FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The co$t of a New Jersey Fishing License?  (Read 13590 times)

Cheslers

Re: The co$t of a New Jersey Fishing License?
« Reply #15 on: Mar 18, 2004, 04:34 PM »
Everybody has valid points, but the main point is that for the most part why should we have to pay for something that is no ones property???  Last time I checked the states do not own every fish in the state, so why should we have to pay the state to catch them.  Also, don't forget that the license may be $22, but a trout stamp is another $10.50 for those that trout fish. And no offense Jig cause you bring up a good point that kids should get jobs to pay for their own stuff, but not every kid has a job so not all kids have the money to pay for their own licenses.

You for real think that we should not have to pay for a fishing license?  :o

ShawnM

• MFF Mod Team
  • Captain Of Team Mercer
« Reply #16 on: Mar 19, 2004, 09:40 AM »
maybe if aj got a job he wouldnt complain about money......

p.s u owe me money for bait from last weekend :P

MAN you beat me to it I was going to say the same thing & AJ you own me $2 from last weekend
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

ShawnM

• MFF Mod Team
  • Captain Of Team Mercer
« Reply #17 on: Mar 19, 2004, 09:52 AM »
Everybody has valid points, but the main point is that for the most part why should we have to pay for something that is no ones property???  Last time I checked the states do not own every fish in the state, so why should we have to pay the state to catch them.  Also, don't forget that the license may be $22, but a trout stamp is another $10.50 for those that trout fish. And no offense Jig cause you bring up a good point that kids should get jobs to pay for their own stuff, but not every kid has a job so not all kids have the money to pay for their own licenses.

SEE Guy's you all have to under stand AJ is one of the Cheapest guy's you'll ever meet . SO Stop your crying & you still need a NY license for April 3  ;D

fishkopp

• Team Extreme
« Reply #18 on: Mar 19, 2004, 11:26 AM »
A couple of factiods , There's been a 41% decline in fishing license sales over the last ten years in New Jersey. This is the reason for the price increase in fishing licenses . I was talking to the hatchery dude today , and he informed me there is a 10% CUT IN THERE FUNDS FOR 2004 . Pretty scarey when you think about .

This why it's so important to get the younger generation involved in our sport before it's to late .  So this year do us all a favor and take a kid or 2 fishing .

And as far as I'm concerned , I'd pay a $100 for a fishing license if I had to, whare else can you get that much enjoyment , for such a cheap price .

I also think we should need a license to fish saltwater , they do in almost every other state in the union . It's time the saltwater fisherman pulled there weight .

Mike K. ;D

ShawnM

• MFF Mod Team
  • Captain Of Team Mercer
« Reply #19 on: Mar 19, 2004, 11:54 AM »
A couple of factiods , There's been a 41% decline in fishing license sales over the last ten years in New Jersey. This is the reason for the price increase in fishing licenses . I was talking to the hatchery dude today , and he informed me there is a 10% CUT IN THERE FUNDS FOR 2004 . Pretty scarey when you think about .

This why it's so important to get the younger generation involved in our sport before it's to late .  So this year do us all a favor and take a kid or 2 fishing .

And as far as I'm concerned , I'd pay a $100 for a fishing license if I had to, whare else can you get that much enjoyment , for such a cheap price .

I also think we should need a license to fish saltwater , they do in almost every other state in the union . It's time the saltwater fisherman pulled there weight .

Mike K. ;D
Mike,
Sorry man but I'll have to say a BIG NO for a saltwater license!! Why should we have one we don't stock the bay or ocean!!! I mean this jerk of a governor we have is thinking about it but it will never be put in. I hope not that is ;D .One they don't have enough man power to check the NJ bay's ocean for guy’s with license & you have guy’s coming over from the NY  bay's & ocean it will never happen  ;D

AJ Agnor

• Team Mercer
« Reply #20 on: Mar 19, 2004, 01:56 PM »
Ok, first of all yes I'm serious that we shouldn't have to pay for a license, if they wanna make you get one to keep a check on how many people fish than fine, I don't have a problem with paying for one since I have since I've needed one that is just my opinion. I would never pay $100 bucks for one either, I would just go fishing and say the heck with a license. Now for Shawn I'll pay you, I wanted to do the bet, mark was the one that didn't until he caught that bass or the pickeral whichever came first. And as I said, I do have a job, but yes I am cheap  ;D but I have been buying a lota stuff lately, and am going to wallmart to get a BUNCH of new stuff for open water comin up so there!!!

