FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Jiggerman's open water excursions (walleye, trout, bass, catfish, crayfish pg3)  (Read 5940 times)

AD

• Born to fish
Kids sure do get a hoot out of tossing some feed to trout like that.      Its a blast for sure.     Nice Rainbow too.   
A bad day of fishing still beats a good day of working
If a man fishes hard, what is he going to do easy?
You can't catch a fish on a dry line
the greatest fishing secret ever? patience.

Deposit

You got some nice Kitty pics there, Great pics with the kids and the trout...Keep 'em comming :D

JiggerMan

• Man do I love Fishing
These pics are from memorial day weekend at lake Mead here in Pa.  My uncle bob took us out fishing at the lake he lives on.  The day was awesome.  we caught probably around 100 fish total for the day and caught a variety of fish as well.  I personally caught 6 different kinds of fish that day.  I caught crappie, perch, bass, walleye, bluegills, pumpkinseeds, all on the same lure (a green 2 inch tube bait).  The crappies were all nice chunky slabs.  we really did not catch any small ones.  all crappies were 10 inches or better. 

Here are a bunch of the pics from the day. 

Here is me with a crappie. 

here is me with a nice bass that was 16.5 inches.  I dont know why fish dont look as big as they are when hold then.

Here is my uncle bob with his biggest bass of the day.  i think it was 17 inches but i could be wrong. 

Here is my uncle bob with a nice crappie that he caught. 

Here is his wife Karen with a crappie she caught.

Here is my dad with a nice bass that he caught.

Here is the another nice bass that he caught.

here is one of the nicer perch that i caught.

Here is a pic of how bad the biggest crappie that wanted the green tube that i was tossing.  he really swallowed it deep. 

JiggerMan

• Man do I love Fishing
Here are some pics of a few fish that i have caught recently.  Not to much happening other than some small walleye, a large smallmouth bass, some trout, and some crayfish. 

Here is a barely legal walleye that i let go to swim another day. 

Here was a surprise I caught when casting a deep diving fast-trac.  I thought it was nice walleye untill i got it in.  and saw this guy. 

Another pic of the catfish.

here is a pair of eyes that i got at a local dam casting a chartruse and white berkely frenzy.

Here is a big small mouth that i got the same night as the pair of eyes on the same lure.  It is 19 inches and 5 pounds.

This is not a fish pic but it ws the first time I had seen this.  It is a crayfish migration.  The crayfish were so thick that when you walked on the shore all you heard was the crunching of crayfish.  This is a pile of them at the top of the dam trying to get over it.  they were literally crawling over top of each other. 

here is a pic of the length of the dam wall with the crayfish lined up to make the crawl over.

here are some trout that my dad and i caught up at hunters lake. the trout were going nuts after some white Mayflies comming off.  The biggest is 15.5 inches.

Here are all of the trout from the night. 

Last but not least this is a pic of the sunset on hunters lake that night.  I took the pic after it was at its peak. 

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
great pictures, those crayfish are crazy, never saw anything like that before.

I've gotten some catfish at night on topwater plugs before, too. Cool shot with the deep diver and cat.

just some great shots, thanks for sharing.  :thumbup_smilie: :clapping:  :thumbup_smilie:
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

devil-man

Wow! Great stuff there!
Those crayfish truly are crazy.
Talk about smallie bait!
 :o

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
Those crayfish are neat. Id have used them for bait

Fishing is life

MIRC!

BAZOOKAJOE

D*mn crazy crawdad's!!  Cool pics!!   8)

JiggerMan

• Man do I love Fishing
camo,  thanks for the nice words through out my post.  I have only caught one other catfish on a diving plug before and was a shad rap.

D-man and Bazooka,  I dont think it would have mattered if i used them for bait because the bass were probably full from them or sick of them at that spot because there were so many.  the last thin they pobably wanted to see was a crayfish. 

To all,  There were two dams that were about a mile apart and one had tons of crays at it and the other only had a few.  It was one of those things you just stumble across i guess. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.