FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: bigred's angling adventures (carp 1/2 [page 48])  (Read 113949 times)

devil-man

Re: bigredfishing's pictures
« Reply #15 on: Apr 07, 2005, 05:10 PM »
Nice pics, BigRed.
Man, those carp are ugly, but they do put up a fight...

matthewwood25

« Reply #16 on: Apr 07, 2005, 05:32 PM »
nice carp big red never seen those mirror carp before there a little weird.but good job i cant wait for the to break so i cant get some quality fishing in.

Original FISHER Jodoin

« Reply #17 on: Apr 08, 2005, 05:32 PM »
nice fish! ;D
GIT _ R _ DONE

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #18 on: Apr 08, 2005, 07:24 PM »
got out again today for some trout. Went to one of my little out-of-the way places that usually gets stocked later in the year, and fortunately it had not yet been stocked, so it was all hold-overs - which is the way i like it!
Ended up with 4 trout for myself, with the largest being a 13" rainbow trout.  My friend Jon also got 4 trout, all browns.

they're still quite pale from the long winter, as this pic was taken withing seconds of these two being landed

you can't really tell in this picture, but the browns had blue halo's around their red spots (very reminscent of brookies)

the meat sure had some color to it.

typical early season feeding binge - all the fish were stuffed to the brim with worms, caddis larvae, crayfish, and even salamanders

my buddy Jon was able to sneak up on this very large deer that we spooked out of bed (notice it is looking at me, while Jon crept into bow range for the picture)

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
Very nice pictures, trouties and deer. WTG bud.  :clapping: :thumbup_smilie:
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

shrub

• It Aint Easy Being Fat and Greasy
nice pics big red, how did those trout taste?
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

Mikepike

Daily updates! HOLY! Already 2 more updates i wish i had some open water to fish at  :'( nice trout bet they tasted awesome! First trout since before your allergy came out? I bet it will taste great.

Just waiting for the backcountry laker trip

bigredfishing

well i cooked some up, and it was amazing. simply amazing.  Yes mikepike, first trout since the allergy, and i lightly panfried it with a flour/garlic coating, and had it with some potatoes. it was just that good. 

dwaytkus

• Hudson Falls, NY
Nice trout Lance. 
Oh Lord,
There he is.
Feels like a big one.
Please don’t let me lose him.
I’ve never caught one this big before.
I’ll try not to horse him.
And if I land him I promise to release him
And make a graphite replica...
If my wife says it’s okay.
Thank you for the Rapalas.
Amen.

TroutFishingBear

Re: bigred's angling adventures - Check daily for updates.
« Reply #24 on: Apr 08, 2005, 10:58 PM »
Gotta love trout! That's wierd how you said the trout are still pale from winter, around here they get darker during winter, black, purple, green, etc. Ours lighten up as the water warms. I guess it is just the different areas again. How did you figure out your allergy had left you?

devil-man

« Reply #25 on: Apr 09, 2005, 03:05 AM »
You're putting us all to shame, BigRed. Nice job, as always...
Are you going to let us catch up?  :clapping:

I would like to see a better pic of the blue halos you mentioned.

shrub

• It Aint Easy Being Fat and Greasy
well i cooked some up, and it was amazing. simply amazing.  Yes mikepike, first trout since the allergy, and i lightly panfried it with a flour/garlic coating, and had it with some potatoes. it was just that good. 

mmmm. got trout ;D
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #27 on: Apr 09, 2005, 08:49 AM »
great pics and great thread lance . i caught some carp when i was a teen with some family members in tompkins county NY werent much bigger than yours but fought like mad on light tackle. hope to get out soon
Scotty 

Bartman44

« Reply #28 on: Apr 09, 2005, 08:53 AM »
Nice trout Lance.

I like your "check daily" remark - to be young and free and fish every day, doesn't get any better than that.  ;D

I'm actually breaking out from responsibility this afternoon for some stream action myself - finally.

bigredfishing

« Reply #29 on: Apr 09, 2005, 08:56 AM »
Gotta love trout! That's wierd how you said the trout are still pale from winter, around here they get darker during winter, black, purple, green, etc. Ours lighten up as the water warms. I guess it is just the different areas again. How did you figure out your allergy had left you?

I think it has alot to do with the fact that our fish get quite stressed during the winter - they dont have alot to eat during the winter, and then they have to contend with our early spring floodwaters. (that rainbow was even missing a big patch of scales)

In terms of the allergy, i have no idea what happend with it, just that it is now gone ;D

I would like to see a better pic of the blue halos you mentioned.

i cropped those photos i had, and those halos just werent visible. If i get a chance to re-visit that creek, i'm going to get some pics of those colors right at the streambank.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.