MyFishFinder Tips and Techniques > Fishing Equipment

trolling motor battery help

(1/1)

iceman cometh:
 I have a 55lb. thrust, 12 volt trolling motor on my 2 man boat and have always run a 100 amp hour battery, but due to my cancer I don't want to be lugging 60-70 lbs. in and out of the boat each trip. Could I get the approximate run time from two 55 amp hour or even three 35 amp hour batteries wired in parallel? I would want to wire them parallel rather than in a series to keep them in a 12 volt configuration, correct? Also, if you guys and gals know of any good deals let me know. I'm cheap and only want to spend maybe $60-$100 per battery, so I know my options will be few. Has anyone owned the Mighty Max 55 amp hour or 35 amp hour batteries? I've heard both positive and negative reviews. I worry that two 35 amp hour batteries wouldn't give me much run time, maybe not even three would be enough, let me know what you think.

Mac Attack:
Yup
This works

appleye:
May want to look at Latium batterys, much lighter, more costly but  way more charges lifetime and complete draw down as an advantage for use on the water.

lowaccord66:

--- Quote from: Mac Attack on May 06, 2020, 03:16 PM ---Yup
This works

--- End quote ---

2x and with multiple banks you'll draw amperage more consistantly!  Best of luck beating cancer!

lowaccord66:

--- Quote from: appleye on May 08, 2020, 01:18 PM ---May want to look at Latium batterys, much lighter, more costly but  way more charges lifetime and complete draw down as an advantage for use on the water.

--- End quote ---

Extremely expensive and also requires a charger that can effectively charge them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version