FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513060 times)

Mac Attack

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #4470 on: Sep 30, 2021, 02:29 PM »
Mine still has the plastic on it that I installed 2 yrs ago.
I miss the fresh veggies from it and the solitude working in it.
But the darn thing would simply not get wattered enough while we are out at the lake place since Jeff moved out 2 yrs back.
However, Jeff is buying the house this winter.
Maybe he will open it next year.
If so, it will be awesome, baking for the past 2 yrs under that black plastic - no weeds either!!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4471 on: Sep 30, 2021, 02:45 PM »
Make it a condition of sale!
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #4472 on: Sep 30, 2021, 03:04 PM »
Make it a condition of sale!

Sometimes you are a funny funny guy Bob.

8)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4473 on: Sep 30, 2021, 03:06 PM »
Always…well…most of the time anyways…..at least some people think so……..well…..a couple….maybe one.

That’s why I married her.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #4474 on: Sep 30, 2021, 03:07 PM »
She is a saint..............excellent table manners too.

;)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4475 on: Sep 30, 2021, 03:18 PM »
I couldn’t agree more. My one and only.

You and I did well in that department.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4476 on: Sep 30, 2021, 03:52 PM »

Sometimes you are a funny funny guy Bob.

8)

;D ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4477 on: Sep 30, 2021, 04:15 PM »
Funny how? You  mean I amuse you……….

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4478 on: Oct 10, 2021, 05:10 AM »
Anyone use a vole/mole repellent that works? I want to put some in my raised beds when I plant my garlic. Every year the voles have a family gathering in the beds after I mulch them for the winter. Pretty cozy for them I guess.

I’m looking for a way to keep them out.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4479 on: Oct 10, 2021, 05:13 AM »
If you figure something out let me know. We get them in the upper greenhouse and they love marigold roots. 
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

tomturkey

« Reply #4480 on: Oct 10, 2021, 05:24 AM »
Raq
If you have a few minutes they are looking for help planting all of the tulips in your old stomping grounds.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4481 on: Oct 10, 2021, 05:34 AM »
Thanks but no thanks Tom.  Got roped into volunteering to do that one fall by a pretty girl… ::)
 And in the spring during tulip time if I could get out of work I would go back to NY for a week… ;D
 My best bud out there owns a house in the historic district on tulip lane..   He’s in charge for planting in front of his house along the curb…

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4482 on: Oct 19, 2021, 07:00 AM »
Gonna plant my garlic this afternoon. It’s been raining so much I haven’t had the opportunity. Ate the last big tomato from the garden yesterday. Still getting those sweet little yellow tomatoes. Radishes are coming along in the trough planter.I’ll put in some spinach for the winter when they’re done.

Flower boxes still look ok so I’m leaving them for now. Lawns are growing like crazy. So is the golf course.

Season is winding down.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4483 on: Oct 19, 2021, 01:25 PM »
I planted mine a couple 3 weeks ago or so and there sprouting.  Last year’s crop was bad so I started early…. .  Can only hope for the best now..   ;)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4484 on: Oct 19, 2021, 02:50 PM »
Got 120 heads in the ground. Used some seed I bought at the farm market and more of my own. I really had a great crop this year. The cloves are so big I have to laugh every time I cut one up. Minus the seed I planted I still have around 10 lbs of garlic to see us and our friends through to next year.

Amended the beds with a good bit of compost from last fall’s leaf gathering. Soil looked rich and loose. Should be perfect. I’ll top the beds off with some chicken wire and 6-8” of leaves when I start picking them up.

Mowed both lawns and did some other cleanup. What a perfect fall day to spend outdoors gardening.

Made a big pot of venison stew this morning.

Tomorrow I mow at the course.

Life is good!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.