FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: anyone gettin out in jersey?  (Read 5105 times)

bmxrider11976

anyone gettin out in jersey?
« on: Mar 16, 2010, 09:15 PM »
it was a gorgeous day today. took the boat out for her maiden voyage of 2010. fished for 5 hours, only caught one. but hey, it was too nice to be inside. the tackle box is nine inches for reference
IN SEARCH OF BUCKETMOUTH

fishingaddict24

Re: anyone gettin out in jersey?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2010, 08:40 PM »
i fished spruce run reservoir today for the first time. not a bite... didn't even see a fish. man what a nice day for my first trip this season though. i'm still waiting for the lakes in north jersey by me to finish dethawing.

fishgalore

« Reply #2 on: Mar 18, 2010, 04:23 AM »
it was a gorgeous day today. took the boat out for her maiden voyage of 2010. fished for 5 hours, only caught one. but hey, it was too nice to be inside. the tackle box is nine inches for reference

That's a nice bass!

bmxrider11976

« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2010, 10:06 PM »
That's a nice bass!

thanks! hows the river holdin up after the rain by you? the paulinskill got MESSY.
IN SEARCH OF BUCKETMOUTH

fishgalore

« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2010, 11:56 PM »
thanks! hows the river holdin up after the rain by you? the paulinskill got MESSY.

Rockaway is still high and moving fast last I noticed.

ratso

« Reply #5 on: Mar 19, 2010, 08:05 AM »
Based on the amount of water that is still holding in the low lying areas up here in Sussex county, plus the prediction of rain for Monday and Tuesday, it's high and will stay that way for a while yet. Franklin pond falls are running hard and the streams are still high and fast. I'm not a stream guy, but it would seem to me that it's going to be hard fishing yet till things settle down somewhat. :whistling:

fishgalore

« Reply #6 on: Mar 21, 2010, 07:24 AM »
I got out yesterday for a couple hours late in the day. Caught 36 crappie, 17 white perch and 1 yellow perch (Forgot the camera). My brother and his wife each caught over 100 fish. Every cast had a hit within about 10 seconds or less. It was the kind of place you take a kid to fish if you want them to get hooked on fishing. There were several kids with their dads there. Lots of giggling goin on!!

Only one or two large crappie (12" or so) the rest were smaller but no less fun to catch. Thanks to my friend Chris who told me about the place. We released all fish caught.

bmxrider11976

« Reply #7 on: Mar 21, 2010, 11:51 AM »
I got out yesterday for a couple hours late in the day. Caught 36 crappie, 17 white perch and 1 yellow perch (Forgot the camera). My brother and his wife each caught over 100 fish. Every cast had a hit within about 10 seconds or less. It was the kind of place you take a kid to fish if you want them to get hooked on fishing. There were several kids with their dads there. Lots of giggling goin on!!

Only one or two large crappie (12" or so) the rest were smaller but no less fun to catch. Thanks to my friend Chris who told me about the place. We released all fish caught.

white perch in jersey? i dont know if the ponds and lakes i fish just dont have them or ive never caught them!
IN SEARCH OF BUCKETMOUTH

fishgalore

« Reply #8 on: Mar 21, 2010, 01:33 PM »
white perch in jersey? i dont know if the ponds and lakes i fish just dont have them or ive never caught them!

I've caught white perch in Budd Lake and they are in Lake Hopatcong too. Go to these sites for more info:- http://www.kneedeepclub.org/2009/2009yearlong.htm & http://www.aa-fishing.com/nj/new-jersey-panfish-fishing.html 

bmxrider11976

« Reply #9 on: Mar 21, 2010, 01:48 PM »
I've caught white perch in Budd Lake and they are in Lake Hopatcong too. Go to these sites for more info:- http://www.kneedeepclub.org/2009/2009yearlong.htm & http://www.aa-fishing.com/nj/new-jersey-panfish-fishing.html 

yeah i knew they were in hopatcong, thats just out of my way for fishing. but might need to try them out this summer, i hear they are tastey
IN SEARCH OF BUCKETMOUTH

fishgalore

« Reply #10 on: Mar 21, 2010, 08:14 PM »
yeah i knew they were in hopatcong, thats just out of my way for fishing. but might need to try them out this summer, i hear they are tastey

I don't think they get very big. Although I did catch one about 12" in Budd Lake last year. That's pretty large for them.

ratso

« Reply #11 on: Mar 22, 2010, 06:38 AM »
Ice fishing in Greenwood, you would fill buckets ( more than one ) with white perch. That was some years back. The are not the best eating at all, although they are OK. Mostly small, with the rare 1-2 pounder. Caught a few in Green Pond as well. Looks like Monday and Tuesday will be blow outs with the weather. Will be hitting it hard later this week.

fishgalore

« Reply #12 on: Mar 22, 2010, 06:08 PM »
Ice fishing in Greenwood, you would fill buckets ( more than one ) with white perch. That was some years back. The are not the best eating at all, although they are OK. Mostly small, with the rare 1-2 pounder. Caught a few in Green Pond as well. Looks like Monday and Tuesday will be blow outs with the weather. Will be hitting it hard later this week.

I drove to fish the Pequest yesterday then realized when I got there that I forgot my chest waders. What a drag. So I fished the Rockaway River for a couple hours....not a bite. Worked with the new fly rod and equipment. The river was pretty clear but the trash in that river is ridiculous. What a shame. It was still a bit higher than normal and today's weather has it raging again.

FearNoFish27

« Reply #13 on: Mar 24, 2010, 08:42 PM »
TRIED to fish Spruce Run today. Way too windy. 1-2 foot white caps off the camping grounds, with the wind out of the north, northwest. wanted to get back by the powerlines, but wasn't willing to take the chance, or get soaked, trying. tomorrow is anyother day.

bmxrider11976

« Reply #14 on: Mar 24, 2010, 09:46 PM »
TRIED to fish Spruce Run today. Way too windy. 1-2 foot white caps off the camping grounds, with the wind out of the north, northwest. wanted to get back by the powerlines, but wasn't willing to take the chance, or get soaked, trying. tomorrow is anyother day.
tomorrow is another day..... but they are callin for rainn. i was hopin to get out today but the wind kept me in. i wanted to get out tomorrow but it looks like rain in the afternoon. good luck to ya if you get out.
IN SEARCH OF BUCKETMOUTH

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.