FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD  (Read 293535 times)

Breamin

Re: Oneida lake diehards thread
« Reply #30 on: Mar 24, 2009, 05:57 PM »
Gotta love Oneida, what a gem of a fishery :flag:

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #31 on: Mar 24, 2009, 06:10 PM »
Just like alot of you guys, I've been fishing Oneida for many years. You have to agree that the fishery is absolutely fantastic. It's hard to justify the trip to Canada, Seneca, or anyplace else with Oneida Lake just a few miles from the house. You can fish and catch walleyes just about any way you want to, and the perch through the ice were absolutely huge this year. I used to have a goal to fish Devil's Lake, North Dakota for perch and walleye ... makes no sense to me anymore.

Flooner

« Reply #32 on: Mar 24, 2009, 07:03 PM »
Just like alot of you guys, I've been fishing Oneida for many years. You have to agree that the fishery is absolutely fantastic. It's hard to justify the trip to Canada, Seneca, or anyplace else with Oneida Lake just a few miles from the house. You can fish and catch walleyes just about any way you want to, and the perch through the ice were absolutely huge this year. I used to have a goal to fish Devil's Lake, North Dakota for perch and walleye ... makes no sense to me anymore.

Pretty new to Oneida. Between the 3 or 4 times I got out in the boat last fall and the 8 or ten times I got out on the ice I caught more pickerel than everything else combined. Been pretty much at the islands or west. Do I need to move farther east?

slamboney

• hook em so hard they go cross eyed!!
« Reply #33 on: Mar 24, 2009, 07:56 PM »

Pretty new to Oneida. Between the 3 or 4 times I got out in the boat last fall and the 8 or ten times I got out on the ice I caught more pickerel than everything else combined. Been pretty much at the islands or west. Do I need to move farther east?
As far as ice fishing, try fishing east of the islands and start at around 20 ft and then go deeper. Only time I fish shallower is in March when the perch start moving into pre-spawn.

shut up and fish

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #34 on: Mar 24, 2009, 09:20 PM »
Hey Slamboney where you been? You ready for some driving rain and wind in May! I know I can't wait to beat up on some eyes. Can't believe we got cheated out of late ice and those pre-spawn jumbo's! See you in May, I'll be that guy in black, Over there!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

cnypanfisher

« Reply #35 on: Mar 24, 2009, 10:02 PM »
Hey Slamboney where you been? You ready for some driving rain and wind in May! I know I can't wait to beat up on some eyes. Can't believe we got cheated out of late ice and those pre-spawn jumbo's! See you in May, I'll be that guy in black, Over there!
We need a good 50mph wind to get that gadam ice of the lake now, it is just lingering, last year we were in boats the same weekend. Or maybe i'm just getting anxious, but the lift is ready for the little boat. Bucketass you out there?? You been to that spot we went last year over there in Phoenix at all??

Ah well, plenty of fishing to do this year, have to make up for the punishment I got last winter on the ice.

cny

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #36 on: Mar 24, 2009, 10:18 PM »
Hey nice to hear from ya CNY. I think your getting anxious, my last day on the ice last year was the 28th and there was still 12 inches off of North Bay. I agree we got cheated this year. Cold robbed us of at least two weeks of open water eyes last November and now It won't warm up already! Last year once the ice left, went straight into the 70's & 80's. Don't need that either! I'm expecting a PM soon!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Spikehorn11

« Reply #37 on: Mar 24, 2009, 10:47 PM »
We need a good 50mph wind to get that gadam ice of the lake now, it is just lingering, last year we were in boats the same weekend. Or maybe i'm just getting anxious, but the lift is ready for the little boat. Bucketass you out there?? You been to that spot we went last year over there in Phoenix at all??

Ah well, plenty of fishing to do this year, have to make up for the punishment I got last winter on the ice.

cny

Dinks. If we are talking about the same spot. But your right we have a score to settle. All that good ice and little to show for it.

Jim P

• Lake Ontario 8/2008
« Reply #38 on: Mar 24, 2009, 11:30 PM »
Love fishing Oneida, grew up fishing it. I get back to fish with my step-dad every year for a week. I love walleye fishing. My step-dad lives right on the lake and has fished it for his whole life. It's a small world some of you probably know him. He's out on the lake almost everyday on the sylvan beach end.

Here's to a good year!

fishaddict73

« Reply #39 on: Mar 25, 2009, 06:40 AM »
Whats up every1. Openin this thread 2 keep in touch with all u oneida lake guys this softwater season. Almost time 4 bullhead and crappie. Cant wait 4 the opener 4 the walleyes!!! Any of u been fishin oneida lately. I havent wet a line since the last day of walleye!

Deadeyez
hey deadeyez... finally got off the ice. now its time for the great "open".  Hope I am welcome on this thread as I just came over from "shanty".  Been gettin numbers at Lock 23 but not like the hogs we got through the ice.  might try Phoenix today.
Goin' ta get' em!!

fishaddict73

« Reply #40 on: Mar 25, 2009, 06:44 AM »

cny
Hey cnypan, when was your last day on the hard?  I hadnt seen you or bhummer for a while . maybe I was just missing yous.   By the way, I was the only crazy black guy way out there with the bright yellow jacket if you remember
Goin' ta get' em!!

fishaddict73

« Reply #41 on: Mar 25, 2009, 06:51 AM »
Love fishing Oneida, grew up fishing it. I get back to fish with my step-dad every year for a week. I love walleye fishing. My step-dad lives right on the lake and has fished it for his whole life. It's a small world some of you probably know him. He's out on the lake almost everyday on the sylvan beach end.

Here's to a good year!
post #3
Goin' ta get' em!!

fishaddict73

« Reply #42 on: Mar 25, 2009, 06:51 AM »

Here's to a good year!
post#4
Goin' ta get' em!!

fishaddict73

« Reply #43 on: Mar 25, 2009, 06:52 AM »

Here's to a good year!
post#5.... Sorry Jim ::)
Goin' ta get' em!!

Jim P

• Lake Ontario 8/2008
« Reply #44 on: Mar 25, 2009, 09:32 AM »
Glad to help out... ;D ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.