FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: proposed dec regulations change  (Read 4478 times)

eyehi

Re: proposed dec regulations change
« Reply #15 on: Jun 28, 2011, 08:51 PM »
Not really a big deal. People drive across entire states for 1 steelhead.
people with better jobs than me
Budweiser pro staff

Anchorman

« Reply #16 on: Jun 29, 2011, 05:35 AM »
people with better jobs than me
Or people that can manage their finances better than you.
Theres times i've had to save/budget all year to go on a trip to the cape, and we're talking less than a grand.
It just comes down to priorities, and how bad you want it.

esox v

« Reply #17 on: Jun 29, 2011, 07:32 AM »
Or people that can manage their finances better than you.
Theres times i've had to save/budget all year to go on a trip to the cape, and we're talking less than a grand.
It just comes down to priorities, and how bad you want it.
DID YOU GET TO KEEP ANY FISH ??
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

Anchorman

« Reply #18 on: Jun 29, 2011, 09:17 AM »
DID YOU GET TO KEEP ANY FISH ??

Just one....... ::)
 Doesn't matter though, even if it were 5 fish, it's still  a dollar chasing a dime, when you average it all out.

Bottom line, how can you justify pulling a boat to the river, gassing it up, or booking a charter, then b***h and gripe about a few fillets........??

I suppose if money was the sole driving force, i'd hit the pasture pond, and catch a bucket of bullheads.

esox v

« Reply #19 on: Jun 29, 2011, 01:01 PM »
Just one....... ::)
 Doesn't matter though, even if it were 5 fish, it's still  a dollar chasing a dime, when you average it all out.

Bottom line, how can you justify pulling a boat to the river, gassing it up, or booking a charter, then b***h and gripe about a few fillets........??

I suppose if money was the sole driving force, i'd hit the pasture pond, and catch a bucket of bullheads.
Because there are many people who Like to eat what they catch. There are many times that it doesn't work out.. but there are many times that it does.... If it cost 30 bucks in gas to drive to the SR... and currently steelhead trout is on sale for 8.99 a pound... you do the math...
The stuff processed in china or Chile probably tastes better anyway.. :sick: :sick: :sick: And walleye.... Can we even buy walleye in the store ??

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

Gamma Fish

« Reply #20 on: Jun 29, 2011, 01:07 PM »
Because there are many people who Like to eat what they catch. There are many times that it doesn't work out.. but there are many times that it does.... If it cost 30 bucks in gas to drive to the SR... and currently steelhead trout is on sale for 8.99 a pound... you do the math...
The stuff processed in china or Chile probably tastes better anyway.. :sick: :sick: :sick: And walleye.... Can we even buy walleye in the store ??
Only if it's imported from Canada or another state / country where their export is legal  ;)
  Or.......you can just dial up 1-800-POA-CHER and buy all you want  ::) ::) ::)
Plastics are Fantastic !

Prolifter

« Reply #21 on: Jun 29, 2011, 04:34 PM »
If you are in Baldwinsville, it'd be worth it for you to drive to the salmon river for a fish, or 2.
 I'm 2+ hrs away, and the 8.99 a lb would be cheaper.
I'd personally prefer perch fillets from the local lake over a steelhead anyhow.
Prolifter

esox v

« Reply #22 on: Jun 29, 2011, 10:05 PM »
If you are in Baldwinsville, it'd be worth it for you to drive to the salmon river for a fish, or 2.
 I'm 2+ hrs away, and the 8.99 a lb would be cheaper.
I'd personally prefer perch fillets from the local lake over a steelhead anyhow.
Prolifter
If you are fishing for a meal than your correct... and If spending 8.99 on Chinese fish is fine with you.... Great!! My Question is........ If they dropped the limit of perch to one fish would it change your view ?? And Does the process of fishing have any value or do you really like shopping ?   

