FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bailed Out Of Work Today.  (Read 17703 times)

Beekeeper1099

Re: Bailed Out Of Work Today.
« Reply #45 on: Apr 14, 2020, 05:30 PM »
Lol. I gotta get a deck belt so I can do the same. I'll be ordering the belt instead of heading to home depot though. Maybe hit a small shop to avoid the crowds

Badbrad2186

« Reply #46 on: Apr 14, 2020, 05:41 PM »
Consider this. There were so many layoffs here in NY that the online and telephone claim system could not handle the traffic. If you were able to apply online, you still needed to call in. But most either got a busy signal or got hung up on. This was only fixed this week. Stimulus checks are just starting this week also. So, most people were out of work with NO INCOME for the last 3 weeks to a month. NO INCOME. So all this money you are imagining people getting is not true for most. How many people have enough saved to cover all their bills for a month or two?  Probably very few.

Consider this those people are going to get a fat check from the back unemployment and also their stimulus check pry be in better shape than I am and we save i could survive 2 or 3 months with out any income but that's about it survive

UglyStik

« Reply #47 on: Apr 14, 2020, 05:57 PM »
I sincerely hope they do get it retroactively, or we'll have massive amounts of homeless starving people.

Badbrad2186

« Reply #48 on: Apr 14, 2020, 07:12 PM »
it's a good time that everybody starts learning how to grow their own food and prepare their own food and take care of their own food

I have all my seeds started putting a green house up tomorrow and moving seedlings to green house tomorrow

UglyStik

« Reply #49 on: Apr 14, 2020, 08:21 PM »
I was going to run out of bread, to avoid the dreaded grocery store I baked two loaves. Not a great baker, once it cools I'll slam some butter on a slice and see if it's any good. I wish I lived in the sticks I would grow food for sure. And build a fallout shelter/bunker. :) The survivalists that stocked up are probably having a " I told you so" moment now.

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #50 on: Apr 14, 2020, 08:43 PM »
That bread looks great!!!

bbfrogger

« Reply #51 on: Apr 15, 2020, 07:26 AM »
it's a good time that everybody starts learning how to grow their own food and prepare their own food and take care of their own food

Got my broccoli growing, 2 kinds of peppers, asparagus (it will be a couple years - I have 18 established plants though), and dill - garlic has been in since fall and popped up nicely.  Will probably do the onions this week then 65 hills of potatoes the first week of May - after that will be yellow squash, spaghetti squash, yellow and green beans, cukes, 2 kinds of tomatoes (20+ plants total), 5 rows of corn and a couple rows of carrots.  Also have a grape arbor, 2 each peach tree's, pear tree's, apple tree's and plum tree's as well as a gooseberry bush, goji berry bush, 4 rows of raspberries, and 9 blueberry bushes.  I feel ready :-)

taxid

« Reply #52 on: Apr 15, 2020, 08:12 AM »
I know exactly what you're saying rg. I have no pro lemon giving a hand up. But when it becomes the norm and expected is when it gets too much. I did see that program was extended to self employed persons. Will see how much longer I'm sidelined and may have to check it out. I'm going on 3 weeks off now.

I thought I heard you had to have employees?  I'm a sole proprietor but I won't require any money.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #53 on: Apr 15, 2020, 08:18 AM »
Got my broccoli growing, 2 kinds of peppers, asparagus (it will be a couple years - I have 18 established plants though), and dill - garlic has been in since fall and popped up nicely.  Will probably do the onions this week then 65 hills of potatoes the first week of May - after that will be yellow squash, spaghetti squash, yellow and green beans, cukes, 2 kinds of tomatoes (20+ plants total), 5 rows of corn and a couple rows of carrots.  Also have a grape arbor, 2 each peach tree's, pear tree's, apple tree's and plum tree's as well as a gooseberry bush, goji berry bush, 4 rows of raspberries, and 9 blueberry bushes.  I feel ready :-)

Awesome! I assume you are doing this indoors for now or you have a greenhouse?

