FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bought My Old Fart's License This Morning  (Read 4808 times)

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
Re: Bought My Old Fart's License This Morning
« Reply #15 on: Apr 24, 2020, 04:50 PM »
Very cool, congratulations!
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #16 on: Apr 24, 2020, 05:43 PM »
Thanks everyone. Wasn't really looking for all the responses. But thanks.

I was really just happy to never have to buy a hunting or fishing license again. I'm kind of .....well....frugal...or cheap...depending on your point of view.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

whalerman

« Reply #17 on: Apr 24, 2020, 07:05 PM »
Got my lifetime 3 years ago, $65. After 70 years old fishing license is only $5/year  so $65/$5=13 years.  Sooooo we have to live to 83 years old to break even otherwise we paid too much lol.

piscesman

« Reply #18 on: Apr 24, 2020, 07:10 PM »
Congratulations. Is it cheaper after a certain age than younger since you're on the declining side?? Bought mine 2nd year offered for fishing only. Paid for itself 7 years ago at 55. Finally talked the wife into it and she will break even in 3 years. Got to love being able to fish no matter where you move to.....
      Kim :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
While searching for the meaning of life an older gentleman showed me how to fish. Since then I FOUND IT!!!!!!
      author unknown

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #19 on: Apr 24, 2020, 07:12 PM »
Who's declining???? I'm just getting started👍
Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

piscesman

« Reply #20 on: Apr 24, 2020, 07:14 PM »
Sorry should read, RECLING!!!!! d**n autocorrect..
      Kim
While searching for the meaning of life an older gentleman showed me how to fish. Since then I FOUND IT!!!!!!
      author unknown

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #21 on: Apr 24, 2020, 10:51 PM »
Nice RG!
I bought mine 11 years ago when my son was born. He has all his lifetime licenses too. That was just before they raised the prices and changed the doe permit fee.
My son is doing his online course now.
Yup , I did the same for my son and I

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #22 on: Apr 25, 2020, 06:11 AM »
I got mine 10/11 years ago for $50. Now I even get free MZ tag (was $5), but I have to go to Town Clerk to get it. Pick up copy of rule books while there...h2l

kc

« Reply #23 on: Apr 25, 2020, 07:29 AM »
I bought my lifetime license back in 1999 for 500.00. Then a couple of years later I bought a lifetime bow license for 125.00. I would say I have recouped my money. Still have a year and a half to go before I can get the free muzzleloader tag.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #24 on: Apr 25, 2020, 07:35 AM »
Been a lifer the year before they raised the price.   Everything except trapping.. 
 If you have to renew your driver's license you can have it printed right on there.  It will show any license you own on your driver's license..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #25 on: Apr 25, 2020, 08:47 AM »
I ordered the new driver's license too. It'll show everything.

Made use of it again this morning. Another nice batch of bluegills and a few bonus perch. Gotta clean fish when my Bride is done making peanut butter cookies......don't want to interrupt that.

Rg

Spider1

« Reply #26 on: Apr 25, 2020, 11:24 AM »
Gotta clean fish when my Bride is done making peanut butter cookies......don't want to interrupt that.

Rg

yep, a man's gotta have priorities! ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #27 on: Apr 25, 2020, 12:15 PM »
PB cookies and Bourbon. I have to say she makes the worlds best cookies. She's a very good baker.

Cleaned a whole lot of fish this morning. Nice to put some back in the freezer. Gonna pickle some perch in a few days, fish fry with my son tomorrow. And....I'll be back at it tomorrow morning.

Rg

kc

« Reply #28 on: Apr 26, 2020, 07:48 AM »
Been a lifer the year before they raised the price.   Everything except trapping.. 
 If you have to renew your driver's license you can have it printed right on there.  It will show any license you own on your driver's license..

Did that last year when my license needed renewing. Game warden was suprised when I pulled it out.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2020, 03:36 AM »
So, I got my new drivers license in the mail on Wednesday. I was excited until I noticed that it only showed the fishing icon and none of the other sportsman privileges. Sent a nice email to the DEC and got a reply yesterday that there was some glitch in their system where it only recognized my current fishing license.

They apologized and ordered me a new license. Not that I'm going hunting any time soon, but a good reply and fast service anyway.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.