 07:03 PM »
Morning departure

Blazing trails

Major Obstacle

Open water at last

Resident fishermen return

CATCH of THE DAY!!!!

Short video
http://s621.photobucket.com/albums/tt294/monstermash_01/?action=view&current=SDC11094.mp4

Catch Photo
"Meet the new with your ears, eyes and mind wide open, and your mouth tightly shut."

deerme

awesome pics!!!!!!

GraniteBass

Unreal!

Was the seagull hooked? What is the daily limit on seagull?  ;D

Dispy

"Meet the new with your ears, eyes and mind wide open, and your mouth tightly shut."

Dispy

Unreal!

Was the seagull hooked? What is the daily limit on seagull?  ;D
Indeed the bird was released unharmed. It just laid there in my boat while I cut the hook and extracted it from it's lower beak after reeling in about 200 feet of line, 8lb test rofl. Funny thing as I was returning to home base, another gull swooped down on my bait, picked it up and flew a short ways then dropped it from about 50 feet in the air.

Dispy

Unreal!

Was the seagull hooked? What is the daily limit on seagull?  ;D
Yes the gull was hooked :D Not a very good fight though :laugh: No tags present and not sure of the daily bag limits ::)

imfishin

ha ha ha prob taste like chicken. Can you give us any hints for trolling for gulls. LOL

Capt. Black

Dipsy,
No recipe for Gull? Baked stuffed gull or BBQ?  ;D

Capt. Black

Dispy

Dipsy,
No recipe for Gull? Baked stuffed gull or BBQ?  ;D

Capt. Black
:rotflol: :rotflol:  I am sure I could come up with one...to quote AquaAssassin "I bet he could make a chum pot taste good."

salmon stalker

LOL...great pics. I love gull on a skewer....hmmm ummmm goood
The outdoors, a real man's playground!!!!!!

Dispy

LOL...great pics. I love gull on a skewer....hmmm ummmm goood
Hmm maybe I'll try "gull on a skewer" and call it Dispy's Fried Chicken............ ;D

Dispy

Re: BIP Gang- Ponds & Lake Adventures
« Reply #11 on: Apr 16, 2011, 09:04 AM »
Bass I: April 16-cloudy with overcast, wind 5-10 knots south-westerly. Visibility-clear to 15 FOW. Water temps main lake 41.5*F, protected coves 45-47*F.

Switched it up a little this morning, deviated from my recently adopted stream/brooks routine and hit the lake in search of trout. Not a one to be caught. On the way into home base, I observed hundreds of male yellow perch at the channel entrance. The water was literally black with a thick school in the shallows. Observed several gills in shallow water too. The Loons were busy and even a lake otter was out fishing. What a morning!!!

As I have stated many times, where there is wood...there are bass. Where perch are spawning, the bass will be feeding. My first cast with my good ole faithful(gold/black) Bomber Long A produced several nice chunky male bass, 1 nice 4-5lbs pickerel that I lost while trying to snap a photo. I can only imagine what a small grub or jig-n-pig would have produced. Fingers numb, I decided to call it quits and drifted into the trees to which I was catching fish in/around and observed a large school of Larry's cruising the perimeter and busting up on the male yellows.

Dispy

« Reply #12 on: Apr 16, 2011, 09:48 AM »
New lure out of the package..fish just love 'em

Dispy

« Reply #13 on: Apr 18, 2011, 06:09 PM »
Plenty of Sunfish and Blue gills to be caught this evening. Troutski and Josh nailed over 50 in 2 hours. A small school of yearling bass were seen cruising the sandy beach shown in the first picture of this thread. Several 7" Pickerel were also observed, as well as an Osprey dive bombing for fish. A few Mallards were also observed.

Chum pots and minnow traps were also set this evening. We are going for the State record for both Brown Bullheads ( the old record came right from this beach, I believe in 1988 or 1985) and American Eel. It is my quest to fulfill my Master Angler status this year and will be concentrating upon record fish across the State as well as on BIP. I know there are monsters living here.

This is a special time of year on the lake as new life begins, old residents return and many opportunities are abound. One has to love the New England Seasons.

joelucci3

« Reply #14 on: Apr 25, 2011, 12:20 PM »
Dispy,

Have they stocked BIP yet?  was there last week but decided to hit beaver brook instead.  Pulled a couple nice brookies out from behind the lobster claw.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.