FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: i need a new reel any suggestions  (Read 2696 times)

svnative

Re: i need a new reel any suggestions
« Reply #15 on: Aug 18, 2011, 08:50 PM »
i might be going to purchase a president tomarrow hahah me and my buddy won the local bass tourney and split up the money i broke a 50$ browning rod on a big smallmouth so that's gonna leave a dent in my wallet   :-\

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #16 on: Aug 18, 2011, 09:21 PM »
In my opinion, the pflueger president is the best bang for your buck. I have two. One is a 6725 and I also have a 6730. They never let me down. I also agree that the stradic is the way to go when you are looking at the premium reels.

svnative

« Reply #17 on: Aug 18, 2011, 09:52 PM »
since the recent tourney win i also wanna buy a new baitcaster reel whats a good baitcaster  i was thinkin the diawa  megaforce

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #18 on: Aug 18, 2011, 10:39 PM »
I feel strongly that the Shimano Symetry is the best bang for your buck out there now. They are smooth as silk, virtually eliminate line twist, and have incredibly long service lives. You can also close the bail with the crank with no worry of it breaking like most reels do.

I have five of them in my lineup, and I feel they are worth every cent of the $100 they ask for them.

I have a 15 year old Symetry that has seen more use than 5 average fishermen would put on all their reels in a lifetime. It still functions perfectly. It was getting just a tad loose and ugly so I handed it down to my oldest boy. I bet he still gets a bunch of service from it.

I think the models from 5 years ago were pretty and the new ones are a bit ug, but they fish all the same. I bought a 3000 last spring, it is a great reel.

http://www.fishusa.com/Shimano-Symetre-FJ-Spinning-Reels_p.html

TheDL

« Reply #19 on: Aug 19, 2011, 08:18 AM »
i might be going to purchase a president tomarrow hahah me and my buddy won the local bass tourney and split up the money i broke a 50$ browning rod on a big smallmouth so that's gonna leave a dent in my wallet   :-\
you broke a rod on a bass?   :o Did you get the fish?  That's too bad about your rod  :-\
tight lines....

svnative

« Reply #20 on: Aug 19, 2011, 02:29 PM »
hahahaha no fish snapped the pole in two and pulled out some line and there was no way i was gettin that d**n smallie in those fish have the best fight for there weight hahahah the fish i caught to win the tourney was a 3.70 largemouth probably  a good pond and a half bigger then the smallie and it put up half the fight of the smallmouth hahahaah  :P

TheDL

« Reply #21 on: Aug 19, 2011, 02:32 PM »
oh no!  that sucks...that rod must've had a weak spot if a 2-3lb smallie broke it!  You need a reel with a good drag! 
tight lines....

JAMMER

« Reply #22 on: Aug 19, 2011, 02:35 PM »
UGLY STICK.......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.