FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2010 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread  (Read 716564 times)

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
Re: 2010 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #5685 on: Jan 03, 2011, 06:51 PM »
By.. then we should be catching crappies and perch on the boat !!
Yeah but Zippy will be with us!!! lol   :thumbup_smilie: :clapping:
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

esox v

« Reply #5686 on: Jan 03, 2011, 07:00 PM »
either way boys keep after the chrome because that is what you guys do. i will see you in late march when the ice is not safe or i fall in or both ??? :-* ;D ;D ;D
 HT you got to go out with us..I need someone to drink beer with !! Franks driving so he can't ;D ;D And we need an extra set of hands to push us out of the snow when we get stuck !! You could have bare witness on Sunday to a numbscull... hooking a steelhead on the pin.. out of franks car window.... :cookoo: :cookoo:
  Dude.. I'm liking running the video camera... so we we can throw down some serious fish slaying action on video mid February... long as I remember not to record in 1080p because we can't use it !! :cursing: :cursing:
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

esox v

« Reply #5687 on: Jan 03, 2011, 07:07 PM »
Yeah but Zippy will be with us!!! lol   :thumbup_smilie: :clapping:
Man !! I don't know who's in bigger trouble the crappies... or us !! I got a funny feeling we'll have lots of funny stories to tell next year !!   

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #5688 on: Jan 03, 2011, 08:13 PM »
Fish this weekend was steady and worth the time. 52degs on Saturday!!! Come on, you can't beat that!! even if you don't catch a fish!! ;D The runoff was COLD..32.9degs. Fish have to feed.. Now the water needs to go up to 750cfs would make things interesting... :laugh: :-* Between the three of us. 16 fish hooked. Ten fish landed....
No matter if you stand in or walk on water.. Have fun ya Goons!!! :thumbup_smilie:

Good job Frank, guys here didn't do as well on the weekend, my week day guys smoked them downtown , but the weekend's colder waters screwed the bite up, plus crowds from the warm weather / holiday weekend... been sick and ice fishin so I'll start a new thread Wednesday for 2011... hope everyone fishin the River is having fun , I got waldo's to kill through the Ice, hook one for me!!!  Take care and happy New Year guys!! ;D

Heres what I have been doing all last week, getting ready to do it again tomorrow!!!

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

ErnyeJSES

« Reply #5689 on: Jan 04, 2011, 06:23 AM »
Fished in pulaski for a few hours yesterday before going up to altmar. Parked at the eye of the needle and walked up past the ball park...couldnt get anything to give me a dunk. Went up to altmar fished the barrel and then walked down to the wires with no luck..but around 430 everyone left the river so I moved up to the completely empty schoolhouse and picked up a couple fish in no time. It was a rare site to see with no one on the river...but I wasnt complaining. Last fish of the day was the biggest, a fat 28" buck...took me down and across the tailout of that pool 3 times before I could get him onto the bank. I'll put up some pictures later today.

ErnyeJSES

« Reply #5690 on: Jan 04, 2011, 08:22 AM »
Nice buck from yesterday

couple browns from last week

and the trophy fish...

fishhooker

« Reply #5691 on: Jan 04, 2011, 10:22 AM »
Salmon River in this months Fly Fisherman magazine. A few locals in a couple pics. Not a bad article. I did laugh when I read the part about the DSR's prices being "Worth it".
Enjoy outdoor literature? Check out my blog here: www.artrafus.blogspot.com

esox v

« Reply #5692 on: Jan 04, 2011, 12:14 PM »
Fished in pulaski for a few hours yesterday before going up to altmar. Parked at the eye of the needle and walked up past the ball park...couldnt get anything to give me a dunk. Went up to altmar fished the barrel and then walked down to the wires with no luck..but around 430 everyone left the river so I moved up to the completely empty schoolhouse and picked up a couple fish in no time. It was a rare site to see with no one on the river...but I wasnt complaining. Last fish of the day was the biggest, a fat 28" buck...took me down and across the tailout of that pool 3 times before I could get him onto the bank. I'll put up some pictures later today.
Did almost the exact same thing 2 weeks ago..

WaynefromMaine

• Life is Great
« Reply #5693 on: Jan 04, 2011, 01:27 PM »
   Ern,   Did you save the salmon for gamma??  He's got to be tired of eating that crow meat.  Be a nice guy and give him that chromer.

ErnyeJSES

« Reply #5694 on: Jan 04, 2011, 05:33 PM »
haha...no way that thing is in the smoker as we speak   ;) :-X

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #5695 on: Jan 04, 2011, 10:02 PM »

Nice job Erney, last light, I love it on the ice...nothing like it when everyone else packs up and leaves and you stick it out the extra 30 minutes!!! Great Job!!!! ;D   Sometimes it will make or break a fishing trip!!!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Dontknowfish

« Reply #5696 on: Jan 30, 2011, 11:05 AM »
Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend. ~ Zenna Scha
"The American flag does not fly because the wind moves past it. The American flag flies from the last breath of each Soldier, Sailor, Airman and Marine who has died protecting it. "... author unknown

bunker killer

« Reply #5697 on: Feb 27, 2011, 06:07 PM »
This was not a fight ( it was an assault on one man by a group of thugs ) Bill Murry the 62 year old victum was beatin , kicked , choked & held underwater to the point he thought he was going to die. So lets get this clear , it was not a fight , it was a brutal attack & these thugs should of been arrested by now. It seems to me that the D.E.C. or State Police do not have there facts straight, Bill was released from Upstate Medical University & re-admitted to the V.A. hospital. As of today , 4 days have passed & still no arrests have been made. The thugs were not fishing, only Bill Murray was. They were hiding in the woods waiting for there pre-meditated attack. I keep hearing about  an alleged tire slashing. Well you don't have to be a brain surgeon to figure this out. First of all I know Bill Murray for years , he's an honest, caring, loving husband, father & grandfather. He's a War veteran who loves his country & his fellow man, loves to fish & enjoys the outdoors & life more than anyone I know. Most of all he does'nt have any time for the Mahoney brothers & the rest of the thugs before or now, he just wants to be left alone. They threatened his life & threatened to burn down his house  if he told the police who they were, well they know who they are & we're waiting for the police to do there job. Why are the Police so apprehensive, ( in the case of a fishing violation the fisherman is taken directly to the JUDGE ) Tell me what's wrong with this picture. Please contact your Senator , Congressman or any local representative of Government that may help Bill receive JUSTICE.       THE  MAYOR
Did I here that the scum who did this to Bill are going to finally be standing in front of a judge tomarrow? I hope they get the book thrown at them!

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #5698 on: Feb 28, 2011, 09:27 PM »
yes trial was today, does anyne know what happened?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.