bcons

« Reply #23 on: Jun 30, 2011, 06:11 AM »
Wow! now we got someone saying store bought would be cheaper  :o   It almost always is, is that the point of fishing?  I mean between all the gear I have tens of thousands invested, plus bait, replacement tackle, new gadgets & toys, insurance, gas, maintence, license, reg, then of course the time it takes, how much is that worth?  For what I spend as compared to the filets, I could probably hire someone to stay at my place full time to personally care for a Kobe beef cow, and go to the market for me to buy fish.  Again is that the point?  Limits at decent levels is the extra reward for a good day.  My problem is how many fish do you want in the lake? It's not like they're that hard to come by, as long as you don't suck.  Even if they increased numbers and 30+ fish days became common every trip, after 1 or two would you appreciate it?   They can't legislate or regulate success for all, sorry......
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

Anchorman

« Reply #24 on: Jun 30, 2011, 09:26 AM »
From what I can gather from the OP, this proposed restriction is not statewide, it's just a particular body of water, which I can only assume they're trying to turn into a piece of trophy water. Nothing prevents you from going to Oswego, and limiting out on eyes' there.

The point i'm getting at, is don't whine because you're "paying out the @ss, because the limit is only 1, when the truth is, even if you had 3 fish, you still would be paying out the @ss for them, when it all averages out.
There are 900 other spots in this state to catch table worthy walleyes that don't involve mega-bucks, and i'm sure most of us are within 15 miles of any of these said spots.

perchice

« Reply #25 on: Jun 30, 2011, 10:19 AM »
I know this isn't about fishing, but just another example of whats in store.
http://www.newyorkbowhunters.com/current.html

esox v

« Reply #26 on: Jun 30, 2011, 11:18 AM »
From what I can gather from the OP, this proposed restriction is not statewide, it's just a particular body of water, which I can only assume they're trying to turn into a piece of trophy water. Nothing prevents you from going to Oswego, and limiting out on eyes' there.

The point i'm getting at, is don't whine because you're "paying out the @ss, because the limit is only 1, when the truth is, even if you had 3 fish, you still would be paying out the @ss for them, when it all averages out.
There are 900 other spots in this state to catch table worthy walleyes that don't involve mega-bucks, and i'm sure most of us are within 15 miles of any of these said spots.
Do you think that the limit will have an effect on the charter captains?

Anchorman

« Reply #27 on: Jun 30, 2011, 11:41 AM »
Do you think that the limit will have an effect on the charter captains?
Not unless they're running a charter service betwen January, and March on the St. Lawrence.
Just a hunch, but i'm guessing that during this particular timeframe, you'll find most of em' guiding steelies in a driftboat, or the salt flats of Florida.

eyehi

« Reply #28 on: Jun 30, 2011, 08:56 PM »

it is not just a particular body of water it is the st lawrence river and lake ontario. last time i checked those were 2 pretty good size bodies of water that will effect a lot of people who ice fish.u dont seem to understand 1 fish does not usually make a meal. 3 nice walleye feed the family dinner. when i fish i enjoy the peace and quiet bringing home fillets is an added bonus.when i hunt  it is nice to be in the woods but also rewarding to bring home venison. the whole idea here is the added bonus of the harvest. i see no decline in walleye numbers where i fish we have 2 clubs that stock walleye annualy st lawrence walleye association and ogdensburg sportsmen club. never once heard of a pike stocking program.
Budweiser pro staff

esox v

« Reply #29 on: Jul 01, 2011, 12:07 AM »
Not unless they're running a charter service betwen January, and March on the St. Lawrence.
Just a hunch, but I'm guessing that during this particular timeframe, you'll find most of em' guiding steelies in a driftboat, or the salt flats of Florida.
Yea... I realized that driving back to work ... I have no comment.... other than I'm going to quit ice fishing !! :w00t: :w00t:
 :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: are Most fishing for one cookie cutter steelhead and soon to be one brown trout !! NICE !!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.