FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Yep!  (Read 2371 times)

taxid

Yep!
« on: Mar 18, 2020, 06:51 AM »
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

Re: Yep!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2020, 05:23 PM »
You should try poison ivy leaves. They have a medicinal quality to them.  ;)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2020, 09:26 AM »
haha  er ok.

I never used to get it until I got it in my eyes one time. now I get it >:(

I'm very sensitive to it.  I have heard of people that claim they can roll in it and not get it. I'd offer $100.00 if they stripped down to their skivies and rolled in it to prove. No takers.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2020, 01:40 PM »
I'm very sensitive to it.  I have heard of people that claim they can roll in it and not get it. I'd offer $100.00 if they stripped down to their skivies and rolled in it to prove. No takers.

When I was 9 years old I played in a patch of it and got it so bad I was hospitalized for 2 weeks and almost died. Since then it appears I can not get it anymore but I don't tempt fate.

lowaccord66

« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2020, 09:15 PM »

Add a zero before the decimal, come to CT and I'll take that gamble.  Used to get it relentlessly as a kid.  Grew immune!  Best thing ever.

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2020, 06:04 AM »
Add a zero before the decimal, come to CT and I'll take that gamble.  Used to get it relentlessly as a kid.  Grew immune!  Best thing ever.

If it was such a sure thing you'e be happy with $100.00.  ;D

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Apr 02, 2020, 07:33 AM »
"Anyone can develop a sensitivity to urushiol during their lifetime, and this sensitivity may change over time. But there’s no way for someone to be completely immune to the effects of urushiol." (Active component the skin reacts to. So potent one thimble full could cause a reaction for everyone on the planet)

https://www.healthline.com/health/poison-ivy-immunity#dormancy

Fish Farmer

« Reply #7 on: Apr 02, 2020, 02:18 PM »
"Anyone can develop a sensitivity to urushiol during their lifetime, and this sensitivity may change over time. But there’s no way for someone to be completely immune to the effects of urushiol." (Active component the skin reacts to. So potent one thimble full could cause a reaction for everyone on the planet)

I get it pretty bad.

First time was in the Berkshires. A couple of buddies and myself hiked up and down this small hill. There was a patch we had to walk through, but we immediately immersed ourselves in the Deerfield River. They didn't get it, I got a big patch on my shoulder and the back of my leg. I had a hard time walking.

Second time was in the early spring digging around in the yard...didn't know I was digging in poison ivy vines. Patches on my stomach, face, arms and legs.

Third time was pulling a canoe though some small patches, assumed I broke the plants and got it on my leg. It popped up in similar spots, stomach, face and legs. When I felt it was going away..slowed oozing...my leg got really swollen for a day.

I try and stay very far away from it if I have shorts on which I did most if the times I got it.

lowaccord66

« Reply #8 on: Apr 02, 2020, 08:29 PM »

Guess I am just less sensitive!

havejigwilltravel

« Reply #9 on: Apr 10, 2020, 03:53 PM »
you got that right!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.