FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: echo lake nwcdc  (Read 5600 times)

projoe

echo lake nwcdc
« on: Jul 23, 2007, 07:17 PM »
yesterday was the fird ttime i fished it in a while and the first thing i noticed was all the weed along the shore line. last time i was there it was only weedy in a few spots. i didnt do bad but with all the weed there were also alot of leeches which seem to be a big part of the panfishes diet were we only caught fish on worms nothing really on shiners not even bass.

metaliczombi

Re: echo lake nwcdc
« Reply #1 on: Jul 23, 2007, 07:36 PM »
>musky<  Did ya see any muskie?  Now is when they like to lay up in the shallows and not react anything but a lure to the head.

projoe

« Reply #2 on: Jul 23, 2007, 10:02 PM »
i had a few follows wen bringing up perch but it was in and a round 20fow

metaliczombi

« Reply #3 on: Aug 05, 2007, 09:25 PM »
Whoever lost their lure to a low 30" musky, I can tell ya it's still in the corner of the fishes mouth.  Luckily it's only about the size of an F-11 rapala and it's only the rear treble, the rest of the lure is hanging outside it's mouth.  I was out on Echo today and i saw this one sunning itself in the weeds and when it turned around I saw the lure.  I had one lazy follow myself on a Double Cowgirl but nothing after that.  I tried to coax the lure wearing muskie into biting but it just slowly swam off with out even a look.

projoe

« Reply #4 on: Aug 06, 2007, 11:15 AM »
never caught a musky on lures there the only time i caught musky there were figure 8ing sunnies that have the orange goldish stomach wen ever i see a big fish on the depth finder. i guess wen the sunnie goes on its side it shows a sign of weakness and it to them is a easy meal

metaliczombi

« Reply #5 on: Aug 06, 2007, 05:10 PM »
There's nothing like watching a musky inhale a lure at boatside then all hell breaks loose.  I never caught one on bait but then I only intentionally set out a couple perch once a few years ago.  The muskies had no interest in the perch but when I dropped a spinnerbait overboard to wet the marabou,  one came up to it and stared at the spinner like it was live bait.  Muskies do weird things.

kuz

« Reply #6 on: Aug 07, 2007, 06:56 AM »
muskies are strange critters. so frustrating and also so exciting. I've never caught one at echo with a lure in its mouth, but i've heard some reports of it. unfortunately, its a popular bass and panfish spot, and the skis dont discriminate, so you're bound to have some bass lures lost. I'm going to tell them to eat my musky lures and in return I promise to release them unharmed. I wish they would stick to that deal.

metaliczombi

« Reply #7 on: Sep 03, 2007, 06:36 PM »
Fished up here from 6:30am to 6:00pm and had 3 follows and one shake me loose after a little battle.  The other boats I talked to didn't have much action all.  One follow was on a Storm swim shad that was covered in weeds so thick I couldn't see the lure and that messed me up on the 8.  I stopped it before i saw the muskie and the muskie sank away not to be seen again.

metaliczombi

« Reply #8 on: Sep 09, 2007, 06:25 PM »
Was up here today from 6:30am -4:30pm and ended up with 1 fish at ~43ins and 2 more follows.  The fish hit a marabou tail close to boatside.  The fish was jumping at boatside and shaking it's head so bad that I thought no way am i going to land it.  It was almost as good as the one that tail walked on me last year or the year before at boatside, that one threw the buck tail but I can still remember it exactly.

kuz

« Reply #9 on: Sep 10, 2007, 07:00 AM »
congrats metaliczombi! its always a rush. tough fish but the payout is a lasting memory. good job.

metaliczombi

« Reply #10 on: Sep 16, 2007, 08:04 PM »
Got out today from 2-7pm and caught 1 muskie, ~44ins.  This was a new one for me.  I made a cast and had a bit of a professional overrun so I let the lure sink while I took care of the overrun, a small nest.  I took up the slack and I thought I was snagged for sec then the rod started pumping.  It must of hit on the drop or when the lure moved when I picked up slack because I didn't feel it all but it was a nice surprise.  It hit a "dead sticked" marabou tail.

NJ ICE HUNTER

« Reply #11 on: Oct 09, 2007, 06:36 AM »
Not much time left at the reservoirs.  Any reports?

kuz

« Reply #12 on: Jun 05, 2008, 01:10 PM »
Fished Echo today. My partner landed one 40in+ musky after only 20 min there. Lots of follows, some of which were monsters.

metaliczombi

« Reply #13 on: Jun 05, 2008, 04:55 PM »
Been up there 3 times this year so far and I have one follow(large sized) and a 40" fish to show for it.  Maybe Sun I'll be up there again.

kuz

« Reply #14 on: Jun 06, 2008, 11:01 AM »
All the fish we saw were thick in the weeds. Usually I see them on the edges, but these fish were up in the weeds in a big way. We were getting most of our follows burning bucks, but the hook up was with topwater prop which also produced a follow. At the end of the day I threw out a big topwater.... that lure that you look at in the box and think "why did I ever buy this" (its a 12in hardbodied topwater) and 3rd cast I had 3fish coming in for a look. 3!!! 2 were monsters, and the one fish suddenly showed more aggression and pulled out in front of the other lazy follows. was sure she was going to hit, but she turned after the first bend of the figure8..........I had nightmares all night. What a heartbreak.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.