My Fish Finder Main > General Fishing Discussion

camo wrap for fishing boat

(1/2) > >>

2inaboat:
Has anyone tried doing a "camo wrap" on their boat? Something like this www.camoskinz.com ? If so, how hard was it to do?

ole sam:
That looks pretty cool.  I'd like that for my kayak.  Anyone have any experience with using it?

stripernut:
I suggested it to a friend for his boat and he brought up a good point about what would happen as it gets damaged. I have no dought that it will look great, but with a few run-ins with docks and sticks in the water, I am not so sure it would look as good for long...

Houligan:

--- Quote from: stripernut on Feb 24, 2018, 12:11 PM ---I suggested it to a friend for his boat and he brought up a good point about what would happen as it gets damaged. I have no dought that it will look great, but with a few run-ins with docks and sticks in the water, I am not so sure it would look as good for long...

--- End quote ---

Boats are meant to be run on water not into docks and such. If allowing any watercraft to hit docks and sticks and such I would highly recommend putting the wrap on to protect the craft or learn to control the boat better. When moored deploying bumpers only takes a minute. Its amazing how many people when selling their beat up used boat thinks "dock rash" is normal when asking their upper sentimental price. I know some sticks when running are just part of being on the water and tough to miss every one. But....

Over all a wrap will hold up as good as or better in some cases then paint with aluminum, gel coat is a bit more durable. And yes I've done wraps in the past. Go for it, you will like it.

Cheers!
Houligan

Doubles Shooter:
Here's another option for the creative types.
https://www.reelfootcustomcamo.com/reelfoot-custom-camo-home.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version