FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 514122 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #1200 on: Apr 22, 2017, 04:26 PM »
Thank heaven for Margaritas.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1201 on: Apr 22, 2017, 04:40 PM »

Package arrived Rg thanks alot!!!! I won't say what my bride thought it was  ::) ::) ::)  ;D My niece is gonna get a big kick outta the top too.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1202 on: Apr 22, 2017, 05:09 PM »
Oh you kids  ;D

Happy planting.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1203 on: Apr 22, 2017, 06:22 PM »
So I headed to Lowes this AM to get 10 bags of mulch to top off my gardens. They're on sale this week 5 for $10.

I noticed they had a big pile of bags with holes in them. People don't want them in their Mercedes SUV's . They're messy  :-\

I ended up with 23 bags of mulch for $.90 each. Then I decided to get some landscape timbers. Long story short.....I was very busy today.
 Started with this

Mulched My Bride's flower garden, the front garden, the pine tree, the lilac bush and the bird feeders.

Then I got carried away and did a project I've been after for a few years now. The West side of the house.

It's always looked out of sorts to me so I dug out the sod and laid the landscape timbers and back filled with mulch. It'll be yet another flower garden for my Bride.

Then my son came over and we decided to move the horseshoe court closer to the house. It's been under water all spring and we haven't been able to play.

We moved the pits and decided to try mulch as a media. ( I had a bunch more to use up.)

The mulch worked remarkably well.

Then we had a few beers , tossed a few shoes and cooked a couple ribeye on the Weber........yada....yada.......yada..........wha t a fine spring day.

Rg

boondox

« Reply #1204 on: Apr 22, 2017, 07:04 PM »
Ya what happened to this weather ? All of a sudden it got nice out?

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #1205 on: Apr 22, 2017, 07:44 PM »
Ya what happened to this weather ? All of a sudden it got nice out?
Not here!  Forecast was mostly cloudy this morning with filtered sun this afternoon, so I worked in the shop this morning while it was nice out.  The clouds got thicker after lunch, started raining around 4:00 and has been raining ever since!  >:(
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #1206 on: Apr 22, 2017, 07:56 PM »
Looks great,  RG!  ;D
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1207 on: Apr 23, 2017, 02:37 AM »
We had the opposite. Cold and cloudy in the morning with a little drizzle then it got pretty nice out.

Up early again today to try and get some shots of the Lyrid Meteor Shower. It's clear and 37 here. I'm gonna grab my coffee, a couple blankets and the camera and park out on the chaise lounge for a bit. I've seen a few really long fireballs with this event. Never managed to get a picture of one though.

Seems a little crazy, but it's interesting to me.

Rg

nightbird

« Reply #1208 on: Apr 23, 2017, 07:24 PM »
If only this miserable cold, wet weather would clear up, I'd be filling the truck at Northern Nurseries  in North Battleford. Like a huge shot of spring in their greenhouses now!

boondox

« Reply #1209 on: Apr 24, 2017, 10:13 PM »
Couple week of nice weather in the out look around here..  so started to harden the plants had a few tip overs.. cause plants were top heavy..  hopefully all works out..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1210 on: Apr 25, 2017, 04:10 AM »
 Yeah, a few of mine are bleaching out a bit, but the newer growth looks great. I'll probably transplant the starters into larger peat pots tonight. I'm not putting them in the ground for another week or two.........just in case this weather decides to flop on me.

Rg

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1211 on: Apr 25, 2017, 04:26 AM »
Yeah, a few of mine are bleaching out a bit, but the newer growth looks great. I'll probably transplant the starters into larger peat pots tonight. I'm not putting them in the ground for another week or two.........just in case this weather decides to flop on me.

Rg
I always wait for Memorial day just like Grandpaw taught me, but I will finally begin the garden prep this weekend! Tons of down branches to burn, should be a nice big fire for the garden this year  ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1212 on: Apr 25, 2017, 05:46 AM »
Just moved my starts back to the basement. I'm still learning about this stuff. They took a pretty good hit the last couple days. I failed to protect them from the wind and direct sun and left them out too long.. I'll see if some "intensive care" will revive them. Worst case is, I'll re-plant. I've got plenty of seed and plenty of time. I can always direct sow the veggies if necessary.

Think I'll scrounge some pot trays from work today.

My radishes are doing good and the asparagus is coming up strong on 3 of the 7 heads. I'm hoping the others will produce as the soil gets a bit warmer. If not, I'll replace them.

Rg

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #1213 on: Apr 25, 2017, 05:52 AM »
I always wait for Memorial day just like Grandpaw taught me, .......
X2 !   ;D

tomturkey

« Reply #1214 on: Apr 25, 2017, 07:38 AM »
I always wait for Memorial day just like Grandpaw taught me, but I will finally begin the garden prep this weekend! Tons of down branches to burn, should be a nice big fire for the garden this year  ;D

X3 Not the pc Memorial day the REAL MEMEORIAL DAY.

I need to haul the tiller back over here so I can work the old garden spot back up. Part will be seeded to grass and a small part will planted to some green beans to satisfy the boss.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.