FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake Lenore  (Read 32611 times)

anglerbrian

Lake Lenore
« on: Jun 07, 2011, 10:50 AM »
Made it out Lake lenore (Small) yesterday. Fishing was decent. I caught 9 walleye ranging from 2-6 lbs.
Kept a couple for supper.  I was surprised we didnt even get one Pike. My sister had a nice perch on but it never made it into the boat.
  It was a beautiful day for fishing.  Things should start to pick up now that the water has warmed a little.

SaskWatch

Re: Lake Lenore
« Reply #1 on: Jun 14, 2011, 09:35 PM »
Is there still a mercury warning for LL?

nicemustang

« Reply #2 on: Jun 14, 2011, 11:18 PM »
Where on little lake were you?

anglerbrian

« Reply #3 on: Jun 15, 2011, 11:58 AM »
I was out in front of the house on the west side for the most part.
As for mercury you will find it is in every lake in southern Sask , as it is a component of our soil.
Dont worry about it unless you plan on living on fish only.

anglerbrian

« Reply #4 on: Jun 15, 2011, 01:13 PM »
A little info on mercury in Sask Lakes
http://www.environment.gov.sk.ca/adx/aspx/adxGetMedia.aspx?DocID=2a256b90-19c2-4865-9e89-a5723f5b990c&MediaID=4256&Filename=Mercury+in+Fish+Consumption+Report+2009.pdf&l=English

Also from the fishing guide
February 12, 2009 - Revised Fish Consumption Guidelines Established for Lake Lenore
After reviewing results of recent testing for mercury in walleye and northern pike taken from Lake Lenore, the Ministry of Environment has issued revised guidelines for eating fish from the lake:

Walleye:

• Children and pregnant women should not eat walleye over 40 centimetres long.
• Healthy adults should limit their consumption of walleye over 40 cm. long, as follows:

o No more than one meal/week if walleye are between 40 and 50 cm. long.
o No more than one meal/two weeks if walleye are between 50 and 60 cm. long.

• Walleye longer than 60 cm. should not be eaten.

Northern Pike:

• Children and pregnant women should not eat northern pike over 50 cm. long.
• Healthy adults should limit their consumption of northern pike over 50 cm. long to no more than one meal/week.

One meal is 0.23 kilograms (1/2 pound or 8 ounces) of fish

nicemustang

« Reply #5 on: Jun 18, 2011, 08:41 PM »
Ya I've hooked a couple there too. There some more being caught all the way south on the little lake as well. Seems that the bait has to be moving. Also had luck at lungs launch as well.

anglerbrian

« Reply #6 on: Jun 29, 2011, 08:47 AM »

Tried LL again on Monday. Fishing was pretty good on the little lake. I talked to a couple of guys who were fishing the big lake and they were doing very well. The walleye they were catching were a little bigger on Avg than what we had. didnt have the camera at the lake so snapped one at home.

lewk24

« Reply #7 on: Jun 29, 2011, 09:00 AM »
nice fish...congrats.

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #8 on: Jun 29, 2011, 02:32 PM »
Way to go anglerbrian you found some nice walleye and pike at LL. :)

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

anglerbrian

« Reply #9 on: Jun 29, 2011, 03:20 PM »
Hey W.W. hows the fishing this summer? So far I have only been to Stony (near Humboldt) and Little lake Lenore. The pike there do fight nice,  and are tasty.
  I have yet to make it out to Last Mountain or Fishing lake and I hear the water levels are very high . My brother is going to give Deif a try next week and scout it out for Walleye and Rainbows.
  Good luck this season and take care. 

ochocenko

« Reply #10 on: Jul 08, 2011, 04:19 PM »
Nice fish there anglerbrian. Just wondering if you knew where to launch on the big lake? I've been to the little lake lots, but never the big lake. I'm assuming you can get thru from the little lake to the big lake with the water as high as it is this year, but is there any obstacles?

Water Wolf

« Reply #11 on: Jul 11, 2011, 05:24 PM »
Hey W.W. hows the fishing this summer? So far I have only been to Stony (near Humboldt) and Little lake Lenore. The pike there do fight nice,  and are tasty.
  I have yet to make it out to Last Mountain or Fishing lake and I hear the water levels are very high . My brother is going to give Deif a try next week and scout it out for Walleye and Rainbows.
  Good luck this season and take care. 

Hi anglerbrian,
The fishing for me so-far has been great. ;D
I have been able to try a few different lakes this open water season and have picked up a few fish at each. Fishing Lake have been really good as of late, {see my fishing reports} and it still had quite high water level.
Not sure what the situation or fishing is like at LML. :-\

Hope your bro finds the bows and walleyes.

Good luck this open water season to you as well. :)

WW

anglerbrian

« Reply #12 on: Jul 13, 2011, 01:39 PM »
Nice fish there anglerbrian. Just wondering if you knew where to launch on the big lake? I've been to the little lake lots, but never the big lake. I'm assuming you can get thru from the little lake to the big lake with the water as high as it is this year, but is there any obstacles?
Hey Ochocenko. There is a launch on the big lake as well just a little north from the little lake on the west side. It is called Lungs. You can easily get into the big lake from the little lake the water is a few feet deeper there than it used to be as you can tell from all the flooded out trees.
   No real obstacles. just watch your water depth.  I am heading there again tomorrow. I have tried Stony (near Humboldt) a few times and it is picking up but you have to work for them. 

anglerbrian

« Reply #13 on: Jul 14, 2011, 07:32 PM »
Went fishing today in spite of the rain. My fishing buddy chickened out and she is sorry now. The fishing was awesome.
This time the original thinfin in gold was what they wanted.. I use a short section of red  XT mono with a swivel on one end and a snap on the other to attach the thinfin to the main line. This way I can add a weight to get the lure to the proper depth.  Today 12-15 feet.

Caught at least 20 in 3 hours including a couple of nice pike.

Water Wolf

« Reply #14 on: Jul 19, 2011, 12:11 AM »
Wow, 20 in 3 hours, that's darn good fishin'. 8)
Nice looking walleye.

WW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.