FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Salmon in Aeroflex/Wawawanda???  (Read 8170 times)

AJ Agnor

• Team Mercer
Salmon in Aeroflex/Wawawanda???
« on: Jun 05, 2006, 01:40 PM »
I'll start off by stating that I know I'm sure I spelled wawawanda wrong, but anyways I head from a friend of mine yesterday that Salmon were stocked in both of those lakes, does anyone know if this is true or not and how if at all would it affect the other fish and fishing there in general???

NormS

Skinner

Re: Salmon in Aeroflex/Wawawanda???
« Reply #2 on: Jun 06, 2006, 06:33 AM »
I also read about the organization BOW saying that they don't expect them to do as good in Waywayanda due to the amount of bowfin in there. I know that aeroflex has good potential for these fish to grow to good size. My father used to be part of the club that they had before the state bought it and we used to get some real nice trout out of there , it's a good all around lake good spot is the sunken RD. Good luck.

Niffken

• Tournament Plastic Baits Niffken.com
« Reply #3 on: Jun 06, 2006, 11:16 AM »
aeroflex holds the state record for a landlocked salmon. 
Some People are like slinkies... they are not really good for anything, but... they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

JigAwhopper

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Jun 06, 2006, 07:42 PM »
I hope they do well in Wawayanda,   it would be a blast to catch them there while icefishing.  I'm suprised they have not stoked them at Round Valley as well but I guess that reservoir might get too hot for them in the summer  ?                J
GONE FISH'G.......

NormS

« Reply #5 on: Jun 06, 2006, 09:11 PM »
I hope they do well in Wawayanda,   it would be a blast to catch them there while icefishing.  I'm suprised they have not stoked them at Round Valley as well but I guess that reservoir might get too hot for them in the summer  ?                J

They didn't put them in the Valley due to the low plankton levels which have resulted in a major decline of the Herring population. Landlocks prefer warmer water than Lake Trout and Rainbows, similar to Brown Trout up to 70F as long as oxygen levels are high enough... Dont get too excited I have caught Landlocks in Lake George, they generally don't grow much over 4-5 lbs average 1 to 3 lbs and fight more like a Brown Trout than a King or Coho.
Norm

fishkopp

• Team Extreme
« Reply #6 on: Jun 19, 2006, 07:30 PM »
Norm you forgot to mention they do eat very well ,unlike a boney muskie

NormS

« Reply #7 on: Jun 24, 2006, 05:41 PM »
Norm you forgot to mention they do eat very well ,unlike a boney muskie

Yeah they do taste better than them Muskie Mike....I cant wait till they grow some at Wawayanda I am sick of eating Muskie twice a week for dinner.

hunters08

« Reply #8 on: Jul 14, 2006, 11:02 PM »
how big do yuor landlocks get?
If i'm not fishing than i hope i'm turkey hunting!!!

bigfish

« Reply #9 on: Oct 28, 2006, 10:32 AM »
 I fish Wawayanda for trout. I caught 2 salmon trolling in june they were about
7" long  . I fished the lake on october 9 and caught 1 salmon on a home made streamer spinner combo. The fish was about 10"  with a nice girth. Please post your catch of salmon from aeroflex/wawayanda.

bigfish

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 08:14 PM »
fished today no salmon. trolled up 3 browns and 2 large yellow perch.live lined herring got 3 more browns  best fish of the day 3.12. lots of pickerel on silver rapala. no bass .

bigfish

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2007, 04:12 PM »
fished the lake today 6:30 am. trolled up one brown trout. fished with live bait nothing. worked the shore line with sinkos picked up 2 bass 1 lb  and 2 lbs. they were tight to the shore line big head's verry skinny. the pickerel destroyed my silver
blue fox super vibrax. caught 10  to 5 lbs. and 1 large crappie.

Rapala

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2007, 06:32 PM »
Not a bad day Bigfish.

King Kool

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 09:15 PM »
Isnt the trout derby Saturday at Aeroflex???? Anyone hitting it???Is it even worth trying it off shore instead of a boat? Boat is gas and if im not mistaken this lake is electric only.
Lunker Hunter

tonyr

« Reply #14 on: Jun 03, 2007, 08:03 AM »
Wawayanda on Saturday morning. Started about 06:00, water temp started at 72, light wind all day. Several hits in the first pool, zero fish. Dragging metal and flies all day, you can call me a die hard purist, besides $7.50 a dozen for herring is a bit much.

Moved to the back pool and the same story, couple a hits, zero fish. Phoebe's changed on a regular basis and nothing struck their fancy. Big, small, silver, gold, lime green, multicolor, even a look alike Daredevil from the depths of the box. Nothing but a few quick hits with a head shake and then gone. Several bumps but they were just not taking it solid.

Guys with bait picked a few fish, as usual, information exchange was kept to a bare minimum. Hits were coming at 20-30. The 2-3 live bait fishermen did better than than we did, but they were not killing them as a few guys were in the last few weeks. Full moon and the temp moving to 73-74 on the surface by 11:45 as well as the generally clear sky and bright sun pushed the trout down.

There was the occasional surface activity right up to when we stopped, swirl here a break there. The pods of bait were on the surface all morning but not like a few weeks back, again full moon and bright conditions push them down early. Water was very clear for Wawayanda, 4-6 foot visibility.

Put out the lead core and zero hits. Used the 3-way on the ride back and picked up the only box fish of the day, nice 14 inch brown trout. Hit that fish off the swimming beach about 12-16 feet deep with the 2 inch silver and blue Phoebe on the 3-way. Looks like it will be all deep fishing for the trout from here on until the fall when we get cooler conditions.

Anybody else have any reports, good bad or indifferent, lots of boats out, lots of hits on these few posts, every body but the same few guys that post have LOCKJAW?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.