ShawnM

• MFF Mod Team
  • Captain Of Team Mercer
« Reply #21 on: Mar 19, 2004, 02:22 PM »
Ok, first of all yes I'm serious that we shouldn't have to pay for a license, if they wanna make you get one to keep a check on how many people fish than fine, I don't have a problem with paying for one since I have since I've needed one that is just my opinion. I would never pay $100 bucks for one either, I would just go fishing and say the heck with a license. Now for Shawn I'll pay you, I wanted to do the bet, mark was the one that didn't until he caught that bass or the pickeral whichever came first. And as I said, I do have a job, but yes I am cheap  ;D but I have been buying a lota stuff lately, and am going to wallmart to get a BUNCH of new stuff for open water comin up so there!!!

WHAT  :o we shouldn’t pay for fishing license ? I can't be leave that I even fish with you AJ ???. Mark next time I see him make sure to tell me to give him a good kick in the butt. AJ I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU SOMETIMES :o :o
I know your doing good this year buying fish stuff  ;D ;D

fishkopp

• Team Extreme
« Reply #22 on: Mar 19, 2004, 02:31 PM »
Shawn

I tell you why we need a salt water license , where does the money come from to manage the oceans and  bay area?
It come from fresh water fishing licenses and other F&G funding. There are very few states that don't require a fishing license to fish the ocean .
I'm not talking about a seperate salt water license , I'm saying you should need a fishing license in any NJ water ways .
So this ruling wouldn't hurt us ,but make those who buy no fishing license have to buy one . And just maybe  the price would go down .

But I know many salt water fisherman who would scream like a little school girl at the thought of such a thing . But you know they wouldn't bat a eye on spending 300 SMACKERS ON A NEW CALCUTTA . I also know many who would support such a program in order to improve NJ salt water fishing .

Good fishing guys

Mike

mark mercer

• Team Mercer
« Reply #23 on: Mar 19, 2004, 03:03 PM »
ok shawn your right there shouldnt be a seperate liscence for salt water, but that isnt fair to freshwater fishermen. saltwater angles should have to buy the same liscence we do.

ShawnM

• MFF Mod Team
  • Captain Of Team Mercer
« Reply #24 on: Mar 19, 2004, 03:05 PM »
Well for one I never seen anyone from the NJ F&G checking or by the bay or ocean be someone can tell me if they do??????.I only see the cost guard/ State Police checking boat’s. But I do see want you are talking about .But like I said NY would have to do it to because we fish in the same bays like Raritan Bay & the ocean. So that's why it's going to be hard to do  ;D

ShawnM

• MFF Mod Team
  • Captain Of Team Mercer
« Reply #25 on: Mar 19, 2004, 03:08 PM »
ok shawn your right there shouldnt be a seperate liscence for salt water, but that isnt fair to freshwater fishermen. saltwater angles should have to buy the same liscence we do.
WHY is it not fair ?? So you should by a liscence for the year when you only go maybe 2 to 3 time a year in the ocean on Mike's boat I don't think so. 

fishkopp

• Team Extreme
« Reply #26 on: Mar 19, 2004, 03:22 PM »
Your right about NY having to hop on board as well , It would have to be like in Greenwood lake nj and ny license are good in the whole lake . I'm sure they have official boundry lines . I know when I fish the St lawrence you have to stay on your side of the river or possess both licenses .  :o      But I'm sure it's coming sooner or later .

Good fishing to all

Mike

Riverjet

« Reply #27 on: Mar 19, 2004, 07:45 PM »
NO Saltwater License The money would only go into the general fund anyway.
Heaven is a shallow river & a jet

Mkid

• FISH ON........
« Reply #28 on: Mar 19, 2004, 10:07 PM »
Ive seen the F&G on the docks by the the party boats. They check for short fish and over the limit . ive also heard they go out on party boat undercover. As far as the lcense goes you would  need one for whichever port you left from, NY or NJ. Just like the regs for fish are different. I know NJ and NY had different fluke regs for awhile also striper with NJ's bonus tag....I don't think NY has that. You almost never get checked on the water for fish, by the F&G. They know sooner or later you have to come in to dock.thats why you have to save the racks if you filet at sea.... The license would be a good idea but man... i can hear the screaming now ......Also in other states with a salywater license i think you don't need a license on a party or charter boat its a daily tag that included in the fare.....

RJP

« Reply #29 on: Mar 20, 2004, 08:02 AM »

It doesn't surprise me that the sales of licenses are down, but what I don't understand is that it seems there are alot more people out there than there used to be.

Maybe its just more people and not necessarily more people fishing.  Or maybe  people just don't bother getting  licenses.

Also, it seems that more people are taking more fish than they were in the past.  It may be time for the state to look into whether or not the daily limits on fish like perch, etc. are too high.

Just my $0.02

Russ

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.