FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: on the surf  (Read 4004 times)

MikeThePike

• Any signs of ice yet?
Re: on the surf
« Reply #15 on: Jun 10, 2004, 10:14 PM »
I've had a ton of success on bunker heads. Not so much this year but last year I had quite a bit. Fish it just like you would a chunk and once you've set the hook hold on cuz the small fish usually will take the chunks rather than the bigger, harder to swallow heads.
Chasing them pigs with fins!

AK isn't coming soon enough....can't wait to fight with 1 grizzly for 100,000 fish instead of 1,000 snaggers for 10.

RJP

« Reply #16 on: Jun 11, 2004, 12:32 PM »

Thanks - we're heading out tomorrow and I'll let you know if we get anything.

bayonne

« Reply #17 on: Jun 26, 2004, 09:55 AM »
havent been out but the reports from island beach say thiers  bunker in the  surf and some big fish being caught no slot fish at all no reports of blues but most guys target the stripers

RJP

« Reply #18 on: Jun 28, 2004, 12:30 PM »

We were out Saturday morning at Sandy Hook.  Fished the rips area and the bay side.

A couple of small bluefish, one keeper fluke and a few shorts.

The water was full of jellyfish.

Didn't saee anyone else do much other than an occasionla fluke.

bayonne

« Reply #19 on: Jul 16, 2004, 08:07 AM »
before the storms they were geting big blues at islandbeach state park with some stripers and weakfish mixed in once things clear out the fish should be back

bayonne

« Reply #20 on: Aug 15, 2004, 03:38 PM »
thiers a youth surf fishing derby at island beach state park on sept 19 th if you have any kids its great doing age groups most and biggest fish thier also looking for some help info on link at www.newdolphinbt.com

bayonne

« Reply #21 on: Sep 12, 2004, 12:31 PM »
i just cheaked the reports on newdolphinbt .com they started getting some stipers and blues at island beach state park and some fuke aswell

bayonne

« Reply #22 on: Feb 26, 2005, 08:00 PM »
wont be long now i had a thaught we need a surf fishing trip i think island beach is the best choice but we can take a poll and go with the most voted for lets just pick a date and location and   may all our surf rods bend

Gonfishen

« Reply #23 on: Mar 20, 2005, 11:45 AM »
Man, i cant wait to go fishing somewhere other then on ice ;D  I would definitly be interested in going where ever.  But I vote Island Beach :thumbup_smilie:  Oh yea, someone throw out a date, im good to go whenever.

Thanks
Jeff

bayonne

« Reply #24 on: Mar 20, 2005, 08:58 PM »
last week of april fist two of may are usaly the best for clm dunking lets see howmany and thier votes

Gonfishen

« Reply #25 on: Mar 26, 2005, 03:13 PM »
OK, i think im going on April 15-20, somewhere in there, whos in?? Im going down for some birfday fishing, its my big 16 on the 17th.  My dad asked me what i wanted to do, i told him i wanna go fishen ;D.  Proly have a new pole to try out, so maybe I'll see some of you there.

Bayonne, can you give me some tips on fishen the newark bay area, where to go/what to use/etc.

thanks
-Jeff-

bayonne

« Reply #26 on: Mar 26, 2005, 03:55 PM »
hudson county park in bayonne or veterans stadium on the right corner its mostly after dark fishing rightnow on worms fished on a fish finder rig but they do have times that thiers a day time bite we get fish going 40lbs every year its just a matter of be thier at the feeding time bunker after mid may and int the fall they bite into december depending on the warter temps hope this helps and have fun and dont eat any loaded with bcps we get good runs of big blues aswell

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.