MFF US Northeast > Pennsylvania

They killed our lake!

(1/5) > >>

‘Ol Snakebite (RuttNutt):
I heard thru the grapevine that they drained the lake in our private community. We have 2 lakes- one large and one small. I noticed a couple weeks ago they drew down the level on the small one to remove some larger trees that had uprooted and fallen into the lake. It was not totally drained and in a few days the level was raised back to normal levels. I assumed they were doing the same thing to our big lake.

What I found yesterday was shocking!  :o

Only a small amount of water left and a crane was fishing for the few remaining fish left!  :(

SHaRPS:
Ouch. Pretty level, shallow lake.

Yes, most of it is fairly shallow but it was nice to have a place close by if the roads were bad and didn’t have to worry much about going thru the ice since you could stand most places.

Mac Attack:
Maybe done for dredging and/or maintenance?!?!

any ideas?

No idea! That’s the issue............as homeowners, we should have been notified. The only way I found out about it was one of the lakefront homeowners posted something on Facebook and my wife told me about it.  ::)

I really doubt it will be dredged- don’t think we have money in the budget for that. (They used to stock the small lake with trout in the Spring but stopped that many years ago citing budget issues.)

My guess is it is a maintenance issue on the dam....................but did they have to drain it completely???!!!  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version