FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread  (Read 336910 times)

Doubles Shooter

Re: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread
« Reply #1140 on: Dec 18, 2019, 06:07 AM »
I hope everyone had a good season. Time to move on to tree rats, coyotes, and hopefully some ice fishing. My wife and I meet the bus to get the grandkids daily. they live out in the country a bit with a fair number of deer. All gun season I brought a gun because they come onto their land once in a while. Haven't seen a sign of a deer all season so I left the muzzle loader home. Of course at 4:00 I look out the window and there are 6 deer coming in about 80 yards out. Easy shot from the barn. Oh well, they will be there next year.

fishshack

« Reply #1141 on: Dec 18, 2019, 06:38 AM »

reeleyz

« Reply #1142 on: Dec 18, 2019, 09:20 AM »
It’s depressing for sure. Time to start planning for next season!

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1143 on: Dec 18, 2019, 10:25 AM »
It’s depressing for sure. Time to start planning for next season!
X2!!
Nice job findin em

Badbrad2186

« Reply #1144 on: Dec 18, 2019, 11:10 AM »
X2!!

Start planning lol been working on it

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1145 on: Dec 19, 2019, 10:57 AM »
Start planning lol been working on it
I just finished up hunting Tuesday evening. I don’t start working on stuff for next season until the season is over. Tends to spook the deer I’m hunting a little.
Nice job findin em

gotagetm

« Reply #1147 on: Dec 19, 2019, 03:55 PM »
awesome double shooter!!!
thx for info!!!!

touge30

« Reply #1148 on: Dec 19, 2019, 03:57 PM »
whats it all mean couldnt make heads or tails

reeleyz

« Reply #1149 on: Dec 19, 2019, 04:59 PM »
I think it’s the same bill that has gone nowhere the past few years.

I would like to see CB allowed for the entire bow season. It would give my mom a chance to hunt more.

gotagetm

« Reply #1150 on: Dec 21, 2019, 04:08 PM »

Went to Pennsylvania today to smokehouse and got a load of Bacon's,hams ,hocks,and ring bologna
I do.make my own , BUT been going back to shamokin where my parents were from for my whole life and getting a bunch every Christmas and Easter, hands down best anywhere!!! ( My opinion of course)

Badbrad2186

« Reply #1151 on: Dec 22, 2019, 08:11 AM »
I just finished up hunting Tuesday evening. I don’t start working on stuff for next season until the season is over. Tends to spook the deer I’m hunting a little.

Yea I got shanties out and cleaned up and ready to go and went through some tackle a couple weeks ago but then again I had 3 weeks off during deer season.

Mac Attack

« Reply #1152 on: Dec 22, 2019, 08:41 AM »

Went to Pennsylvania today to smokehouse and got a load of Bacon's,hams ,hocks,and ring bologna
I do.make my own , BUT been going back to shamokin where my parents were from for my whole life and getting a bunch every Christmas and Easter, hands down best anywhere!!! ( My opinion of course)

It's the coal.

:laugh:

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #1153 on: Dec 22, 2019, 12:57 PM »
I've been sniping squirrels off the feeder hoping to get the SOB that moved into my attic. I've acquired quite a few of the tough little buggers so last night I canned 6 pints of them. I've never done them before, but have eaten canned tree rat and enjoyed it. I just put a half teaspoon of minced garlic and maybe a teaspoon of thin sliced onion to the bottom then packed full of cut up bone in squirrel. I then added 1/2 teaspoon of salt and some black pepper and pressure canned. I had to try some when it was done. OMG was it good. Fall off the bone tender and full of flavor. My grandson finally gave it a try and gave me a big thumbs up. Grandma was disgusted at the idea of eating them. This morning, the little guy was having a cup of coffee with Papa and said he wanted squirrel for breakfast. Cool, the little monkey ate almost the whole jar. I love it. 6 years old and already hooked on fish and game. 

reeleyz

« Reply #1154 on: Dec 23, 2019, 09:42 AM »
Squirrel is definitely underrated! I did a few in an Instapot last week and it was awesome.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.