FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Good to be Back  (Read 889 times)

bogtrotter

Good to be Back
« on: Jul 12, 2019, 03:17 PM »
Just got back last nigh tfrom a four day vacation trip with thewife and two youngest kids to southern CT (Bridgeport/New Haven area).

It was fun, but it's a relief to be back home.

This being one of my remaining vacation days, my younger son and I fished in Pittsfield late this AM/early this PM.

It was sunny, blue skies and 80 degrees.

We started on the NW Housatonic along Waconah Street, and landed a mix of small perch, sunfish and bass both above and below the dam. We also caught one decent sized rock bass below the dam as well as one decent sized perch above it. In addition, we saw some big carp, but could not entice them to bite.

Next, it was on to the W Housatonic, where I caught one 11" and two 12" rainbows j(plus one small dace and a few small perch) just above Clapp Park.

Finally, we gave Silver Lake a try.

Interestingly, there were three young guys who had been contracted by the non-profit that runs the Lake to clear out the water chestnuts infesting the small pond just across the street from Silver Lake (and connected to it b a pipe that runs under the road). They claimed there are some good-sized in the Lake itself.

We fished Silver Lake for awhile, and landed a mix of sunfish, some small perch and one small bass.

Nothing exciting, but a pleasant day on the water.

icefisher47

Re: Good to be Back
« Reply #1 on: Jul 12, 2019, 11:39 PM »
Sounds like it was a great trip. Nice to see a father taking his kids fishing.
Take a kid fishing

lowaccord66

« Reply #2 on: Jul 13, 2019, 07:26 AM »
Way to go Jim.  Last time I was in Bridgeport we were netting bunker in BlackRock Harbor while a few streets over a gun battle ensued!

bogtrotter

« Reply #3 on: Jul 13, 2019, 07:04 PM »
Way to go Jim.  Last time I was in Bridgeport we were netting bunker in BlackRock Harbor while a few streets over a gun battle ensued!

Yeah, that sounds right, more or less.

I think we stopped and visited Black Rock Harbor (a/k/a Nathan Hale Park).  The park itself seemed pretty nice, but some of the surrounding neighborhoods looked a little sketchy, although I would not have expected gun battles to erupt

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.