FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: c & r on small and large lakes  (Read 1424 times)

bigdave1018

c & r on small and large lakes
« on: Aug 10, 2004, 08:03 PM »
yeah im guilty of keeping the bigger fish but as you get older you realize if you are concerned about the quality and healthiness of any lake, c & r is a must!!!!!!!!!! i know it tough releasing them lunker walleyes and huge female fish but i want my kids and grandkids to have the oportunity to enjoy quality like i have. i read the tully,caz and otisco lake threads and just cringe!!!!!!!! yeah you pay for the right to fish and to keep fish but the smaller fish taste better and arent that much harder to clean.think about it. thanks big dave. :)

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
Re: c & r on small and large lakes
« Reply #1 on: Aug 11, 2004, 06:29 AM »
right on, i put back 99% of the fish i get,but i did keep the tuna when i went deep sea
fishing, but with the stocked trout,these fish have about a 3 year life,
good fishing  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
rat

try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

jf5

« Reply #2 on: Aug 11, 2004, 04:48 PM »
I think its a matter of common sence and discrestion. Keeping stock trout dosn't bother me, especially if the lake dosn't hold them over well. I agree about walleyes, but many slot limits already address these issues. Panfish I harvest readily. Certainly large breeding females during spawn time. 

You have to take in consideraton the species and its current status in a body of water. I have fished many tiny brook trout streams that needed a harvest of fish. I also fish a reservoir here in MA that had an overpopulation of lake trout and F & G was encouraging folks to harvest the fish by increasing bag limits and reducing size restrictions.

jf5

« Reply #3 on: Aug 12, 2004, 04:42 PM »
Well said Slipbob

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #4 on: Aug 13, 2004, 06:49 AM »
i also agree,well stated slipbob ;D
rat
but when i fish for heritage trout i put all of them back,and try not take them out of the water when i remove the the barbless hook
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
ratl
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.