FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wheatland 1 stolen fishing poles  (Read 2404 times)

waterlike

Wheatland 1 stolen fishing poles
« on: Jul 28, 2020, 09:07 AM »
Currently at Wheatland number one in my cat fishing spot with my daughter. We got here at about 4:00 yesterday and fished. Slept in the car to wake up in the morning and fish them more. Left my fishing poles about 20 yards away from my car, lines out of the water. Last night around 1:30 a.m. I heard a truck with gigantic lights stop and say ****censored word**** there's a car. They were there for about a minute around where my poles were and I didn't think anything of it. got out this morning and they were gone. If anybody knows these people please let me know. It only happened about 6 hours ago. Those were my only poles. They were also people out here bow fishing for carp with a boat with enough lights to fill a football stadium. Those were the kind of lights that were on the truck too. I don't think there's any reason for me to call the cops because they're not going to do anything for three fishing poles.

SLAYERFISH

Re: Wheatland 1 stolen fishing poles
« Reply #1 on: Jul 28, 2020, 09:19 AM »
F'ing Brutal!

waterlike

« Reply #2 on: Jul 28, 2020, 09:43 AM »
So brutal. Not only is our trip done but my long pole fishing might be done for the season since I don't have any more poles. At least I still have my ice gear :-) last year I was ice fishing by October 30th I hope it's the same this year

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #3 on: Jul 28, 2020, 09:52 AM »
Just terrible

appleye

« Reply #4 on: Jul 28, 2020, 09:56 AM »
Make a police / GF report. You never know what turns up. Also puts LE on alert to patrol the area more. If they've done it once their not going to stop. Still sucks!

sportsman234

« Reply #5 on: Jul 28, 2020, 10:21 AM »
Definitely report it cause they have probably done it before and will keep doing it until they get caught. At least you can provide some details for the G&F and police. Never know may get lucky and catch them. The Warden contact# is Rob Shipe, 307-379-2337

waterlike

« Reply #6 on: Jul 28, 2020, 11:06 AM »
I did file a report. The sheriff's office guy said they had a string of robberies around Glendo and Wheatland a year or two ago where they recovered 90% of the stuff. My poles weren't worth all that much, but in times like now they are hard to replace. I'm more concerned that seemed like those guys were out to do that exact thing. They had poaching type lights on their truck. Lit up the whole wooded area. It almost seems like they were connected to the boat that was out there with the football stadium lights for bowfishing. But maybe not. Next time I'll keep all my stuff right beside me

Badbrad2186

« Reply #7 on: Jul 29, 2020, 07:10 AM »
I did file a report. The sheriff's office guy said they had a string of robberies around Glendo and Wheatland a year or two ago where they recovered 90% of the stuff. My poles weren't worth all that much, but in times like now they are hard to replace. I'm more concerned that seemed like those guys were out to do that exact thing. They had poaching type lights on their truck. Lit up the whole wooded area. It almost seems like they were connected to the boat that was out there with the football stadium lights for bowfishing. But maybe not. Next time I'll keep all my stuff right beside me

Send me your address I'll mail ya some poles that need light work oil and some line for free.

waterlike

« Reply #8 on: Aug 02, 2020, 12:21 PM »
Send me your address I'll mail ya some poles that need light work oil and some line for free.

Thank you for the offer.  This forum and Iceshanty are full of good people.  I had a fishing buddy give me some extra poles the next day after he read this post, and a couple other people offer me some too.  Thank you guys.

Badbrad2186

« Reply #9 on: Aug 02, 2020, 07:39 PM »
Thank you for the offer.  This forum and Iceshanty are full of good people.  I had a fishing buddy give me some extra poles the next day after he read this post, and a couple other people offer me some too.  Thank you guys.

Its one thing if you left something behind or you forgot a pole and they where gone hopefully someone would still return them but to just take them well a dude is taking a quick nap is messed up and I always try to help fellow sportsman out anyway I can. Glad your back in action. I have 4 kids so I have about 30 poles cause when we go fishing have to bring 3 for each kid just so I can keep them going if one tangles up lol. Anyways glad someone stepped up and got you back fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.