FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513016 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #4755 on: Sep 21, 2022, 04:44 PM »
Me to.. Got to put some meat in the freezer to go with all those vegetables..😎
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Bartman44

« Reply #4756 on: Sep 21, 2022, 07:17 PM »
Looks like everyone is having a banner year.  :thumbup_smilie:

Agree on the tomatoes, they just keep on coming. Got home from vacation last night only to find even more. My wife has been kept busy processing them all, I think we're good on sauce for the cold winter nights.

Also came home to the hibiscus in full bloom.

gotagetm

« Reply #4757 on: Sep 21, 2022, 09:09 PM »
Yup, what's pink flower? I accually ate late season second blooms off our magnolias tonight..bitter than spring ones but still good!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4758 on: Sep 22, 2022, 04:37 AM »
Lookin good Bart..👍👍
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishinator

« Reply #4759 on: Sep 25, 2022, 04:04 PM »
We picked all the sweet peppers but there’s still a bunch of hot ones left.
 Tomatoes are just silly this year. We and canned and frozen enough for 2 years..   Still getting cucumbers and nice small zucchini’s . Mindy made chocolate chip, zucchini cookies the other night.   I should weigh 300 pounds.  But still 190.  😎
zucchini cookies sounded good. Mentioned it to the wife and now we have several bags of cookies, along with several loafs of zuchini bread in the deep freeze. 

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4760 on: Sep 26, 2022, 04:59 AM »
I’ll be closing up all the gardens, except the trough planter in the coming week. Have one raised bed to dig out and remove. The frame is pretty rotted. I’ll be using the soil to fill the other 4 beds prior to planting my garlic in the middle of October. I have beans and spinach in one bed. Don’t know what I’ll get for beans but the spinach is loving this weather. Radishes in the trough are doing great. Should be harvesting them in the next week or so. I’ll put the winter cover on the trough and keep spinach in it most of the winter. If I let some go, it comes back in the spring and tastes amazing.

The flowers are peaking and will probably be pretty much done in by next week. Might move a few begonias indoors if I can find a place to put them. Love having flowers around indoors during the winter months. Brought all the house plants in so I’m running out of window space.

Soon I’ll be mulching up leaves for the beds. Another fall approaches.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4761 on: Sep 26, 2022, 06:37 AM »
Yup it’s clean up time..  Fine with me..  ;D. Been a busy hot summer..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4762 on: Oct 02, 2022, 12:02 PM »
Did a bunch of work on my Garden yesterday. Removed the rotted bed and transferred the soil to the other 5 beds. Laid weed barrier and mulched he area. Moved my potting bench to the new space I created. Made storage for all my fencing. Now I don’t have to fight with it every time I want to get around the beds. It made a nice area to store my tractor and leaf bagger.

I turned the beds over with the newly added soil. I’ll be tilling them for garlic in the next couple weeks. Very happy with the results. Added space and I still have 5 beds and 2 other planting areas for veggies.

Been wanting to do this all summer. Just too busy at the course to get to it.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

gotagetm

« Reply #4763 on: Oct 02, 2022, 05:32 PM »

Supposed to get down in 20s here tonight picked whatever peppers I had left

fishinator

« Reply #4764 on: Oct 02, 2022, 07:01 PM »

I did the same. Sliced, sealed and in the freezer.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4765 on: Oct 03, 2022, 04:34 AM »
Nice job guys..👍

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4766 on: Oct 06, 2022, 02:53 PM »
I’ll be prepping the beds for garlic in he next couple weeks., Don’t plant it till I have leaves falling to make leaf mulch. Seems to work.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4767 on: Oct 09, 2022, 03:41 PM »
My last harvest :-\
 Garlic is in. ;D

gotagetm

« Reply #4768 on: Oct 09, 2022, 04:16 PM »
Started getting old stuff out today gonna spread cooked down seaweed and plow under this week, leaves are falling I can pile up for mulch and get ready for fall planting

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4769 on: Oct 10, 2022, 12:29 PM »
Yeah, gotta put the cover on my trough planter tomorrow. Love our winter spinach.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.