FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Delware River  (Read 2167 times)

jf5

Delware River
« on: Aug 17, 2004, 03:57 PM »
I have been invited to fish the Main Deleware River near Narrowville, NY along the NY/PA border over the weekend. I have heard for years about some decent trout and bass fishing there, as well as a few walleyes.  But the recent reports I have read are not good for much except smallies 5-15". Don't get me wrong, I like smallies, but with the 4 hour drive, I would preffer a chance at some decent sized trout or walleyes mixed in. Many on line reports are saying that the water is warm due to lack of releases form the Reservoir, and the trout fishing sucks. Also, I am not finding much on the current walleye action. ANyone been here recently that can tell me whats up? 

Doover

Re: Delware River
« Reply #1 on: Aug 17, 2004, 06:00 PM »
If you mean Narrowsburgh,the rivers going to be high and brown, due to heavy rains. Brain

jf5

« Reply #2 on: Aug 18, 2004, 08:26 AM »
Yes, thanks for the correction and the info.

outdoorsman

« Reply #3 on: Aug 18, 2004, 08:51 AM »
As of this morning, the main stem is floatable but too high to wade.  I imagine it is fishable but I couldn't tell you that for a fact.  You won't get smallmouths as large as they get in lakes, and a 15" smallie in the Big D is a decent one, but there are bigger ones no doubt.  Remember, the river smallies are different than those lake ones and they may not be as large, but they give one heck of a fight!!!  Plus, the color of some of those fish is astounding.
"I just want to get the work over as soon as possible so I can do some fishing. Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except that I still get to kill something."

jf5

« Reply #4 on: Aug 18, 2004, 12:09 PM »
Thanks Outdoorsman for the river update, as I am shore fishing.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Here in MA, I fish the Connecticut RIver and tribs and catch alot of what we call "river smallies". These fish fight hard due to growing in the currents. Most are 6-13", but you get one over 20 at times. (Got a 4lb 3oz 21" last Sunday night) the way he fought you would have thought he was a 8lber!! Jumped at least 10 times.

bayonne

« Reply #5 on: Aug 18, 2004, 06:54 PM »
use cray fish you get the bigger ones and fish low light dawn and dusk as for trout you never know i get them when i least exspect

jf5

« Reply #6 on: Aug 19, 2004, 04:48 PM »
How is the access from shore in this area??

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.