FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Candlewood lake  (Read 4705 times)

fish4life

Candlewood lake
« on: Apr 26, 2020, 05:40 PM »
Does anybody know if the lake is open to launch a boat. Or is it open for residents only.  Thanks

lowaccord66

Re: Candlewood lake
« Reply #1 on: Apr 30, 2020, 01:26 PM »
Not sure about out of staters but I have had no issues launching in CT. I have seen out of state people launching at Bantam, Lilly, Zoar recently.

TT

« Reply #2 on: Apr 30, 2020, 02:30 PM »
If you are a nonresident you need to buy an invasive species stamp. $20 I think.

fish4life

« Reply #3 on: Apr 30, 2020, 03:13 PM »
Not sure about out of staters but I have had no issues launching in CT. I have seen out of state people launching at Bantam, Lilly, Zoar recently.
Thanks I really appreciate it. Hate to find out the hard way.  Tight lines.

fish4life

« Reply #4 on: Apr 30, 2020, 03:15 PM »
If you are a nonresident you need to buy an invasive species stamp. $20 I think.
 Is this new this year on the stamp. I've fished candlewood for many years. And this is the 1st I've heard of it.

lowaccord66

« Reply #5 on: Apr 30, 2020, 09:54 PM »
Thanks I really appreciate it. Hate to find out the hard way.  Tight lines.

Don't take my word for it if you are from out of state I have no idea what local enforcement may do.  I know I dislike most CT fishing venues in favor of NY lakes but haven't had the balls to bring my boat out of state, mass the executive order says only people with mass registrations can use the launches...its crazy out there. 

TT

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2020, 12:56 AM »
The invasive species stamp is new this year. The state added a $5 fee on all our boat registrations this year and nonresident need to purchase the stamp for fresh water use.

lowaccord66

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2020, 07:18 PM »
The invasive species stamp is new this year. The state added a $5 fee on all our boat registrations this year and nonresident need to purchase the stamp for fresh water use.

I love how they take the word "tax" and call it a "stamp".  F this state.

westernmas

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2020, 12:48 PM »
I love how they take the word "tax" and call it a "stamp".  F this state.

Even saw sign to have the "stamp" at Congamond if you fish the south pond.  I don't even think CT stocks Congamond (could be wrong) yet they want you to pay a $5 tax to fish a place that has a reciprocal license agreement.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2020, 06:39 PM »
Even saw sign to have the "stamp" at Congamond if you fish the south pond.  I don't even think CT stocks Congamond (could be wrong) yet they want you to pay a $5 tax to fish a place that has a reciprocal license agreement.

You think thats bad...wait until you see how they (state and federal) tax us to make up for corona.  Its gonna be insane.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.