FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084024 times)

BAZOOKAJOE

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #15 on: Jan 10, 2011, 02:04 PM »
Hit a spot mid-river Sat and Sun.  Saw a fellow pinner walking out as i walked in (about 11 am Sat).  He went blank.  The sun started getting hot after about an hour and melted all the slush.  Man i was getting hot, had to take my jacket and gloves off.  Even ended up with an ice fishermans tan on the face.  I ended up hitting a hot chromer on the retrieve.  That one found a weak spot in my shot line after a couple minutes (12 lbs test).  Was thinking the night before i should change it since it was getting old (go figure).  Hit another nice chromer that spit the hook, an hour later.  Sunday was a bust.  Me and a buddy pounded the same holes from 9 till noon, nada.

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #16 on: Jan 10, 2011, 02:46 PM »
I don't start until noon...lol.. ;D On Sundays the later the better less people and you can fish more water.
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #18 on: Jan 10, 2011, 04:54 PM »
Thanks Bud!! Tell dad to get ya a centerpin setup from the fishing dealer!  ;)
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

fishermantim4

« Reply #19 on: Jan 10, 2011, 09:21 PM »
we headed up to the river on friday for the first time the three in our group. started fishin in the barrel hole around 11, i hook and landed a small fish. we moved down river to a spot between the school house wires and the 'wires' i think.  i ended up going 3 for 6 in the hole/run, the big fish of the day was close to thirty inches, my one buddy went two for two on 18- 20 inch fish. for the first afternoon we hit is just right, the group going 6 for 9.
on saturday we got out a little before sunrise and couldnt fish where we left the fish the afternoon before, so ended up walking down river to where there was a beaver dam above a a rapid that split around an island, not sure where we were, i hook into one fish and lost it.  we moved down river to the hole i believe which is just above ellis cove, could see the corner near the road. we didnt do anything low in the hole, few drift boats did good at the top of the hole.  We then headed back up river to our spot we caught fish, there i ende up hooking two and landing one that was a legal fish, my buddy that met us on the river landed a 22 inch brown, this guy was also the one that had his clothes hanging in trees all over the area we were fishing in trying to dry out a bit from taking a bit of a chilly plunge in the river, and my buddy that came up with me landed his first steelhead ever that was about 26 inches.
on sunday was our slowest day, we tried to get to the bridge hole first before anyone else, we didnt there was a spey fisherman there first, but he let us fish with him, one buddy caught a small fish fishing the narrow run the drift boats first float down in, and we then moved down river to the pineville area and didnt hook any steelhead, i hook about a one pound sucker and broke my brand new raven, that was a shot in the foot (gander mt recieved that from me when we got back in town and my  new one will be here in a couple weeks). we left pineville and headed back to the hole we found with fish in it, here we only managed to land only one small fish. 
monday we only fished for a few hours in the morning before heading home, we fished the hole we caught all the previous fish in, my buddy that caught his first steelhead on saturday was the only one to hook into anything, he lost both fish that looked rather large

all three of us had a blast, we were already talking about our next possible trip up  again, might see us in april for some drop back fishing

Thanks again shane we had a blast
ill get the pictures from my buddies phone and camera later
"there's no fish in this ditch!"

KingPerch Jr.

« Reply #20 on: Jan 11, 2011, 03:13 PM »
Thanks Bud!! Tell dad to get ya a centerpin setup from the fishing dealer!  ;)
Wanted to try one of those centerpins so bad!!! But first I gotta get down the Fly rod first before i get set up witha Center pin!!!
Red Sox!

GetBent

« Reply #21 on: Jan 11, 2011, 04:11 PM »
Happy new year fishing mainacs! Hope to see you all on the ice. ;D ; :afro: ;D

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #22 on: Jan 11, 2011, 04:56 PM »
Wanted to try one of those centerpins so bad!!! But first I gotta get down the Fly rod first before i get set up witha Center pin!!!
Get the casting down your fine.. If you can catch sunfish on a bober you can catch Steelies!! ::)

esox v

« Reply #23 on: Jan 11, 2011, 07:40 PM »
Franks right JR...And a bunch of us.. Myself included... would be happy to show you the ropes... on any given weekend.. and have an extra combo you could use for the day. I would wait till it warms up a bit and the steelhead are a bit more active. You'll get it real quick and then it's FISH ON !! Sometimes it's so simple it's silly !!
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #24 on: Jan 11, 2011, 08:15 PM »
real men ice fish this time of yr :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: esox you going up to canada to show us how to catch northerns or what? ive never caught a big one, just skinny ones

Dr. IceGeek

« Reply #25 on: Jan 11, 2011, 08:19 PM »
Glad you had a good trip Tim....sorry we weren't able to hook up, but I had clients that wanted to fish....

esox v

« Reply #26 on: Jan 11, 2011, 09:33 PM »
real men ice fish this time of yr :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: esox you going up to canada to show us how to catch northerns or what? ive never caught a big one, just skinny ones
Well... I guess I'm on stand by For the Canada trip.. I'm in for big northerns if someone bails.. You don't need to go to Canada to get Big northerns... I'll take you out and show you what I mean this May.. I hope to be fishing a secret open water spot for big northerns and bonus trout next week...I got to cast man !! got to cast !! 
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

Fetzer

« Reply #27 on: Jan 12, 2011, 09:28 AM »
Has anyone been up to take a look at the Rez lately? I'm just curious about the level. It's been flowin 750/500 for quite some time time now.
POW.....right in the kisser

KingPerch Jr.

« Reply #28 on: Jan 12, 2011, 01:50 PM »
Franks right JR...And a bunch of us.. Myself included... would be happy to show you the ropes... on any given weekend.. and have an extra combo you could use for the day. I would wait till it warms up a bit and the steelhead are a bit more active. You'll get it real quick and then it's FISH ON !! Sometimes it's so simple it's silly !!
Thanks Guys!!! I waiting to use my "SICK DAYS" COUGH COUGH for Taking days off and going fishing with you guys!!
Red Sox!

GetBent

« Reply #29 on: Jan 12, 2011, 03:52 PM »
Snagger how's the ice? Will you be on it this weekend? Coming up so i'll need a room. Should be there friday night. Thanks Chumly.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.