FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bailed Out Of Work Today.  (Read 17699 times)

filetandrelease

Re: Bailed Out Of Work Today.
« Reply #30 on: Apr 14, 2020, 06:22 AM »
Smithwick was paying these employees $500 a day to come in to work while sick.
that doesn’t say much for the company protocols
  http:// The release said the plant will be shut down until "further direction is received from local, state and federal officials." Employees will be compensated for the next two weeks, but there was no mention of payment if the plant is closed for longer.
 Production workers make , $11,-$ 24 average $15.77 big jump to 500 a day

UglyStik

« Reply #31 on: Apr 14, 2020, 10:12 AM »
Wegmans just announced they are going to limit the number of shoppers in the store at one time. Seems like that would be a good thing to do at Lowes for all the folks buying non essential stuff. Then you would have enough staff to follow individuals around and persistantly ask "Can I help you?, Anything you need?" till they get a clue and buy something or leave.

There was an unconfirmed report of an infected worker in the Camillus location. I was at that site working for an outside contractor on those dates but nothing came of it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #32 on: Apr 14, 2020, 01:51 PM »
I did my 4 hours today. The store was limiting  customer numbers and there was a line of 20 people outside when I left. People just wandering around the store buying plants and browsing.

There's a mulch sale going on and the loaders have a specific protocol to follow. Customers are not allowed out of their  vehicles and mulch is loaded into the trunk, trailer or truck bed only. They show their receipt to the loader and he does the loading.

A woman ordered way more mulch than would fit in her trunk and began to insist that the loader put it in her back seat. She got out of her car and verbally assaulted him when he told her he was not allowed to either put bags inside her car or even hand them to her.

Believe it or not, she actually spit on the kid before she threw the remaining bags into the back seat of her car. Had it been me, I'd probably be in jail.

There were other incidents in the lumber department which is a designated EXIT ONLY door. A customer pried open the doors and after a verbal exchange with the department manager, barged through the barricades.

To their credit, Lowes refused to check the customer out and made him leave the store.

This kind of behavior is so unbelievable to me. The employees are really on edge. They're required to wear face masks starting tomorrow. I can see security guards in the future.

Anyway, I took another 2 weeks leave. I'll assess the situation before I return....if I return.

Rg

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Ice Dawg

« Reply #33 on: Apr 14, 2020, 02:05 PM »
that doesn’t say much for the company protocols
  http:// The release said the plant will be shut down until "further direction is received from local, state and federal officials." Employees will be compensated for the next two weeks, but there was no mention of payment if the plant is closed for longer.
 Production workers make , $11,-$ 24 average $15.77 big jump to 500 a day
I think my wife got it wrong. I watched the same recorded news program today and it was a $500 payment to show up for work. I would think it was a one time thing.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #34 on: Apr 14, 2020, 03:22 PM »
I see now that those on unemployment are getting an extra $600 per week on top of their unemployment check until July.I have a neighbor who was fired from her job for performance issues whose been collecting for 8 months now with no intentions of looking for a job. She'll now be making over $1000 a week for sitting on her butt doing nothing.

Citizens who held jobs all their lives, living on social security, will get $1200. She's going to get close to $16,000 in 4 months....for doing nothing.

That's just not right.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

taxid

« Reply #35 on: Apr 14, 2020, 03:30 PM »
A friend in Michigan is still waiting for his first unemployment check. Good thing his wife works.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Beekeeper1099

« Reply #36 on: Apr 14, 2020, 03:30 PM »
That's new york state. Punish those who make an honest living and reward the lazy...

Beekeeper1099

« Reply #37 on: Apr 14, 2020, 03:32 PM »
I'm self employed. It seems to me that the harder you work the more you're punished.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #38 on: Apr 14, 2020, 04:26 PM »
You're actually eligible for unemployment if your business is shut down.

I was self employed for more than 25 years. I feel your  pain for sure.

I'm not against folks who've lost their job because of this  situation getting support. But, there's an element out there who've exploited the system continually that don't deserve to be rewarded while the elderly who worked for and depend on their benefits are struggling.

Rg

Beekeeper1099

« Reply #39 on: Apr 14, 2020, 04:46 PM »
I know exactly what you're saying rg. I have no pro lemon giving a hand up. But when it becomes the norm and expected is when it gets too much. I did see that program was extended to self employed persons. Will see how much longer I'm sidelined and may have to check it out. I'm going on 3 weeks off now.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #40 on: Apr 14, 2020, 05:00 PM »
Hope it turns around fast for you. I supported a family for many years  while self employed and spent many a sleepless night. I wouldn't begrudge you one cent.

Fare well,
Rg

Badbrad2186

« Reply #41 on: Apr 14, 2020, 05:03 PM »
I've been laid off since end of January the 600 extra a week is still only half of what I bring home when I'm working. So it may help some but I cant wait to go back to work.

Beekeeper1099

« Reply #42 on: Apr 14, 2020, 05:13 PM »
Hopefully we can all get back to work safely soon. Everyone stay safe and enjoy family.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #43 on: Apr 14, 2020, 05:22 PM »
My sole intention.

Helps that we're all here for each other. Fishers under the skin.

I'm probably gonna mow the damned lawn tomorrow. Now... that's bored!

Rg

UglyStik

« Reply #44 on: Apr 14, 2020, 05:28 PM »
Consider this. There were so many layoffs here in NY that the online and telephone claim system could not handle the traffic. If you were able to apply online, you still needed to call in. But most either got a busy signal or got hung up on. This was only fixed this week. Stimulus checks are just starting this week also. So, most people were out of work with NO INCOME for the last 3 weeks to a month. NO INCOME. So all this money you are imagining people getting is not true for most. How many people have enough saved to cover all their bills for a month or two?  Probably very few.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.