FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: echo lake nwcdc  (Read 5599 times)

metaliczombi

Re: echo lake nwcdc
« Reply #15 on: Jun 06, 2008, 03:52 PM »
The heartbreakers make it so you have to go back again.  Topwater is the most heart wrenching way to catch them, love seeing that bulge form when one is following shallow and then the explosion.

kuz

« Reply #16 on: Jun 09, 2008, 03:29 PM »
My partner got one on sunday mid 40in class. only 2 or 3 lazy follows other than that.

ratso

« Reply #17 on: Jun 10, 2008, 08:04 AM »
Kuz, what was the water temp/clarity at ECHO? Trying to decide if its worth a trip.
 ???

kuz

« Reply #18 on: Jun 10, 2008, 10:17 AM »
Don't know the temps, but the fish seem to be active. Water clarity has been on the clearer side for echo, but lots of pollen on the surface. I was able to see fish that were 3-4 ft down, in my experience at echo, its as clear as it gets. I would say regardless, the fish are active and its worth a trip. Also, lots of herring popping at the surface early in the day.

ratso

« Reply #19 on: Jun 10, 2008, 01:06 PM »
Thanks Kuz, it's a toss up between Echo and Clinton. I may try both, only problem is that the spots I like are down the lakes so to speak. Specs at Echo and brown bombers at Clinton.
 ::)   ;)   ;D

ratso

« Reply #20 on: Jun 19, 2008, 03:51 AM »
Worked Echo on Tuesday from 05:00 to 11:00. Nothing doing. Metal and plastic high, low and in between. Seems everything was on top even though the water is warm. Trolled the lake front to back. Only action was on 6-7 inch yellows in the back in 5-10 fow. Going this weekend and plan to bait fish. Two guys in a fold up boat were down in the back fishing for the big toothy devils, both standing and casting, oars only. Ya gotta think that your bullet proof to pull that off.

metaliczombi

« Reply #21 on: Jun 19, 2008, 03:50 PM »
I was up here Monday from 10:00-4:30pm and landed a 36in muskie and had a low to mid 40 incher shake me off close to the boat.  Only 2 fish I saw all day.

kuz

« Reply #22 on: Jun 24, 2008, 07:57 AM »
Fished Echo from 5am till 9:30am. had one hookup on a figure 8 at the boat but it spit the hook after a couple seconds, then landed one 35in around 8:15am. that was it...no other follows. water was stained up more then usual.

ratso

« Reply #23 on: Jun 24, 2008, 11:51 AM »
Hey Kuz was that you in the Tracker? I was out there in my 12 foot boat and yelled at somebody about needing a bigger net. Trolled for the crappie, and thats how they were hitting. Nothing doing top, bottom and in between.

kuz

« Reply #24 on: Jun 25, 2008, 10:09 AM »
nope, we were in a starcraft...i think. the only other boat i saw on the water had 3 guys in it, but when I got back to the launch, I saw there were 2 trailers out.

kuz

« Reply #25 on: Jul 29, 2008, 09:59 AM »
Saw an interesting thing on echo 2 sundays ago... slow day only one follow, then saw a large splash out toward the middle of the lake.  about 10 seconds later, a 3 or 4lb smallie leaps a good 3ft out of the water, and a very large musky came directly out right on his tail! It was the first time I've seen a ski breach that high out of the water, and it was cool to see the fish after such a large prey! I would love to catch either fish, especially on such a slow day. Thought I'd share

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.