FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Jboggey’s Sandy Pond  (Read 22089 times)

KingPerch

Re: Jboggey’s Sandy Pond
« Reply #90 on: Dec 25, 2022, 09:21 AM »
Merry Christmas, Boggey!
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

reeleyz

« Reply #91 on: Dec 25, 2022, 06:19 PM »
Merry Christmas!

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #92 on: Dec 26, 2022, 06:31 AM »
Hope you had a great Christmas. I saw a guy out on the lake yesterday monring, he's NUTS...h2l

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #93 on: Apr 26, 2023, 04:43 PM »
Yo Guys & Gals,

First time to quip on the affairs of state on the Pond this year (2023). Haven’t had much boat time since ice out, partly because the boat is still in dry dock, partly because none of my fishing chums have invited me out yet and lastly, just got me a total knee replacement. Taking me a lot of PT (pain & torcher) to get up to snuff.

Will have an update on water conditions. Status of the cut and arrival of the Sand Pipers after this week end. All for now. Drop a quick line or two if you get a chance. Got room on my private message board if you are shy.

Boggey

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #94 on: Apr 26, 2023, 05:19 PM »
hope ya  feel  better ole  boy  if ya  need a  hand   holler 
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Pequod1

« Reply #95 on: Apr 26, 2023, 05:25 PM »
Do not neglect any of that PT. It is critical to a full recovery. Also, don’t do anything crazy too soon.  I know it’s tough because we all want to be out on the water. 
Heal up soon.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #96 on: Apr 26, 2023, 06:01 PM »
Take care of those wheels! They keep us moving forward. I argue with mine quite regularly. So far they’re holding up ( some days better than others)

When the time comes…..get those steps in every day.

It’s miraculous what medicine  can do for us old farts these days.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

hinkydo

« Reply #97 on: Apr 27, 2023, 05:27 AM »
Get that healed up, jboggey those perch live down there they don't go anywhere.
I promise not to catch them all.

hinkydo  Fish ON

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2023, 07:08 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals
 Finally got out on Friday. My buds took pity on me and invited me to fish off of Wellesley Island. Suffice to say we caught many perch. It was a good day to test the knew knee.

Got some more PT this morning but I am clearly on the mend. Thanks to Dallas & Hack for putting us over them pig perch.
All for now.
Boggey

hinkydo

« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2023, 08:27 AM »
Glad you got out to blow the stink off, Jim.
Those perch had your name on them to catch.
Hope to see you out there sometime.

hinkydo Fish ON

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2023, 05:51 AM »
Fishing seem to mend all our wounds, glad you got out and feeling better....h2l

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2023, 04:03 PM »
Yo Rusty & Doug,
Yup it was nice to get back out again. Truly therapeutic. Looks like the nymph is ready to go back in the water. Will do a test run with the son on Saturday. Water is pretty high on the Pond right now.

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2023, 06:26 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals
Good to be back on the water again. The Sea Nymph is running well. The knee is healing, but of course not fast enough to suit me.
All my seasonal neighbors are coming back for the summer. Big turn over as well. Several new neighbors I am getting to know.

Water levels in the Pond and the lake are very high. Not 2017 or 2019 levels, but with our rainy season behind us, hopefully we can settle into a more normal year on the Pond. I pray it is so.
Boggey

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #103 on: May 11, 2023, 06:31 AM »
All "good news", thanks for sharing. Spring got off to a slow start around here, lots of water in the lake....h2l

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #104 on: May 19, 2023, 05:52 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals,

All is well on the Pond. Catching a lot more pickerel than last year. The perch are not schooling up and much harder to find. Them dang silver bass are also a nuisance. Have caught only one walleye keeper so far, as I said, pickerel are much more prevalent than last year.

Water levels are still high, but I’m not complaining. Boat ramp at Stanley easily accessible. Lots of parking available. Weekends are a little hectic. Easier to get in and out during the week.

Before I spread any disinformation. I would refer you all to the Sandy Pond Channel Maintenance Association web site. They are doing a wonderful job not only maintaining the “cut”, but keeping us all informed of the ongoing maintenance and great aerial pictures of the channel.

The SPCMA has a serious funding problem and a quick visit to their website will direct your contributions to help maintain the ongoing expenses associated with the upkeep of the Pond access. Additionally the aerial photos will give you a better iidea of how to navigate the cut to and from the lake. All for now. Hope to see you all out and about this summer.

Boggey

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.