FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513014 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #435 on: Aug 11, 2016, 02:01 PM »
Looks great Bob.  Glad to see your felling better...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #436 on: Aug 11, 2016, 02:34 PM »
Thanks Dom. I'm about 85% and improving every day. Nothing can stop me from making pickles though ;D

Got those done.
 Did this batch a bit sweeter with some Serrano peppers I picked up at a local farm market.should have some good zing.

My son is stopping by with some porter. Need to do some quality control on the last batch. It takes a certain palette ya know.

Salsa tomorrow.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #437 on: Aug 12, 2016, 11:38 AM »
Yesterday morning I fabricated/attached a hose to the condensate tray on the A/C and ran it into a small "rain barrel". It's so humid out, I "made" 12 gallons of water for the garden in 24 hrs. !   ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

tomturkey

« Reply #438 on: Aug 12, 2016, 12:03 PM »
Yesterday morning I fabricated/attached a hose to the condensate tray on the A/C and ran it into a small "rain barrel". It's so humid out, I "made" 12 gallons of water for the garden in 24 hrs. !   ;D

We put gutter on my buddy's pole barn one spring. We ran it into his spray water tank so he could use it to spray his asparagus field. That was a fantastic idea but mother nature did not cooperate as it did not rain enough all that summer to grow mosquitoes in the tank.

I tilled up my old garden spot the other day. It was powder dry. Waiting for enough rain to allow me to run the roller over it as it will not compact as dry as it is. Next step is plant it to grass.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #439 on: Aug 12, 2016, 05:28 PM »
Soon as the weather breaks, I'm pulling the zucchini and pepper plants. I'll start some radishes.

I need to take a picture of the sunflowers I grew. They're around 12' tall and just starting to flower out. Gigantic!
Pickles and cukes are still coming and sauce tomatoes are not too far away.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

IFF

« Reply #440 on: Aug 12, 2016, 10:10 PM »
I am beginning to think you enjoy eating more than fishing RG
*¿*  Bud

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #441 on: Aug 12, 2016, 10:52 PM »
Soon as the weather breaks, I'm pulling the zucchini and pepper plants. I'll start some radishes...........m

Rg
Nobody likes a quitter!    :P
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #442 on: Aug 13, 2016, 03:33 AM »
I am beginning to think you enjoy eating more than fishing RG

Well, I can only fish when weather permits.  ;D

And........I've had my fill of zucchini. Next year......1 plant only!!!

I got up early to take my walk to the park and back. (I'm not quite up to running as yet) I had hopes of catching some of the Perseid meteor shower. But, after 2 solid weeks of crystal clear morning skies, cloud cover both yesterday and today :-\

I'd go fishing, but it's already 78 degrees with 90% humidity and no break in sight till tomorrow. The geniuses are calling for yet another day around 90 with oppressive humidity again and thunderstorms. We broke a 130 year record yesterday at 96. We're in a severe drought condition here. The streams are nothing but a few dribbles with an occasional puddle. We look to get some spotty rain with the thunderstorms but, nothing like what we really need.

I hate to say it, but I can't wait to feel the need to wear jeans and a sweatshirt to keep warm.

Rg

Mac Attack

« Reply #443 on: Aug 13, 2016, 08:32 AM »

I hate to say it, but I can't wait to feel the need to wear jeans and a sweatshirt to keep warm.

Rg

shaddup

>:(

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #444 on: Aug 13, 2016, 11:01 AM »
The giant sunflowers

I'm 6' tall.

The zucchini jungle

Asparagus and carrots, pickles, tomatoes and some peppers.

The pickles are vining up the giant sunflowers.

My Passion flower vines went crazy this season.

Cukes, pickles, more tomatoes and Passion flowers.

Mama's plantings did well this year too.

Tough weather, lots of watering, but great results.

Rg

boondox

« Reply #445 on: Aug 13, 2016, 11:26 AM »
What happened to those sun flowers ? Did Michel Phelps pee on them to get them to grow that big?? Of you feeding them the same stuff???

tomturkey

« Reply #446 on: Aug 13, 2016, 12:07 PM »
The birds have cleaned all the seeds off my volunteer sunflowers that came up from feeding the birds last winter. Neat to see a cardinal hanging up side down getting a crop full of seeds off the sunflowers.

Dumped 1.75 inches of rain out of the gauge a bit ago.  We had as shower a few minutes ago while the sun was shining. A lot of pop up showers around.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #447 on: Aug 13, 2016, 12:34 PM »
What happened to those sun flowers ? Did Michel Phelps pee on them to get them to grow that big?? Of you feeding them the same stuff???

A-Rod sold me his left overs. He doesnt need them any more.

I need to get a rain gauge.

Clouds are starting to get organized around here. I have a feeling we're in for some strong storms in the next 8 hours.

Rg

boondox

« Reply #448 on: Aug 13, 2016, 12:53 PM »
Lols... the stronger storms were last night they seemed to be moving real slow tons of lightning strikes.. heard 6 people got hit or struck by the lightning in new York 3 were on the same bench under a tree.. when they got struck so careful rg don't want you looking like that guy in the movie the great outdoors! The one with John candy...the guy with the skunk hair due..lol's ya that's about what we got here 1.5 inch of rain.. on a side note got a few Tomato's from the garden we did not plant much this year did not want the up keep.. 2 sunflowers 3-5 tomatoes no cucumbers no squash no radishes no corn etc... small one this year but less up keep was nice..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #449 on: Aug 13, 2016, 05:56 PM »
Actually, it was 2 people killed by lightening in a cemetery in Batavia Ny. They were engaged in amorous behavior under a tree and killed by a strike according to the Batavia police.

We did get some weather today.

Not a lot of rain really. Hope we get more overnight.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.