FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New blue line  (Read 2063 times)

Digs

New blue line
« on: May 22, 2019, 09:46 PM »
I've been scouting some new streams in my area looking for wild brookies. Dropped the kids off at school and headed to the stream. Fished for 2 hours before I had to work. Landed 4 and missed 2. It's always fun when you find some wild fish. They are small but a ton of fun to find. I'll never get tired of hunting these little guys. It amazes me how well these little fish hide and ambush their meals.

meandcuznalfy

Re: New blue line
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 09:54 PM »
Very cool. They are a great fish to catch, I grew up fishing streams for then. It is amazing at how well they can hide, even in the smallest pools.

Digs

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 09:58 PM »
Very cool. They are a great fish to catch, I grew up fishing streams for then. It is amazing at how well they can hide, even in the smallest pools.
Yeah it's pretty impressive. They are aggressive little guys too. Not sure why I get so excited over such little fish but it's more about being out there putting in the time and being outside. I could easily go to the Saco and catch bigger browns and rainbows but these guys excite me more.

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 10:13 PM »
I get excited when I fish for them, although it's only been a handful of times in the past 20 years I've fished for them. I should take my boy so he can have that experience before they get rid of them out here.

Digs

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 10:28 PM »
I get excited when I fish for them, although it's only been a handful of times in the past 20 years I've fished for them. I should take my boy so he can have that experience before they get rid of them out here.

My sons are getting antsy to go once little league is over and we have some free time the three of us are going for sure.

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 10:31 PM »
Mine would like it, lots of action, he's bored of jigging for eyes and perch, been a little slow so far this spring.

zwiggles

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2019, 10:32 PM »
Those are some beauties! You put in way more work for those than a stocker, and that makes it all the more rewarding. That and the areas they seem to frequent tend to be quite peaceful and beautiful as well.

Digs

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2019, 10:47 PM »
Those are some beauties! You put in way more work for those than a stocker, and that makes it all the more rewarding. That and the areas they seem to frequent tend to be quite peaceful and beautiful as well.

Thanks......That's why I don't fish the Saco much...... The tube hatch of yahoos.....kills the mood.

Johnnh

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2019, 04:28 AM »
Chasing native brookies has always been an exciting time. I grew up in the northern Adirondacks in New York. In our own version of the movie Stand By Me , 4 of us ventured deep into the forest chasing brookies in lots of small Brooks. I have always been amazed at the spots we would find them.

I continued my search back in the days when I was a young lineman working in the Cambridge, Shushan and  Anaquassacook, NY area. The famous Battenkill runs through this area. I carried a popeils pocket fisherman in one of the compartments on my bucket truck and if I was working near a brook, I would spend my lunch time getting entertained by those amazing native brookies.

I have passed this on to my kids and they still enjoy the excitement

John

AquaAssassin

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2019, 05:05 AM »
Great post, I have a blast catching Natives and Wilds myself! Plenty of wild Bows and Browns around too.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

Digs

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2019, 07:31 AM »
Great post, I have a blast catching Natives and Wilds myself! Plenty of wild Bows and Browns around too.

That's awesome...... I haven't got any wild bows yet. They are on my list to find.  Last year I got a couple wild browns.

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2019, 07:53 AM »
Very cool, thats some trout fishing that a bass guy like me could get into... Thanks for sharing

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2019, 08:15 AM »
I agree, I also love the "backwoods" type of fishing where not only are you looking to hook into some fish, but also hunting locations. For my honeymoon we went to Gatlinburg TN and I flew some rods in. What beautiful country and amazing wild trout fishery. This was my favorite spot at Rainbow Falls fishing the Le Conte Creek. Man do I want to go back to do that again. All on dry flies too.

hooking into some fat bows is also fun!

Wicked Wec

AquaAssassin

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2019, 08:25 AM »
That's awesome...... I haven't got any wild bows yet. They are on my list to find.  Last year I got a couple wild browns.

Nice!

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

AquaAssassin

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2019, 08:25 AM »
Awesome pics guys

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.