I'm in charge of the family garden this year. My 84 year old dad that lives on my property with my mom, needs to stay by my mom's side to keep her from falling as she become unsteady on her feet. He used to be the garden man after my mom couldn't do it anymore. Really getting into it with a soil testing kit and garden books. Got some start tomato plants the other day.

Got the raised garden cleared out the other day. If I raise some bluegills in a tank outside this year I can use the fish waste to fertiize the plants. I did that with tilapia one year and the tomatoes went bonkers.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

lowaccord66

« Reply #54 on: Apr 15, 2020, 08:35 AM »
People are probably spending their stimulus checks before they arrive. I see mine will be deposited on 4/15.

Time will tell, not everyone gets one.  I do not.  I know its very difficult to buy physical gold and silver at the moment.  I think people are hedging their bets that the dollar will flatten significantly once stimulus money floods the market. 

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #55 on: Apr 15, 2020, 08:55 AM »
reeleyz  where  do  you see  when  your  check gets  deposited ?  can  you post  the  link ?
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #56 on: Apr 15, 2020, 09:08 AM »
My checking account (Online) shows when deposits will be posted. Usually a day or two ahead.
Nice job findin em

Pequod1

« Reply #57 on: Apr 15, 2020, 09:09 AM »
Trap, I just checked my bank account and the check was there.  The irs has your account info if you gave it to them when you filed your taxes either last year or this year.  If they don’t have that info from your returns, they will mail it to you. That will take a lot longer.
    Taxis, can rabbits get in those raised beds.  I’ve encircled my garden with enough rabbit fencing to make it look like a stalag, but they just tunnel under and destroy everything. I was thinking of doing the raised beds this year.

bbfrogger

« Reply #58 on: Apr 15, 2020, 09:10 AM »
Awesome! I assume you are doing this indoors for now or you have a greenhouse?

I'm in charge of the family garden this year. My 84 year old dad that lives on my property with my mom, needs to stay by my mom's side to keep her from falling as she become unsteady on her feet. He used to be the garden man after my mom couldn't do it anymore. Really getting into it with a soil testing kit and garden books. Got some start tomato plants the other day.

Got the raised garden cleared out the other day. If I raise some bluegills in a tank outside this year I can use the fish waste to fertiize the plants. I did that with tilapia one year and the tomatoes went bonkers.

Thats awesome - I start the peppers, broccoli, dill and asparagus inside - I have a couple grow lights - I have a lady up the road that has a veggie/flower business start my tomatoes - they are too much work for me - they seem to bolt a lot on me even with the grow lights, and the hardening off seems harder than with the peppers too. I found some roma tomato seeds from Burpee that grow huge roma's really well every year., and some sweet 100 types that are crack resistant - she does both for me.  Side note .....I ran into a local farmer a couple years ago that was spreading fresh manure and jokingly said he can deliver some of that to my house if he wanted, and he said he would put some right where he was if I wanted it and I could take it.  Giddy up ......it was so fresh it was oozing out of my truck by the time I got it home, the flies came from miles as soon as I uncovered it, and it took about 6 washes to start to get the stink out of the bed, but what a garden  :-)

bbfrogger

« Reply #59 on: Apr 15, 2020, 09:14 AM »
Trap, I just checked my bank account and the check was there.  The irs has your account info if you gave it to them when you filed your taxes either last year or this year.  If they don’t have that info from your returns, they will mail it to you. That will take a lot longer.
    Taxis, can rabbits get in those raised beds.  I’ve encircled my garden with enough rabbit fencing to make it look like a stalag, but they just tunnel under and destroy everything. I was thinking of doing the raised beds this year.

You didn't ask me but if you have any kind of wood like he has around the garden - I have landscape timbers -  and put the rabbit fence up tight to it - mine is inside the landscape timbers and buried about an inch - you should be good to go.  I have a lot of rabbits and no trouble with my set up.  They go around and around and around looking for a weak spot though, so if you have 1 they will find it.  LOL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.