FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fishing after thunderstorms?  (Read 21170 times)

Boomer

Re: Fishing after thunderstorms?
« Reply #15 on: Jun 06, 2010, 09:00 AM »
Bout-Time: at least you got to go fishing!  We are hoping to go today after the storms this morning.

Hoosier

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #16 on: Jun 06, 2010, 05:39 PM »
After the storms the other night and morning went to a local pond,threw a couple bass plugs to no hits.Decided to try the crappie and WACKED`em.1 spot and had 20 in an hour,slow rollin a 1 1/2 tube..
 Didnt take any pics make sure I do that next time.. JT

SmallieBigs

« Reply #17 on: Jun 06, 2010, 09:28 PM »
Good on you guys that got out there and got in some fishing...Sounds like it really depends on the species you're after as far as the storms go.

I was going to go today but it was raining and crappy all day. My boy's only ten and not that dedicated for cold rainy days yet  :-\

I did go get a new Med/Light action spinning rod to replace my broken Ugly Stick though so it wasn't a total wash out  ;D

Canoe is gone, it's time for a boat!

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
« Reply #18 on: Jun 07, 2010, 08:21 AM »
I fish the Missouri river and it looks a little like choclate milk after a thunderstorm from, the run off, the fish don't bite much then.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

SmallieBigs

« Reply #19 on: Jun 07, 2010, 01:10 PM »
I was out on the Mohawk today; it was very muddy and I only got a couple bites. I hit a few different locations from LF to Herk. I had something very big on for about 10-15 seconds using a 1/6 oz. roostertail... I haven't had anything pull that hard ever. I was thinking it was a big Pike but the lure seemed kind of small for that size Northern....

Canoe is gone, it's time for a boat!

The Fishing Pole

« Reply #20 on: Jun 16, 2010, 05:44 AM »
Very possible that was a Northern or a Tiger Musky.  One arsenal I use to fish for Northerns is with small rooster tail type spinners, they definitely will hit them, but usually with a red fly.  Steel leaders are a must using the small spinners as they can many times inhale the lures.

slipperybob

« Reply #21 on: Jun 19, 2010, 01:52 PM »
The smaller lakes and ponds have received some good water and raise about a few inches.  Makes for pretty good shore fishing as the fish will have a small shore channel between structure and the main weed line.  I'm a bit surprised at how clear some of these ponds are.  Usually after a storm all the water is very muddy and stuff.
Slip bobber fishing and ice lounger.

Slipperybob's Wish to Fish and MN Dish...Journal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.