FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bassin with slipbob!!! (Updated July 1st action page 3)  (Read 4908 times)

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
I've been thinking about it, the man gets a 17' Lund, now he's bass fishing...whats next?  Is he going to start Catfishing now?   :P

devil-man

Is he going to start Catfishing now? 

You never know these days...  ::)

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
 :rotflol: :rotflol: very nice fish, looks like that new boat thing, open that much more fishing for someone.  ;) think thing ya know there's pike, bass, crappie, gills, walleye, catfish, and anything and everything going in the boat.  ;)  :clapping: :thumbup_smilie: :w00t: great pictures, WTG. keep'em coming.
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Bartman44

Nice going SB.  You're getting some use out of the new canoe I see.

I say fish for everything. All fish have their place. I prefer trout but when I can't go for them I'll fish for variety.  There's always something biting, fishing is fun, and you actually can learn a lot about your favorite fish by experimenting with other fish.

Some of my favorite trout lures are bass lures and it's great flyfishing for bass.   

I do prefer the eye as tablefare ;)

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
Wow, Slipbob is BASS fishing!  :o  Nice job man, must have been weird fishing an area like that after so long, eh?  It's just plain FUN and that's what's important!  ;)

-Zach

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
I don't like to fish senkos the same way I would fish a sluggo.  I take it that you're fishing them like a jerkbait.  Try wacky rigging a senko.  Basically, if you don't know, you just stick your hook through the center of the senko...the action is AWESOME!

These are my personal favorite hooks when wacky rigging:

Gamakatsu Finesse Wide Gap (Red)....go with a 2/0  ;)

You fish them by casting out and just letting it fall to the bottom.  Watch your line!  A lot of the time the senko will hit the water and sink for a couple seconds and will all of a sudden just straighten out...fish on!  I'll bet that 90% of the fish I catch on Senkos are hit on the initial drop.  The these fish may have never seen a senko either... so you should have some FUN!  ;D  Hey, if you ever want to get out and do some bass fishing with a real bass fanatic, let me know.  ;D I'd like to be one of the few to say I've bass fished with Slipbob!  :D

-Zach

Kyle

I don't like to fish senkos the same way I would fish a sluggo.  I take it that you're fishing them like a jerkbait.  Try wacky rigging a senko.  Basically, if you don't know, you just stick your hook through the center of the senko...the action is AWESOME!

These are my personal favorite hooks when wacky rigging:

Gamakatsu Finesse Wide Gap (Red)....go with a 2/0  ;)

You fish them by casting out and just letting it fall to the bottom.  Watch your line!  A lot of the time the senko will hit the water and sink for a couple seconds and will all of a sudden just straighten out...fish on!  I'll bet that 90% of the fish I catch on Senkos are hit on the initial drop.  The these fish may have never seen a senko either... so you should have some FUN!  ;D  Hey, if you ever want to get out and do some bass fishing with a real bass fanatic, let me know.  ;D I'd like to be one of the few to say I've bass fished with Slipbob!  :D

-Zach

or get the flyrod out and go for trout  ;D

thems fightin words  :D :D

BAZOOKAJOE

Wow, Slipbob is BASS fishing!  :o  Nice job man, must have been weird fishing an area like that after so long, eh?  It's just plain FUN and that's what's important!  ;)

-Zach

Zach's back!!  Where you been hiding...probably being Zach-a-mo!!   :D 

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
LOL Well, I've been working 40-50 hours a week and haven't had a ton of time to post.  Also, my digital camera broke  :'( so I haven't been able to post any pics of the fish I've been catching.  I'm actually getting sick of catching bass...I'm dying to get some walleyes or something I've never caught before, like catfish.

-Zach

Hookset

Holy Crapolicious! Slipbob bass fishing???!!!  Is this the beginning of Armageddon?

Nice fish, gotta love the fatties.
We don't own the Earth, the Earth owns us.
US ARMY Veteran: A Battery 6/32 FA, MLRS

Bartman44

Re: Bassin with slipbob!!! (Updated July 1st action page 3)
« Reply #25 on: Jul 02, 2006, 11:20 AM »
Nice one's SB. I (try) to wait as sec before I set as I used to set too quickly and loose a bunch. Sometimes you just can't help it.

Party for me today but should be on the water with the boys tomorrow and Tuesday.

wny angler

« Reply #26 on: Jul 04, 2006, 12:56 PM »
looks like fun.
i got to try some of that topwater bass fishin.
  what happened  to all the tasty walleye? cant eat those bass  :sick:

Deposit

« Reply #27 on: Jul 05, 2006, 02:48 PM »
Some nice bass there, keep the pictures comming

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
« Reply #28 on: Jul 05, 2006, 03:15 PM »
Awesome pics, Slipbob. 

You could steal a trick from those tweedy, pipe-smoking, British fly fisherman.  They say "God Save the Queen," between the strike and the hookset.

I'm more the dirty t-shirt and Skoal type of fly fisherman, but it does help to talk to myself before I set the hook when fishing on top..  I've changed it to "Get me a beer."  It's a forced pause that really works. 8)
I'm not kidding.  Try it and you'll see.
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.