FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: PERCH  (Read 24873 times)

abishop

PERCH
« on: Jun 15, 2018, 08:35 AM »
Anyone going in the next few days with the south winds we are suppose to have? Hoping they make their way closer to shore soon. Anyone getting them yet?

fishcrazy

Re: PERCH
« Reply #1 on: Jun 15, 2018, 02:16 PM »
Marked some pods yesterday. Not much action yet near Ogden dunes

abishop

« Reply #2 on: Jun 16, 2018, 11:19 AM »
Marked some pods yesterday. Not much action yet near Ogden dunes
Thanks for the report. Guess there isn't many people out fishing for them yet. It should be happening any day now. I HOPE. Haven't got many the past few years. Praying this is a better year.

Spooled85

« Reply #3 on: Jun 16, 2018, 11:36 AM »
I do knoe that they are there to be had but you had to put your time in and not wait for other people to tell you that they are on

abishop

« Reply #4 on: Jun 16, 2018, 12:54 PM »
I do knoe that they are there to be had but you had to put your time in and not wait for other people to tell you that they are on
Lake Michigan is quite large. Once they make it a bit closer to shore I will be out. Until then, I guess I will just stay home. At nearly 50 bucks each time out, and not working, I can't afford to go and explore. However, there are enough other people who are more than willing to help me out. Guess you have to get out of Wheatfield more. Thanks for NOTHING

Spooled85

« Reply #5 on: Jun 16, 2018, 01:44 PM »
Oh your welcome Al , they show up in the same spot every year year after year

abishop

« Reply #6 on: Jun 16, 2018, 01:48 PM »
Oh your welcome Al , they show up in the same spot every year year after year
Just a matter of time. The last few years they were only in the usual spots for a short time. Just a waiting game. FISH IT AND THEY WILL COME. LMAO

abishop

« Reply #7 on: Jun 29, 2018, 11:18 AM »
Anyone been getting any? I am hoping to get out Tuesday.

indianahooker

« Reply #8 on: Jun 29, 2018, 03:54 PM »
i bet they are on fire.  better go see man!

abishop

« Reply #9 on: Jun 29, 2018, 04:28 PM »
Tuesday look out here I come

purduebass

« Reply #10 on: Jun 29, 2018, 04:29 PM »
I was out on the big lake last week bass fishing and saw lots of boats offshore that looked to be perch fishing.  Im not sure if they were catching anything.  I never talked to anybody at the ramp that was fishing for them but there were several boats out that were in the normal perch spots.

abishop

« Reply #11 on: Jun 29, 2018, 05:35 PM »
I was out on the big lake last week bass fishing and saw lots of boats offshore that looked to be perch fishing.  Im not sure if they were catching anything.  I never talked to anybody at the ramp that was fishing for them but there were several boats out that were in the normal perch spots.
Thanks 4 the info. Out of portage or Michigan city?

Spooled85

« Reply #12 on: Jun 30, 2018, 03:30 PM »
I will be out there tomorrow if plans stay the way they are now. And will post what I find

boondox

« Reply #13 on: Jun 30, 2018, 03:49 PM »
Was getting them perch on erie wednessday and Thursday till this warm south west wind came in.. right now there is a huge mayfly/fish fly hatch so every thing shuts down tI'll the fish get sick of eatting mayflies.. any how with this heat I am thinking the perch will move deeper so they don't get to hot??  In warm water.. I was fishing from shore and managed a few.. Thursday when there I managed less cause of it being 89*f I think they moved further out.. so be aware of that..

purduebass

« Reply #14 on: Jul 01, 2018, 09:40 AM »
Thanks 4 the info. Out of portage or Michigan city?
We went out of Portage.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.