FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: My favorite catfishing method  (Read 7570 times)

Otter

• Retired MFF Mod
  • The river is mine
Re: My favorite catfishing method
« Reply #15 on: Jul 04, 2004, 08:17 PM »
Actually,
I was reading a few articles about fishing for flathead catfish and it recommended using crankbaits.  Flatheads are going to be my next target and I'm going use lures when going after them.  Most articles I read said that they'll pass up dead baits and stink baits and they only go for live bait.  We'll see, I can't wait to check it out when I get some time...

bayonne

« Reply #16 on: Jul 04, 2004, 09:29 PM »
i hear live chbs or sun fish are hard to beat we dont see them in jersey but when i fish the shanendoa in v.a thats the bait and mad toms also and the big blues love them also

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #17 on: Jul 05, 2004, 12:03 AM »
Actually,
I was reading a few articles about fishing for flathead catfish and it recommended using crankbaits.  Flatheads are going to be my next target and I'm going use lures when going after them.  Most articles I read said that they'll pass up dead baits and stink baits and they only go for live bait.  We'll see, I can't wait to check it out when I get some time...
Go for it for sure I only got channel cats here but i have caught large channels on a perch rap first cast with it i fired it out let it sit for a second stared to reel and pull once twice BAM! 36.5'' cat i caught three big cats before snagging and losing my lure. It will work!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.