FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: being on the look out for champ.  (Read 4957 times)

lumberjohn

Re: being on the look out for champ.
« Reply #15 on: Jul 13, 2004, 04:36 PM »
Wally Diver wouldn't lie. ;)

susquayuga fisher

« Reply #16 on: Jul 13, 2004, 06:04 PM »
He's put me on a fish or two ;D

crappieman12887

« Reply #17 on: Jul 17, 2004, 12:39 AM »
ok then we all most try to post some pics for the onewho dont beleave us ,so make sure to have your camara ready,bill

deerslayer92163

« Reply #18 on: Aug 02, 2004, 04:14 PM »
heres one for all you non believers
       http://www.pressrepublican.com/archive/2004/08_2004/080220046.HTM

upstateny

« Reply #19 on: Aug 04, 2004, 07:32 AM »
This is surely one of the more interesting topics on the board! Especially the 4:20 encounter with Champie, now that I think about it, I may have seen him in the southern tier about the same time of day!
I've visited some of the web pages and such, it really is interesting. I need to make a trip to the lake for a look myself, never been there. Oh and I would probably fish too!
Keep up the good stories!
Jim T
Jim T

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #20 on: Aug 06, 2004, 07:35 AM »
This was on Fox News' website today  :o  :o  :o:

Strange Sighting Makes Believers Out of Skeptics

CHAMPLAIN, N.Y. (AP) — Five vacationers from Maryland claim they've seen Champ, the mythical Lake Champlain monster.

Bob Gload and four of his grandchildren said they saw a dark, black, snakelike creature while bass fishing Wednesday afternoon.

Gload said there was an "explosion" in the water, and then he saw three humps, two to three feet tall, four to five feet apart.

"I was born in Champlain. I never believed in Champ or the Loch Ness monster," Gload told the Press-Republican of Plattsburgh. "I believe now."

Last year, the Skeptical Inquirer (search), a publication that routinely challenges such things as UFOs, Bigfoot and other mysterious claims, disputed the existence of Champ.

The story by Joseph Nickell and Benjamin Radford was based on a visit they made to the lake as part of a Discovery Channel production.

They swept the water with sonar and watched — unsuccessfully — at locations alleged to be particularly good for Champ sightings. In reviewing eyewitness accounts, the team noted "widely inconsistent" descriptions.

Lake Champlain is home to lake sturgeon that can grow to 7 feet in length and in some cases weigh up to 300 pounds.

But Gload is convinced that what he saw was a creature like no other.

"All I know is I've been fishing for a long time, and I've never seen anything like that," he said.

Here is the link to the story, it is about half way down the page:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,128170,00.html

A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #21 on: Aug 06, 2004, 08:35 PM »
I was eating some homemade brownies while fishing champlain around 4:20 last friday afternoon and I saw CHAMP, he looks just like BOBMANS avitar.. Champ even spoke to me he said "lay off the brownies they make the size of your fish double when you tell your freinds what you caught"...
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

deerslayer92163

« Reply #22 on: Aug 06, 2004, 09:55 PM »
those brownies must be plentiful this year cause there have been 6 champ sightings ill bet all at 4:20 each time wonder if port henry will let you post the time on there billboard at the edge of town next to your name

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.