FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: fast and furious  (Read 1637 times)

tip-uptwo

fast and furious
« on: May 19, 2007, 08:25 AM »
I usually bring a couple of combos out with me with a few different things to try while fishing but today, one bait out did them all. I started my route through the bush to get to my hole and dropped in a  line in a couple of spots while on the way. Managed to get a few snap offs from the many small pike lurking in the shallow weeds. It was getting dark and tying a new jig onto my line was out of the question. I was only there for 10 minutes and lost two jigs :roll: (Glad to say my casting accuracy is dead on..those hanging branches everywhere probably would have taken another 10 from me :lol: )

Setting up a few hours before I put small Genz worm into a  micro tube with an orange and yellow pattern to it. The weight of the teardop balanced everything out smoothly..

-The deadly set-up- Very straight forward...better than any tactic I have used for crappie..(I always put a bead between the bobber and the stop)

I am use to frequently changing up things to find what's working. Giving the fish what they want is the key to success in my books..Today, the tube was just a magnet. No need to switch..

Second cast..Wham..crappie hooked up! Nice...

Continued on to catch about 30 of them in the 8-12 inch range and even got another 13''(My ruler only goes to 12''  :lol: ) Not one fish was caught on the pause..My bait is always moving. The crappies were not hitting as hard as previous outing but the numbers were there.. Structure was just holding bedding gills and sunfish and bass while the slabs were schooling in about 7 FOW according to my slip-float.

Took a few shots to show ya guys..The action was to steady to whip out the camera every 5 minutes  :roll: Dark males protecting there nests are gorgeous. All released happily to protect there young...

-Andrew

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
Re: fast and furious
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 09:06 AM »
good little set up there. I like the pic with the crappie in the weeds.

Fishing is life

MIRC!

ULTRAlite

• 24" Bowz or Bust...
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 09:57 AM »
Nice pics and set up  ;D

crappiekeith

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 10:48 AM »
Great post Tipuptwo!
I'm sooooo droolin!

ULTRAlite

• 24" Bowz or Bust...
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 12:08 PM »
You ever use the stealth style floats where the line only goes through the bottom of the bob?  I find that it REALLY helps sensitivity over the style in your pics (through the centre)...

Might be something to try.

Here is a link to the exact model that I use - works great on the tiny jig heads I use for trout...

http://www.lindyfishingtackle.com/tackleshop2/product.php?productid=17637&cat=490&page=6

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 08:35 PM »
Way go tip-uptwo.
Thats's quite the number of crappie you found, good size to them also. :)

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 08:52 PM »
Sweet deal man

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.