FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Snuck in One  (Read 701 times)

bogtrotter

Snuck in One
« on: Oct 04, 2019, 08:09 PM »
I managed to squeeze in a half hour of fishing on the South Hoosick before supper this evening.

Mostly sunny and crisp (low 50's). 

As one might expect, given the rain we've had the past couple days, the stream levels were a bit higher than the last few times I've been out.

Oddly, though, there didn't seem to be as many leaves floating in the current - - although there were a fair number along the bottom of the stream bed.

Apropos of the Fall Foliage Parade in North Adams this Sunday, the trees are turning color nicely - - and this should be a good season for the leaf peepers.

I started below the Cheshire Harbor dam, and beached a skinny 11" rainbow and a couple small (7") dace.

Then, after driving to Mullen Mayflower, I fished downstream from there to the footbridge below the Burnett Bednarz bridge, and came across another small fish (a brookie perhaps?) in a run just above the footbridge, but was unable to land whatever it was.

Tomorrow, I'm planning to give the Housatonic (East and West branches)  in Pittsfield/Dalton a try.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.