FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Salmon/Oswego river fisheries  (Read 4364 times)

Jigwiggler

Re: Salmon/Oswego river fisheries
« Reply #15 on: Aug 19, 2004, 06:47 AM »
Josh,
                      What name brand is your 10' noodle rod?Where did you purchase it?

Jack,  I get most of my tackle and equipment directly from various wholesalers.  The brand of rod is a Silstar Cork Classic 10' noodle.  It is a very inexpensive rod, I have seen them in shops for $19.95 during off peak times of the year.  I got a really good deal when I found these rods and because they were so cheap I bought 4 thinking that I would have replacements if the rods didn't hold up to the big kings.  Well I'm still using the original rod from 3 years ago and have since sold 2 of my spares to friends who are using them successfully.  If you're looking for a quality brand rod with a good warranty this isn't for you.  If you're looking to hook into some salmon and trout on a budget (like me  ;D ) these rods will get it done.
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

JackMagnum

Re: Salmon/Oswego river fisheries
« Reply #16 on: Aug 19, 2004, 10:55 AM »
Josh,
                      What name brand is your 10' noodle rod?Where did you purchase it?

Jack,  I get most of my tackle and equipment directly from various wholesalers.  The brand of rod is a Silstar Cork Classic 10' noodle.  It is a very inexpensive rod, I have seen them in shops for $19.95 during off peak times of the year.  I got a really good deal when I found these rods and because they were so cheap I bought 4 thinking that I would have replacements if the rods didn't hold up to the big kings.  Well I'm still using the original rod from 3 years ago and have since sold 2 of my spares to friends who are using them successfully.  If you're looking for a quality brand rod with a good warranty this isn't for you.  If you're looking to hook into some salmon and trout on a budget (like me  ;D ) these rods will get it done.
Josh,
                      Thanks for the info.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.