FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: HELIX 7 CHIRP MEGA DI GPS G3  (Read 3024 times)

Doubles Shooter

HELIX 7 CHIRP MEGA DI GPS G3
« on: Mar 02, 2020, 04:11 PM »
My 798 HD si is dead. I'm lost without sonar.  I'm looking at the Helix 7 chirp mega di gps. I can get a great deal through a friend. Does anybody here have one? Are you happy with it? I loved my old unit, but it's time to move on. Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you.

gotagetm

Re: HELIX 7 CHIRP MEGA DI GPS G3
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2020, 04:57 PM »
i have helix 5,7 and 9 chirps on my boats i think very good graphs and gps for money replaced my old 787 with them have 5 on front of tracker hooked to my terrova  trolling motor the 7 on the dash of tracker and the 9 on dash of grady white

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2020, 06:33 AM »
I have a Helix 7 Gen2 with Chirp. A very good unit that gets the job done....h2l

filetandrelease

« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2020, 09:12 AM »

My fishing partner is using 1 for ice fishing but is a juice sucker so he put a lithium battery I believe it’s a 12V 15amp no issues at all runs 10-12 hrs with plenty of juice left over ,
 Seems like a solid unit

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2020, 05:32 AM »
Thanks for the replies guys. Hopefully it will be in the boat in a couple weeks. Heading to Ohio in a month for walleye and want some shakedown time here first. The weather finally seems to be making the turn to spring.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #5 on: Mar 04, 2020, 05:35 AM »
i have helix 5,7 and 9 chirps on my boats i think very good graphs and gps for money replaced my old 787 with them have 5 on front of tracker hooked to my terrova  trolling motor the 7 on the dash of tracker and the 9 on dash of grady white

Do you have any interference problems running the 5 and 7 at the same time? I was thinking about putting a 5 on my Terrova too when the wife calms down over this one.

gotagetm

« Reply #6 on: Mar 04, 2020, 06:13 AM »
hahaha, i havent found a problem yet only have had them on there one season so far

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #7 on: Mar 05, 2020, 05:36 AM »
Thanks.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #8 on: Mar 14, 2020, 04:30 PM »
Well, with any amount of luck, my new Helix 7 will be here Thursday. I'll install it Friday and give it a shakedown cruise Saturday.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #9 on: Apr 01, 2020, 09:29 AM »
The virus has messed up my friend's supplier. They were on a skeleton crew delaying things and now they are shut down completely so I lost out on a sweet deal. I did find another unit an hour away. Going to try to escape for a while to go pick it up. The wife and I get 10 days off from watching the grandkids starting Friday and I want the sonar in the boat. I'm going to try to spend every day in the boat.

mcully

« Reply #10 on: Apr 01, 2020, 09:35 AM »
Could be worse

My marina has been trying to work alone moving boats but every time he does people stop thinking he's open for retail so it's a slow process. My new boat is almost freed up but not yet so maybe next week. It will be whenever it will be. Can't expect much now so it will make anything positive nice.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #11 on: Apr 01, 2020, 02:27 PM »
Mcully, good luck. Hope it comes together soon. I brought my Helix 7 home this morning. Have the grandkids out roller blading now. Hopefully I can try to get it installed later.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #12 on: Apr 01, 2020, 06:56 PM »
My Helix 9 should be here sometime this week if Amazon doesn't shut down!

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #13 on: Apr 02, 2020, 04:37 AM »
My Helix 9 should be here sometime this week if Amazon doesn't shut down!

Good luck to you too. Amazon is still moving things along pretty good. I've got a Johnny Ray swivel mount for mine coming in tomorrow. I'm sort of disappointed in Humminbird for not including a cover with the unit though. 

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #14 on: Apr 02, 2020, 11:37 AM »
Hooray! I have sonar again.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.