FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Trolling Sebago!! Caught over 30 Lake Trout. UPDATE with Part 3.  (Read 4844 times)

PIKE FISHERMAN

• Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based fishing.
Re: Trolling Sebago!! Caught over 30 Lake Trout.
« Reply #15 on: Oct 21, 2020, 11:25 AM »
will be planting a few dozen this weekend and next in the garden. thought last year it would be a problem with the dogs and raccoons digging them up but had no problems at all. there was supposed to be collection boxes to feed injured raptors but with the covid im betting that never really materialized, maybe glen knows more on that
I heard there was some sort of collection program, but that’s all I know. And I did a compost/fertilizer one year with fish a bunch of fish carcasses. Put them in a 55 gallon drum, with about 1/2 a barrel of organic compost. Rolled it every month or so during the spring summer and fall. Best fertilizer I’ve ever used!! 
Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

stguy

« Reply #16 on: Oct 21, 2020, 11:48 AM »
will be planting a few dozen this weekend and next in the garden. thought last year it would be a problem with the dogs and raccoons digging them up but had no problems at all. there was supposed to be collection boxes to feed injured raptors but with the covid im betting that never really materialized, maybe glen knows more on that

Yup, got coviderated...turned out to be a lot of logistics involved and it lost steam, and then covid hit.

I keep forgeting to tell you, I took your buddy Paul Dubriske out fishing last week, now I know what your jiggers are you talk about, pretty slick rigs.

Smallmouth Squarepants

« Reply #17 on: Oct 21, 2020, 11:55 AM »
You should try and make it at some point. As close to Great Lakes fishing as it gets here in Maine. And I’ll be hitting it in my kayak at some point!!
Maybe once I get more than a trolling motor on her or throw some outriggers on. The wind and waves are not that square stern's best friends!

joefishmore

« Reply #18 on: Oct 21, 2020, 02:03 PM »
I’ve been hooked on it since I ice fished it

Won't be any left for icefishing

PIKE FISHERMAN

« Reply #19 on: Oct 21, 2020, 05:29 PM »
Won't be any left for icefishing
There will be plenty ;D ;D
Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

seamonkey84

« Reply #20 on: Oct 21, 2020, 08:40 PM »
now I know what your jiggers are you talk about, pretty slick rigs.
Is that why you asked if I had the panoptix ice package lol. Even before I got that, when I just had a lowrance ice package, I still wouldn’t go without it and my jig rods. the traps can usually stay at home for all I care Lol.  For open water, If you can line it up or stay stationary, it’s still nice to make a cast or drop and sees the action. Or use it to scan while trolling.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

lowaccord66

« Reply #21 on: Oct 22, 2020, 05:40 AM »
I’d love to sometime!! I’d love to vertical jig some

Champlain...get some hogs there.  3oz jigs 7-10" plastics like this:

Always wanted to hit Sebago but its a long ride.

lowaccord66

« Reply #22 on: Oct 22, 2020, 05:43 AM »
Is that why you asked if I had the panoptix ice package lol. Even before I got that, when I just had a lowrance ice package, I still wouldn’t go without it and my jig rods. the traps can usually stay at home for all I care Lol.  For open water, If you can line it up or stay stationary, it’s still nice to make a cast or drop and sees the action. Or use it to scan while trolling.

For lakers I never use traps...all jigging.  I moved my ps22 panoptix to the boat.  This year for ice I am rocking 93sv plus livescope ice bundle.  Can't wait to run it.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #23 on: Oct 22, 2020, 07:58 AM »
This year for ice I am rocking 93sv plus livescope ice bundle

Oh man, that is going to be unfreaking real for the ice.

PIKE FISHERMAN

« Reply #24 on: Oct 22, 2020, 04:38 PM »

Champlain...get some hogs there.  3oz jigs 7-10" plastics like this:

Always wanted to hit Sebago but its a long ride.
Nice. Guess ill have to get some bigger jig molds. My biggest is 1 oz!!!

lowaccord66

« Reply #25 on: Oct 22, 2020, 07:10 PM »
Nice. Guess ill have to get some bigger jig molds. My biggest is 1 oz!!!

May not need them locally josh but on champ the currents get narly and there's only so much cone to keep the jig in.  I wasn't sure if they'd eat a bait I use to jig stripers but I stuck with it and man....they smoke that over and over until the tail was gone and kept eating it.

joefishmore

How deep will the panoptex work ?

lowaccord66

How deep will the panoptex work ?

I've had no issues in water up to 110ft.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.