FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Slipbob's 2004 Walleye Chronicles!  (Read 25712 times)

crappieman12887

Re: Slipbob's 2004 Walleye Chronicles!
« Reply #15 on: Jun 04, 2004, 10:21 PM »

It sure is comfortable on Jacks pontoon boat isn't it Bill. It's nice to be able to take a nap until Jack wakes you up when the fish start biting again. Hey wake up Slipbob your pole is bending.Are you familar with the Tie area. I've got to ask you a question if you are. Snag um GJ
very familars,spent alot of time up there fishing.bill

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #16 on: Jun 07, 2004, 03:49 PM »
try down by the dam on the northwest side outside of the moured boats. got a few, few years back in the dead of summer. Nice eyes from the "dead sea"
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

camo_fish

« Reply #17 on: Jun 07, 2004, 05:02 PM »
upstream from northville up around the bend when 30/8 runs back next to it there are a few streams that run into the res. and with the water HIGH all the banks are under water, trees, grass, etc. always see fish breaking out there when we drive be to and back from camp. Like you said the res. is a massive body of water. we can seat there talking about places to try but it only really counts when you get out there. Good luck and glad to hear of success on the 'dead sea'.  :D

crappieman12887

« Reply #18 on: Jun 09, 2004, 07:42 PM »
i see your doing it again june 5 ,if this heat keeps up i will not be work ,i will be fishing ,,nice fish bill

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #19 on: Jun 14, 2004, 01:12 PM »
Sweet man I love it ;D Makes me really hungry for some reason  ??? ;D Gonna have to try to get out for some perch REAL SOON!!!! Keep em coming  8)

camo_fish

« Reply #20 on: Jun 14, 2004, 02:33 PM »
 ;) MMMMMMMM  ;) slipbob you sure do get some good eaters. You have got to be a pro with that fillet knife too,  ;D  :P

camo_fish

« Reply #21 on: Jun 14, 2004, 05:14 PM »
Thanks sbob, I'll check that out. And wow that is fast  :D Yea, an eye is an eye, pigs are a great thing but 1 pig to 2 dozen small ones, I'll take the 24. To fish is to fish, even if they are small  ;D
Great stuff, man.

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #22 on: Jun 14, 2004, 09:49 PM »
great pictures and nice fish. Keep the pictures coming 8) 8)
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

Jigwiggler

« Reply #23 on: Jun 15, 2004, 09:00 AM »
Nice ones Slipbob!!!  I managed 6 keepers over the course of the weekend.  All 16- 17", nice eaters ;) .  Did see a few nicer fish caught includeing a 24 and 26"er but not on the end of my line.  I lost a really nice fish that was probably pushing 28" about 10' from the boat. :-\  No worries though, I know right where he's at for next time. ;D  Keep the pictures coming!
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #24 on: Jun 15, 2004, 01:07 PM »
No big ones yet this year I see. And tell me, Slipbob, you are not wasting all the walleye you are keeping are you? They better all have gone to a good cause and your cats do not count ;D

Otter

• Retired MFF Mod
  • The river is mine
« Reply #25 on: Jun 15, 2004, 06:45 PM »
They are delicious!  I still have some fillets waiting for me when I get back to Maryland.  They're in my Mom's freezer.  I gotta find a way to get them and all my deer meat down to Mississippi, perhaps dry ice.

I miss fishing for walleye dearly and will do it when I visit.  Good Job Slipbob!

wny angler

« Reply #26 on: Jun 16, 2004, 12:35 AM »
nice fish,  i see your still hammering the walleyes,must be nice to have a nearby lake with a large population of starving(good eatin size ) walleyes.
 i'd rather catch e'm that size myself ,the big ones 6-11 lbs realy don't put up much of a fight anyhow and don't taste all that good either

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #27 on: Jun 16, 2004, 04:45 AM »
WA eating a walleye over 4 lbs is a waste. These fish should be thrown back. I do however welcome the fight of a big walleye.
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #28 on: Jun 16, 2004, 01:51 PM »
Slipbob last winter ice fishing I found the same thing with almost all the walleye that i cleaned all but a few had anything in there stomach and 98% of them were males????? What is up with that?

jf5

« Reply #29 on: Jun 16, 2004, 02:39 PM »
I have cleaned walleyes from MA and VT and thye never have anything in them for food.  My ony guess is that I got them just as the feed started. But you would figure that one of them would have something in its stomach.

On a side note, Slibob, I notice that you are catching some on spoons.  Are you slow jiggin these things off of the bottom like I think you would?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.