FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ANY ONE FISHING?  (Read 18306 times)

SKIFFLAKEJIMMY

Re: ANY ONE FISHING?
« Reply #15 on: Apr 07, 2015, 07:37 AM »
  Fifth Time out got 9 tonight ......6 crappies 3 gills keepers.... threw back 3 small crappies and threw 5 gills back , water temp 53 degrees

Nice!!!!
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!

rp dog

« Reply #16 on: Apr 09, 2015, 03:56 PM »
Wow nobody fish in michigan any more.After today they should be jumping in the boat!!

smeltbuster

« Reply #17 on: Apr 12, 2015, 07:36 PM »
I finally got my toon out, on Gull last night, & tried for lakers On the north end. No bites, but I did see some swimming around.  Headed down to the Detroit river, for a walleye charter, Mon. afternoon, w/ a well known walleye  expert.  Really looking forward to trying something new.
Yes I am here, but I would rather be on the Kenai river,fishing for reds!

boondox

« Reply #18 on: Apr 12, 2015, 07:53 PM »
I finally got my toon out, on Gull last night, & tried for lakers On the north end. No bites, but I did see some swimming around.  Headed down to the Detroit river, for a walleye charter, Mon. afternoon, w/ a well known walleye  expert.  Really looking forward to trying something new.

yep walters are in got four up in port Huron that came from most likely the Detroit river  or lake Huron the guy next to us got a steel head i did not get a picture of...  i love fishing the east side you get mixed bags nothing beats those mixed fish bags we see on the east side... any how hope you get out and enjoy your self you should be in for a treat walleye is the name of the game right now! i hear guys even get steel head fishing on the Detroit river  while jigging walleyes by the way last  night some one got a hold of a big Atlantic salmon  they seen it at the net but it broke them off just a head up to you smelt buster there are some nice fish on the st Clair river this time of year..... hope you make it and have a blast!     

smeltbuster

« Reply #19 on: Apr 13, 2015, 06:42 AM »
Thanks, boondox. Going  out w/ Capt. Lance Valentine. I will post a report , on Tues. afternoon. By the time I get home tonight, it will be too late. I have to get up at 0: dark -thirty, to go to work.

SKIFFLAKEJIMMY

« Reply #20 on: Apr 14, 2015, 08:21 AM »
I never got out this past weekend. My little girl chose to give me a new grand daughter on Thursday. Me and Grammie got to watch the 2 year old  for 4 days. We are still recovering. That little princess ran us ragged. It sure was fun though. Gotta buy more fishin poles! ;D
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!

smeltbuster

« Reply #21 on: Apr 14, 2015, 02:48 PM »
Wow, what a trip w/ Capt. Lance Valentine, last night. In 3 hrs. we boated 19 eyes ;D. The biggest was just under 10 lbs., & another was over 8 lbs. ;D.  Seems to be the 2 most important things about Detroit river walleye, are knowing where the fish are, & boat control. The wind was terrible last night, but Lance did a great job keeping us on the fish. I would highly recommend him, if someone is interested in trying this fishery.

rp dog

« Reply #22 on: Apr 14, 2015, 08:13 PM »
I never got out this past weekend. My little girl chose to give me a new grand daughter on Thursday. Me and Grammie got to watch the 2 year old  for 4 days. We are still recovering. That little princess ran us ragged. It sure was fun though. Gotta buy more fishin poles! ;D
First I have to say congratulations. Pretty exciting and in few years you'll have fishing partners and they sure can wear you down.

rp dog

« Reply #23 on: Apr 14, 2015, 08:21 PM »
Wow, what a trip w/ Capt. Lance Valentine, last night. In 3 hrs. we boated 19 eyes ;D. The biggest was just under 10 lbs., & another was over 8 lbs. ;D.  Seems to be the 2 most important things about Detroit river walleye, are knowing where the fish are, & boat control. The wind was terrible last night, but Lance did a great job keeping us on the fish. I would highly recommend him, if someone is interested in trying this fishery.
I was curious as to how that went. Glad to hear it went well windy enough yesterday to make things difficult for sure. It is a good fishery just takes somebody with talent controlling the boat. Pretty well leaves me out I have enough trouble on a lake.

