FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: on the surf  (Read 4003 times)

bayonne

on the surf
« on: May 27, 2004, 03:26 PM »
how many of you have hit the beaches i am going to island beach in the morning the big ones are in along with some drum

MikeThePike

• Any signs of ice yet?
Re: on the surf
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 10:57 PM »
I was hitting Pebble Beach 2-3 a week before I got sick at the end of last week. Yet to beach a bass but tons of annoying blues robbing my rigs. Hopefully I'll make it back down there next week.
Chasing them pigs with fins!

AK isn't coming soon enough....can't wait to fight with 1 grizzly for 100,000 fish instead of 1,000 snaggers for 10.

mark mercer

• Team Mercer
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 12:55 PM »
let us know how u did i got blanked on the stripers in the hudson this year so hopefully youll have better luck

RJP

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 01:59 PM »

We went to Sandy Hook two weeks ago and did well withg bluefish.

We're going again tomorrow - looking for fluke + blues.

bayonne

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2004, 05:57 PM »
got a 37in 20lb stiper clams in the white warter checked in at dolphins pithcher not up yet see newdolpinbt.com for latest reports and stripers in the hudson last week got them at robins reef on both clam and bunker and a lot of blues thier closer to the chanel

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2004, 09:25 PM »
Kevin, sounds like a good trip.  Maybe when I get back from this side of the world we can hook up again.  Had fun on Hopatcong last week.  Take care and good luck.

Steve
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

bayonne

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2004, 10:50 AM »
thats a definit steve hooking big stipers of the surf is a blast if you dont have a surf pole or some thing 7ft or better i have an extra needs to handle 4-6 oz a heavy baitcaster might work you dont cast far thier in the warsh

MikeThePike

• Any signs of ice yet?
« Reply #7 on: Jun 01, 2004, 01:59 AM »
Anyone getting bass from the surf still or have they moved on and left the annoying ass bluefish to steal all our bait and rigs?
Chasing them pigs with fins!

AK isn't coming soon enough....can't wait to fight with 1 grizzly for 100,000 fish instead of 1,000 snaggers for 10.

bayonne

« Reply #8 on: Jun 01, 2004, 08:13 AM »
i havent heard any thing about the hook but island beach state park is still hitting stipers and some drum all on surf clam thier in close and check www.newdolpinbt.com for reports today they say its roufgh need 8oz or better but thats not always the case once wen they said 8 i used 4 and held lighter line makes adiference one day one pole had 25 and the other had15 the 25 wouldnt hold and the 15 did luckly i had my spare spool changed it 1/2hour latter on that pole nailed a 37 incher the rod tips bounce but you will know they lay it down

RJP

« Reply #9 on: Jun 05, 2004, 12:54 PM »

We were at Sandy Hook last Saturday.  Pretty windy all morning.  We fished from around 6:00 a.m. to 12:30.  At @ 7:30 there was a flurry of activity with bluefish - between two of us, we caught 9 in about 15 to 20 minutes.  Other than that not even a sea robin.

The blues were all caught on A17 jigs with red surgi-tails.

One guy caught a 26 inch striper on clam.

Didn't see anyone else catch anything.

We were fishing squid strips and with small pieces of cut bunker looking for fluke - nada.  Occassionally threw a jig to see if anything would go for it.  Other than the short bite from the blues, nothing.

bayonne

« Reply #10 on: Jun 06, 2004, 07:52 PM »
Here's the picture from last week at Island Beach State Park.

RJP

« Reply #11 on: Jun 09, 2004, 12:09 PM »

Has anyone had any luck dead-sticking bunker heads?  Or do you have to hold the rod and be ready to set the hook as soon as something bites?

We usually end up not using the heads and throwing them out at the end of the day.  But, I see alot of reports about bass being caught using bunker heads, so my thinking is to put the head on an extra rod, throw it out there and see what happens?

TIA

RJP

« Reply #12 on: Jun 09, 2004, 12:14 PM »

Anyone catching fluke off the beach yet?

ShawnM

• MFF Mod Team
  • Captain Of Team Mercer
« Reply #13 on: Jun 09, 2004, 12:31 PM »
will let you know going on Sat for Bass & Fluke
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

bayonne

« Reply #14 on: Jun 09, 2004, 06:50 PM »
went to island beach today was slow got one stiper 29 in on surf clam my buddy got a talor blue and didnt see any other fish and man was it hot i roasted out thier think the rest of my surf trips will be after sundown

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.