FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513068 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #540 on: Aug 29, 2016, 06:35 PM »
Looks like a good deal RG. You may have a 2 hr. ride to get there,  but y that let's you find the fishing holes to hit on the easy home.   ;D

Yeah, I spoke with the owner. Struck me as an older, honest individual. I'll go with my gut and take the ride. All aside, my Bride and I will have a nice day on the road together.

Nothing I don't know about fishing that area. Lots of great stream fishing over there. I dare say I've hit most all of them at one time or another. Spent a lot of time at my friend's farm in Strykersville. Fished and hunted all over those counties.

In my working life, I tended lighting and electrical systems in countless stores all over Western NY.

Don't miss it one little bit, but I did gather a lot of good fishing info.😀

Always good to dupe he Doctor Tom. They only think they know everything because they paid so much to learn it all. They still put their pants on one leg at a time.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #541 on: Aug 29, 2016, 06:55 PM »
Great find Bob...
 And real men , or even old hippies eat quiche...    ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #542 on: Aug 29, 2016, 07:16 PM »
Great find Bob...
 And real men , or even old hippies eat quiche...    ;D
I used to make a half dozen Quiche per day, and sold every slice. Minus the one I decided to eat  ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #543 on: Aug 29, 2016, 07:26 PM »
Love a good Quiche. Back when I was an inner city hippie, there was a bakery nearby that made fresh every day. Many was the evening we took a walk for Quiche.

I've never been any good At baking. It is to weep!

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #544 on: Aug 29, 2016, 08:18 PM »
Bob, it's funny that you mentioned your old lightning thing.  When I was a much younger, sprier, and care - free fella I worked for an old  man who's claim to fame was that he was the only UL licensed lightning rod installer east of Syracuse.  We traveled and worked all over eastern New York and New England "protecting" many federal and state buildings and sites. I always had a fishing rod and tackle bag in the work van. One year I was licensed to fish in 5 states.   ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #545 on: Aug 30, 2016, 03:55 AM »
3 states and 2 Canadian provinces was the most I was ever licensed to fish at one time. To clarify, I want nothing to do with lighteNing......I did LIGHTING work ;D

Don't think I've ever met anyone who installed lightening rod systems.

Rg

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #546 on: Aug 30, 2016, 05:51 AM »
Lmao! My bad? I'd swear there was an extra 'n' in there. ... :laugh:
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #547 on: Aug 30, 2016, 10:35 AM »
Anyway, because I brought us way off tangent because I couldn't read, I'll bring us full circle and back to gardening with this little fun fact.

Lightning that accompanies thunderstorms can act to add nitrogen to the soil. Gaseous nitrogen (which makes up about 78 percent of the atmosphere) is unusable by higher plants because of its chemical composition. Nitrogen is transformed to a plant-usable form (nitrogen fixation) by the electrical discharges that can occur within thunderstorms.

The usable nitrogen is added to the soil as a component of precipitation. While this process is beneficial to plants, the vast majority of nitrogen fixation is accomplished by microorganisms in the soil.

Garden on, Garth.     ;D

Wnthunting

« Reply #548 on: Aug 30, 2016, 12:48 PM »
Well I was busy this weekend .. I froze 3 gallon bags of sweet peppers fresh out of the garden.

No matter how many I freeze , we always eat them all by time the fresh peppers come on again .. There's nothing like a hot venison sausage sandwich with peppers and onions  while we're sitting in the ice shanty in mid February 😬

I also canned 6 jars of stewed tomatoes .. It was my first time canning tomatoes and they turned out great ... Lots of garlic, peppers, basil. Think I'll try sauce with the next batch

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #549 on: Aug 30, 2016, 01:15 PM »
Your right Bill...  Our mums were turning yellow because all our thunder storms went around us this summer...  But lightning only adds 5 to 10 percent nitrogen to the soil after the particles are split...  We add a supplement to our watering system to help them....

Wnthunting those peppers look great we also freeze a lot for sausage and peppers....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #550 on: Aug 30, 2016, 01:40 PM »
Peppers look great.

Didn't get the chipper after all. The jerk sold it to someone else after making a deal with me. Oh well, I'll find one eventually.

Rg

Mac Attack

« Reply #551 on: Aug 30, 2016, 01:50 PM »
I always wanted a chipper.
But now that I have cut all the trees down I don't need or want one anymore.

Yup - the peppers look killer!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #552 on: Aug 30, 2016, 02:12 PM »
Bob if it was ment to be it would have happened..  I want a leaf vacume that sherdes the leafs.. Right now I just mow them all into a pile and rake them up and put them in the wheelbarrow...
If you do get a chipper and do small limbs make sure you compost it for a couple years..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #553 on: Aug 30, 2016, 02:42 PM »
I was more hinting about the leaf shreading than branches. I can burn branches easily enough. The leaves and garden waste are what I want to grind to help the compost pile along. I can always use my hand mower. It's a mulcher with a bagger but that doesn't help with the garden waste.

I might just buy a new one.

Rg

Mac Attack

« Reply #554 on: Aug 30, 2016, 03:26 PM »
I do have a leaf sucker/mulcher.
Awesome little badboy.
Love it.
Rake the leaves into a pile and suck them up.
It sucks them through a high speed plastic turbine that creates the suction and also provides the mulching action.
It then spits them out into a large fiber bag on the outlet.
The bag has a zipper down the side that allows you to open it and dump the ground up junk into the garden.
Really cool.
It's green.
I like red better, but it works great.

;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.