rp dog

« Reply #24 on: Apr 17, 2015, 03:18 PM »
Guess I figured out the pictures. We well see

rp dog

« Reply #25 on: Apr 17, 2015, 03:59 PM »
I'm still a work in progress.

rp dog

« Reply #26 on: Apr 20, 2015, 06:12 PM »

boondox

« Reply #27 on: Apr 21, 2015, 10:35 PM »

managed five eyes a steel head and almost a coho went to set the hook and hit  the bell tether line preventing the hook set  seen it swimming away shaking fins at me  cursing me... any how yep were fishing ....all in port huron  off the wall... i got the walleyes on my phone but no steel head and i dont know how to down load this phone yet will figure it out sooner or later...  just got the phone...

• I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #28 on: Apr 22, 2015, 08:56 AM »
bought a old town vapor 10 angler kayak (lifetime hull warranty) so i can fish lakes i can't launch my boat. been using the flies i started tying and doing super on them. i couldn't eat them all when i had a fish fry for the wife and me. that was one days catch of 11 9" gills.
trying some new fly rods and reels and lines too. i sttill like the okuma 8 weight rod over the new 5 weight cabelas rls+ rod. both new fly reels and lines are much better than my older ones. the older lines have to have a no-tie metal spike pushed into the end of the line. the new lines have a loop to receive the newer tipets that also have a loop.

got my fishing buddy to buy two kayaks yesterday.
some really nice deals at dunhams right now if any one looking to fly fish from kayaks is wanting to buy one.
stealth all the way. its rewarding to catch too many fish on your hand made fly's too. i use the black spiders with chartreuse legs mainly.

looks like fishing will be on hold until next tuesday at least, unless we get some ice to walk on before then.

boondox

« Reply #29 on: Apr 22, 2015, 10:05 PM »
bought a old town vapor 10 angler kayak (lifetime hull warranty) so i can fish lakes i can't launch my boat. been using the flies i started tying and doing super on them. i couldn't eat them all when i had a fish fry for the wife and me. that was one days catch of 11 9" gills.
trying some new fly rods and reels and lines too. i sttill like the okuma 8 weight rod over the new 5 weight cabelas rls+ rod. both new fly reels and lines are much better than my older ones. the older lines have to have a no-tie metal spike pushed into the end of the line. the new lines have a loop to receive the newer tipets that also have a loop.

got my fishing buddy to buy two kayaks yesterday.
some really nice deals at dunhams right now if any one looking to fly fish from kayaks is wanting to buy one.
stealth all the way. its rewarding to catch too many fish on your hand made fly's too. i use the black spiders with chartreuse legs mainly.

looks like fishing will be on hold until next tuesday at least, unless we get some ice to walk on before then.

been trying to find a good kayak for me for a long time just went with a canoe there more stable for this big guy and a paddle it like a kayak i tried crab pot float stabilizers etc..etc... the home build version  of course.. heck i am a big guy i sat on the water in a 600 pound max kayak and flip it asap i am to top heavy. weight in at a good 4 and a quarter pounds at 6 foot 4 tall...  any how tried solo canoes too juts to short and not enough stability  under me for my likeings     any how you fish a lot of pannies you should set the yak up for spider rigging for crappie use the wind to your advantage  that and check out ram mount dot com.. they got cool traducer mount for kayaks and canoes...same with fish finder mounts,  go pro mounts etc....etc..any how check out ram mounts then all you need  is a anchor...trolley for fishing in wind ... chain anchor for rivers and cement anchors for lakes  like a mushroom anchor we took coffee can's  to cat food / dog food cans and made the min to anchors with re bar bent to shape and filled it up with cement ...   start searching rigging ideas for the kayak like on you tube.. if i ever move down south i getting a jet ski and rigging it for wreck fishing maybe ??? 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.