FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: April 1 Trout Opener  (Read 7624 times)

perchslayer25

Re: April 1 Trout Opener
« Reply #15 on: Mar 29, 2004, 07:15 PM »
Last year on opening day was the greatest memory....we were fishing a stream in osceola and it was me my dad and a buddy...we caught about 14 trout all keepers....and after walking this crick dad gets this feeling....and we all know whats like to have to poop....so he sets down his pole and walks up the hill...well me and my buddy were up a little farther...and we see my dads fishing pole come flying by us...a sucker snatched onto his pull and yanked it down stream...we ended up getting it...but dad was cut short of his poop....
If your electronics don't say MarCum then you're already too far behind me to catch up!

kodiak73

« Reply #16 on: Mar 29, 2004, 08:51 PM »
cant wait that is for sure so i can fish  the east coy clear and catt...have been fishing the genesee river caught a few nice browns ......i hope the wheather is good but rain or shine i  will be there ....lines in the water...kodiak73 ;D

devil-man

« Reply #17 on: Mar 30, 2004, 01:54 AM »
Last year on opening day we tried a new tactic on the East Koy, just downstream from the campgrounds. Bought a bunch of minnows and hooked them right through the head, killing them, then fished them like a Rapala. I caught a 15" brown on my second cast. It worked like a charm.
I got the salmon and trout catalog from Cabela's today, imagine that!

I am getting seriously pumped about Thursday! My old man is even coming out on Friday, and he's never been stream fishing before. That should be a day full of memories.
Just 2 more days of work to suffer through, good luck, everyone!!!

reubenpa

« Reply #18 on: Mar 30, 2004, 06:05 AM »
I have been getting so excited that I had to release some and go to Maxwell and fish for trout!! got 6 browns. I had never gotten browns that were not stocked, and they were my largest ever non-snagged browns. I snagged one a long time ago in a tiny stream.   COME ON THURSDAY!!
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

Ikura

« Reply #19 on: Mar 30, 2004, 06:12 AM »
devil-man, that's cool.

Did you use bass (size) minnow or perch minnow? What size hooks?
Is hooking through the head meant to keep it on the hook?

mark mercer

• Team Mercer
« Reply #20 on: Mar 30, 2004, 01:24 PM »
goin to wappingers creek im not sure if they stock but its the only place i can find around here, if anyone knows any other places aorund hyde park let me know

devil-man

« Reply #21 on: Mar 30, 2004, 03:54 PM »
Ikura- They were small minnows, about 3". The hooks were #6's.
We did it primarily because we didn't want non-native species in our streams, but yes, they did stay on the hook a lot better!

Jdawg67

« Reply #22 on: Mar 30, 2004, 04:29 PM »
I'm taking Friday off.  3 day's of walkin the streams.  I'll be fishing Clear, East, wis, Genessee, Canasaraga, Catt, Lime Lake outlet.  We pretty much hit every stream within and hours drive of Camp in Arcade.   Anyone been around any of these streams to check water levels and color?

kodiak73

« Reply #23 on: Mar 30, 2004, 05:38 PM »
jdawg where u from i do alot of fishing there and always looking for another partner to hit the streams ....i live in belfast ....do u fish the wellsville trout derby...kodiak73

fishboy899

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #24 on: Mar 30, 2004, 05:55 PM »
I can't wait to get out and fish for trout.  I don't know where I'm going to fish though.  There is so many spots that are good.
A 17 yr. old that is addicted already.

devil-man

« Reply #25 on: Mar 31, 2004, 06:01 AM »
The weather looks superbly shisty the next couple of days. That really sucks, but I took the time off work, so I'm going anyways. Now I just need to find someone willing to get cold, wet, and muddy with me! My best friend and father are probably going to back out...

Bartman44

« Reply #26 on: Mar 31, 2004, 06:08 AM »
Devil,

Yes, it's raining cats and dogs and a few other things here in eastern NY which will make the rivers look like shisty tomorrow.

Good luck, it's still better than work.

Bart

reubenpa

« Reply #27 on: Mar 31, 2004, 08:25 AM »
hey devil, I am going to Naples and see if I can catch a few suckers in boots, but you are probably too far away and don't want to go there, but I will be there rain or shine!!!
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

Jdawg67

« Reply #28 on: Mar 31, 2004, 09:29 AM »
kodiak73, I'm from Lockport.  I'll be heading to camp in Arcade Tomorrow after work.  What's the Genny look like?  Was thinking of hitting it Saturday morning at Belmont.  I'll be fishing Clear at the Sparks road bridge on Friday morning.  Where you heading to this weekend?  If you see a red Mazda Pickup, it's probably me since I have seen another one in the three years I have had the truck.  Let's try to hookup one of the next couple weekends.   

kodiak73

« Reply #29 on: Mar 31, 2004, 11:39 AM »
well i will be fishing clear creek from catt on up will be using radios and will be on channel 7 genesee is still a little high fished it the other day in wellsville and did catch a couple browns and a whopper sucker it was fun to bring in on ultra lite....i am hopping the rain stays away for the next 24 hours dont need anymore of that...all it wants to do lately is rain and for snow it had it s chance if u know what i  mean......kodiak73

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.